The Republic of Costa Rica, within its Doing and tax guidelines, has the Tax Form D300 called the Registration Form for Marketers, Distributors and Producers of the Basic Tax Basket.
This is a form issued by the General Directorate of Taxation of the Ministry of Finance, where all companies that have to do with the products of the basic tax basket must register.
Read this article and learn more about what this form is about, because your company may need to register and receive the corresponding tax benefits as the case may be.
What is the Tax Form D300 like?
The Tax Form D300 You can get it through the Treasury web portal. The filling out of the form is not done online, you must download it and then follow the filling instructions.
Steps to obtain Tax Form D300 are the following:
- Enter the web portal of the Treasury.
- Do the form download, it is in Excel format and you can make modifications in case of filling errors.
- Save the form on the computer.
- Later, proceed to fill it.
- Finally, save, print, sign and seal the form for later submission.
Any person who starts an economic activity must register or register as a taxpayer. This registration or registration must be made before the Tax Administration.
The registration is made once an economic activity subject to taxes is started according to the Administration of the General Directorate of Taxation.
All the requirements to register are certified in the ATV portal or in the Tax Administration if the procedure was done in person.
Instructions for Completing the Tax Form D300
The Tax Form D300 has seven sections, which must be filled out properly by the applicant, the last section must only be filled out by the Tax Administration.
To fill out the form correctly, follow the instructions below:
For the request:
- You must indicate if you are a producer, distributor or marketer of the products of the Basic Tax Basket or if you are an exporter. If you are a producer and an exporter, indicate the two options.
- Also, indicate the date of the request.
They are the identification data of the applicant:
- Indicate the business name or name of the company.
- Also, the exact location.
- The name and identity card of the legal representative.
- Likewise, it must indicate the economic activity.
- You must indicate the email to receive notifications, it must be the same email registered in the Single Tax Registry. If not, you must correct the case
Object of the Tax
In relation to the object it must:
- Indicate if the product you sell is a good or a service.
- Also, if you sell goods and services as well, you must indicate this. Where it says «Broadly detail the goods and / or services you sell,» you must specify those goods and services.
Calculation of the Percentage of Operations
Percentage of operations with products included in the Basic Tax Basket Decree
- For the Declarations that have been presented in the year prior to the date of the request.
- Also, if you are a new taxpayer with less than six months of operations in the Value Added Tax, you must make a projection of the operations of the following six months from the date of the application.
Percentage of operations by exports
- In the case of Declarations that have been presented in the year prior to the date of the request.
- Likewise, in the case of being a new taxpayer with less than six months of operations in the Value Added Tax, you must make a projection of the operations of the following six months from the date of the application.
This section is for the following cases:
- This section corresponds to applicants who do not meet the 75% requirement, Article 2 and 5 of the Resolution of Registration of traders, distributors and producers of the basic tax basket.
- In addition, it is a Registry of exporters and a procedure for granting the exemption or reduced rate of the Value Added Tax.
- In the cases of a taxpayer who is authorized to buy without paying the General Sales Tax. You must indicate the tax that you would have had to pay for purchases if the purchase had not been authorized in the boxes «Tax incurred in the acquisition of taxed goods and services.»
- Also, those taxpayers who have annual production cycles must use the data from the returns that show the taxpayer’s activity.
In this section you must indicate the data requested, sign and seal.
If the form is not presented by the legal representative of the company, whoever makes the request must have a broad power of attorney indicating the power granted.
For use by the Tax Administration
This section must be filled out solely and exclusively by the person in charge of receiving the form.
What is it for?
Form D300 It was created to identify taxpayers who are dedicated to carrying out activities with products included in the Basic Tax Basket Decree. Likewise, it allows you to enjoy the reduced rate of 1% on agricultural inputs, as well as to register tax debits and credits.
In this way they can make the request in the General Directorate of Finance to enjoy the reduced rate of the corresponding value added tax. Likewise, it is mandatory for all agricultural producers of products in the basic basket to carry out this registration.
Therefore, it is a record that has the purpose of granting tax benefits to entrepreneurs engaged in agricultural activities.
Who Issues It?
Form D-300 is issued by the General Directorate of Taxation through the Virtual Tax Administration System (ATV) of the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Costa Rica.
The requirements to enroll in the Form D-300 are as follows:
- Be a producer, distributor or merchant of products that are in the basic tax basket.
- The production, marketing or distribution of goods, products or raw materials for the production of said products must meet certain conditions:
- The transactions or operations that you carry out must be at least 75% of the total of your operations. It is a percentage that must be estimated according to the operations of one year.
- If the operations do not reach 75%, you can request inclusion in the registry if the tax on the acquisition of goods and services levied for all your operations in a normal situation exceeds the fiscal debit continuously for three periods.
- It must be registered with the Tax Administration in the Single Tax Registry.
- The legal representative of legal persons must be registered and duly accredited before the Single Tax Registry.
- In addition, you must be up to date with the material and formal obligations of the Tax Administration.
- Likewise, you must be up to date with the Costa Rican Social Security Fund.
- You must have an email to receive notifications.
What is Tax Form D300?
Form D300 is the Registration Form for Marketers, Distributors and Producers of the Basic Tax Basket and Exporters.
Form D300 was created with the purpose of granting tax benefits to producers engaged in agricultural activities of products that make up the Basic Tax Basket. The form identifies the taxpayers dedicated to the production, distribution and marketing of products included in the Basic Basket Decree Tax.
These taxpayers can manage before the General Directorate of Finance the granting of a reduced rate of the corresponding value added tax (VAT).
All agricultural producers of products in the basic basket must register through Form D300. Likewise, in the case of not carrying out the respective registration, the merchants when selling agricultural inputs cannot apply 1% of the value added tax (VAT), but instead apply 13% of the mentioned tax.
If you have read the entire article so far, then you know very well what to do if you work with products in the basic basket. Also, know how to register with the Tax Form D-300.
Visit GESTIONALO.NET Costa Rica