The Trademark Registration Form It will allow you to carry out precisely the intellectual property registration that you need in order to reserve copyright and claim the authenticity of the brand that you plan to register in the National Registry Center (CNR). It is a very important procedure, which we will be talking about today.
Throughout this article we will explain everything you need to know about this form. From the format, how to fill it out, where to download it and what it is for exactly. We will also indicate where you should present it and what the entire management costs, in addition to solving some of the most specific doubts that you may present at the end.
Format of the Form for Registration of a Trademark
Let’s start by talking about How is the Trademark Registration Form. We will tell you exactly what you should get and what data will be requested throughout the document. This will allow you to be prepared and will even serve as a kind of guide for when you go to fill it up.
First of all, you should know that you will find it in .doc format, to be opened from Microsoft Word, so you must have this program installed before downloading the form. From there you can print it, which means that the process is not currently online.
This form is very easy to get. It consists of only three (03) pages, of which only the first two have to be completed. To fill it out, a series of instructions must be followed, which we will mention later. For now, you have to know that data that includes are as follows:
- Applicant Information. They will ask you for the basic information: full name, profession, NIT, age, address. In addition, you must indicate if you act as a proxy, legal representative, if it is a personal procedure or an informal manager. Depending on your selection, you will have to answer the corresponding section.
- Additionally, you must indicate whether or not there is an interested third party that must be notified. If so, you have to indicate your data.
- Data of the Holder. Now you must indicate the name or business name of the owner, address, nationality. If it is a legal person, nature. If you are a natural person, you only need to indicate age and profession.
- Brand Data. This section is extremely important because you will be asked for a series of data referring directly to what you are looking to register. You should point out:
- Brand Requested and translation if it is in a language other than Spanish.
- Brand type: of services, of product, of product and service, collective or diversification.
- Service / Products that covers. You will have to provide the class number and specifically list them all.
- Bookings: if you are going to use the brand as it is presented, if you can make use of all the colors and fonts, or other reservations.
- Petitions, how to register the requested trademark.
- Annexes that you are adding to the form.
- Notifications. Just enter your email and the data of the people authorized to receive notifications in the Intellectual Property Registry.
- Finally, the applicant must sign, and place and date. If it is the case that the applicant is a proxy, then the stamp of the lawyer must go.
As you can see, it is a very simple procedure. The positive thing about management is that you can carry it out from the comfort of where you are, at the time you want, at your own time.
Keep in mind that before registering a trademark you should check that it is no longer registered. It will save you from having to waste time and energy.
How to Request a Trademark Registration Form?
Now let’s talk about How to Download the Trademark Registration Form. In this way, you will know exactly what you must do to access this form issued by the National Registry Center (CNR).
Next, we have recreated a series of steps that you must follow in order to access the form you are looking for. Let’s see!
- To begin, you must enter the web portal of the National Registry Center.
- Once there, locate the section corresponding to Topics.
- When you hover over this section, a list of options will be displayed. Locates Intellectual Property Registry.
- Again, a list of options will be displayed when you hover over this option. You must find the Request Form and click on it.
- You will be redirected to a new page, where you can find the Trademark Registration Application Form and the corresponding download option.
That’s how easy it is to get the form. As you can see, it won’t take you more than a few minutes. Just download it, print it out and start filling it out. We also leave you the direct access so you can decide what you want to do. From this link you can download it at once, its last update was in 2019.
Filling in the Form to Register a Trademark
The Instructions for Completing the Trademark Registration Form appear on the third page of the document. However, we bring them to you so that you can have them present at the same time you fill out the form.
- You can complete it by typing (directly in Word) or by hand.
- Use a black or dark blue ink pen. It is not formal to present the form written in pencil or with a red pen.
- If you fill it out by hand, you should use block letters so that it is legible.
- The document cannot contain deletions or amendments.
- You cannot forget to sign or stamp the attorney if the applicant is the attorney-in-fact.
- Green spaces are left blank. This fills them Intellectual Property Registry.
- The class number that you must indicate you can check by clicking here.
- You must follow the instructions that appear in red.
- The facsimile or attached model it has to be the same as those that are appended. Dimensions can be up to 8 x 8 cms. Likewise, if the facsimile is printed directly in the application, add a digital version and send it to intellectual email@example.com, referring to the application presentation number.
- When it is a proxy or commercial company registered in the Commercial registerIt is not necessary to attach the original and certified copy of the legal documents. In all other cases, if (birth certificates, unregistered powers of attorney, etc.)
- Explain the completion of the email.
All these aspects must be taken into account in order to avoid denial when receiving the document. We also recommend that you read them again in the form so that you can read the legality instructions.
Frequently Asked Questions National Registry Center (CNR)
Some Frequently asked questions that are carried out during this process are the following that we will mention below.
Where is the Trademark Registration Form submitted?
You must fill out, print and present the form at the document reception windows of the Intellectual Property Registry.
What is the cost of the form?
The form is completely free. However, the procedure itself has an approximate cost of $ 100.
On what occasions will the document be rejected?
If you follow the instructions provided on the third page of the form, the form could be rejected. Especially with those referring to articles in legal norms.
What is the durability of a trademark registration?
It must be renewed every 10 years, as this is the durability time.
How is a brand formed?
- Phonetics. How do you pronounce?
- Isotype, refers to the signs, designs, drawings or symbols that represent the company.
- Typography refers to the font and colors used.
- Name of the Mark.
Is there an instructions to fill out the form?
Yes! You will find it at the end of the form.
Registering a trademark is extremely important. It is a procedure that must be done to achieve the legalization of this. Remember that the brand is the face of a company, product or person and therefore must be pleasantly processed.
What is it?
The Trademark Registration Form It is issued by the National Registry Center. This is a very important procedure for all those people, legal representatives, attorneys or third parties who need to register intellectual property.
It consists of only three (03) pages, of which two are to fill out and the last one constitutes the specific instructions that the applicant must take into account when filling out the form. This can be filled out by typing or by hand, to then be presented with the additional documents at the windows of the Intellectual Property Registry.
It must be filled in with a black ballpoint pen, in legible print, if you do it by hand. Likewise, documents that contain amendments or erasures are not accepted. The cost of the procedure is approximately $ 100 and it only lasts for 10 years, during which time you will have to renew the right.
We hope we have helped you with what you were looking for. You now have the tools you need to fill out and submit the form. We wish you good luck.
Until next time!
Visit GESTIONALO.NET El Salvador
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar