Insuring our life and our health accordingly is a rather tricky business. not all citizens -and less those who have income just above the minimum wage- they have the possibility of paying for a consultation, or even emergency care, in a private health center.
That is why he Ministry of Health An affiliated institution was created that allows those enrolled in its system to obtain help to pay for all kinds of health-related expenses, such as treatments, medications, emergencies, therapies, consultations, and almost all aspects of this area.
And you can prove all this with a simple certificate, which shows that you are affiliated, and therefore, There is no need to worry about getting deep in debt so that you and your children can stay healthy.
Here we present, then, the simplest, fastest and easiest way to get your Fonasa certificate.
What is Fonasa?
The National Health Fundusually known by its abbreviation fonasais a financial institution that is in charge of collecting, managing and dividing the resources of the Condition that are assigned to the health systems of Chili.
Founded in 1979 under the Law Decree No. 2763.2took the powers and obligations of the previous National Employee Medical Service (SERMEN) and the extinct National Health Service (SNS).
It is part of the National Health Services System (SNSS)and maintains his relationship with the National Executive through the Ministry of Health. All this under the supervision of the Health Superintendence from the January 1, 2005.
The system of this institution is managed with two modalities:
- Institutional attention: that carried out by the different public health establishments, including hospitals, clinics, rehabilitation centers, therapy, among others.
- Free Choice: which is applied to private health establishments and their professionals, as long as they are linked under agreements with fonasa. Attention is paid through calls Health Care Vouchers, which depend on different levels that vary according to the professional or center that attends. These levels go from 1 to 3, from the least to the most expensive.
The primary functions of fonasa constitute the correct financing of the resources dedicated to health in Chile, so that proper management allows the consolidation of the projects proposed by the Health services and other organizations with connections to the Ministry of Health.
It must, in accordance with the Law No. 16,781fulfill as administrative entity of the Medical Assistance Fund and procure the distribution of the capital used for the care modality of Free Choice.
It is also their duty to ensure the correct distribution of health contributions, supervising and verifying their collection, so that there are no capital leaks.
The most important of its tasks, however, is to ensure that there is access to a quality health system, guiding and regulating the beneficiaries through the professionals and centers that are obliged by law to provide their services.
fonasa has a relationship with the beneficiaries, however, in which they are provided with a Single Health Plan (regardless of your medical conditions or contribution) of a 7% for your taxable income. This works like insurance, ensuring that the needs of beneficiaries and workers are met in practice through equitable distribution.
This insurance applies to all affiliated entities or professionals, and in some cases other beneficiaries, such as dependents.
Qualify as affiliates:
- All dependent and independent workers.
- The pensioners.
- Those who quote their forecast at legal levels.
- Those who receive unemployment or severance benefits.
- The holders of the Basic Solidarity Pension (PBS) for Disability and Old Age.
Qualify as beneficiaries:
- All the beneficiaries of the Family Subsidy (SUF).
- Family dependents who are pregnant and children under six years of age (the latter have benefits for their medical check-ups that you can find out through the programs of the Ministry of Healthsuch as vaccination, among others).
- Those without resources.
- The holders of Household allowance for being dependent workers or pensioners or the family responsibilities that cause them.
- The people who participate in the Reparation Program and Comprehensive Assistance in Health and Rights (PRAIS).
- Native and foreign citizens who have international agreements that include pensioners in charge of contributions and their groups or family responsibilities.
- Foreigners in refugee status by different international agreements.
- Health system officials.
What services do you offer?
The main services are the well-known Fonasa Health Care Voucherswhich give you access to consultations or medical processes carried out by any professional or medical center with an agreement or of a public nature.
The benefits of this service are the following:
- Total or partial coverage of the health plan.
- Ambulatory and hospital care of free choice for the insured belonging to the sections B, C and Dso that they can be attended by professionals or private health centers that have agreements with fonasa.
- A special benefit for seniors who receive the Basic Solidarity Pension (PBS).
- public attention 100% coverage for those insured by fonasa in all health operations for children, adolescents, women and the elderly.
- coverage of a 100% for the delivery of medicines in accordance with the National Drug Formulary.
- Periodic medical evaluations covered in a 100% for all insured.
- Consultations, diagnoses, examinations, therapies or surgical interventions carried out by specialists in each covered area (depending on the section), with the possibility of being referred to a specialized health center or hospital.
- Coverage that depends exclusively on the section for emergency care due to vital risk or serious functional sequelae.
- Guarantees for 80 priority treatments understood by the Universal Access with Explicit Guarantees (AUGE).
- coverage of a 100% For those insured who enter the program 12 complex benefits just after being indicated by a specialist doctor.
- Coverage of the so-called specific special programs: high-cost drugs, assisted fertilization, intrafamily violence, mental health, and agreements for prioritized groups.
- Call coverage Payment Associated with a Diagnosiswhere the expenses of a care process from start to finish are included, knowing the value in advance.
The divisions of the «sections» (A, B, C and D), are taken as follows:
- Section A: when the member lacks resources, they are beneficiaries of the Assistance Pension (PASIS) or causing a Family allowance. For this group, care is completely free, but it does not have the benefit of the modality of Free Choice.
- Section B: when the affiliate maintains income less than a minimum monthly salary. For these individuals, free care is provided, and they can opt for the modality of free choice in its levels 1, 2 and 3.
- Section C: when the affiliate receives as a monthly salary between 1 and 1.46 SMM without exceeding two legal charges, or more than 1.46 SMM accompanied by 3 or more legal charges. This group is responsible for paying the 10% of the attention service among those already mentioned, but it has the modality of free choice in its levels 1, 2 and 3.
- Section D: when the affiliate receives more than 1.46 SMM without exceeding two legal charges. These individuals are responsible for paying the twenty% of care provided in public and private centers, but have access to the modality of Free Choice in its levels 1, 2 and 3.
What is this certificate for?
The Fonasa certificate It serves to prove that an individual is affiliated with the National Health Fund, as a representative of the public health system, contrary to the private sector, represented by theace Social Security Institutions (ISAPRES).
This allows us to demonstrate before a public health entity (or private, that it may have an agreement with this institution of the Condition) that the bonds of fonasa They cover our financial expenses in any type of situation that warrants a visit to a care center, whether it is a consultation or an emergency.
How to get it?
fonasa has established two ways for users to access their certificate of accreditation of affiliation with Fonasaand these are via online or traveling to an office of this institution or Chile Attends.
Both will allow you to acquire your Fonasa certificate immediately, and therefore you can enjoy the benefits almost automatically.
The only requirements you need to get your Fonasa certificate is the number of your ID card or current identification document, to know your Unique Tax Role (RUT), And that’s it, you can access the service at the end of the process.
All this process is carried out with two simple and fast processes, so choosing any of these options is convenient and highly recommended.
- Enter the website of National Health Fund (Fonasa) through this link.
- Give your RUT number without points and with a hyphen and the number of your identity document.
- Pass the bot identification test, to be able to “enter data”.
- Ready! Your Fonasa certificate appears on the screen and at the moment you are given the option to download it, print it, or both.
- Take your data written down or have your documents at hand, so that you do not forget the two necessary elements for this process.
- come to one dChileAtiende delegation or of fonasa.
- Talk to the person in charge of attending the reason for your appointment, which is not if not to request your certificate of affiliation to Fonasa.
- Show your valid identity document, just to be sure.
- What else do you want? You finished the process. At that moment they must give you your Fonasa certificate ready to be used.
Who can join?
Those insured by fonasa and their dependents can join the service offered by this public entity, regardless of the income bracket to which they belong.
See that, mainly, dependent and independent workers, pensioners, and people who fall into the special categories mentioned above, can now have free access (or almost free) the public health system and part of the private sector.
The Condition created a service four decades ago that allows you to have the benefits of a reliable and quality public -and sometimes private- health system, all through the key that is your Fonasa certificate.
Therefore, as long as you meet the conditions that we listed and comply with the processes, you will have no problem covering the insane expenses that what could end up being a simple cold brings you.
Tell us What are you waiting for then to get it?
Related articles that may interest you