The Rut account It is currently used by Chileans and foreigners who do not have the option of having a checking account because they are not «banked». The card is presented as an alternative to expedite tasks such as making deposits, transfers, online purchases and paying basic bills, Of course, it has a maximum available balance of 3 million pesos.
To obtain the account you must go to Banco Estado or simply fill out a form at through their website. There is no opening or maintenance cost; It is aimed at people over 12 years old women and 14 years old men. You must bear in mind that each withdrawal from your account has associated costs and to this is added the innumerable claims it has.
Requirements to open RUT Account
- Being a Natural Person
- Have a valid National Identity Card (Not blocked or expired)
- Be over 12 years old for women and 14 years old for men. For those over these ages, but under 18 years of age, the request must be made by the father or mother, registered as such in the Civil Registry, only online
- Not having an already valid RUT Account.
- Have a valid RUT according to the Civil Registry.
- If you requested your RUT Account online, you can withdraw it immediately at the ServiEstado or BancoEstado branch closest to your home. You have a period of 45 days from when you requested it.
Documents to open RUT Account
- Have your valid Identity Card on hand (not blocked or expired).
- Not having a valid RUT Account.
- For minors, the request must be made by the Father or the Mother, registered as such in the Civil Registry. If you are a woman you must be over 12 years old and if you are a man over 14 years old.
- Once your application is submitted, Introduce yourself at the ServiEstado or BancoEstado branchsuggested at the time of making the request and you will be able to withdraw your card.
- To carry out on the internet: Fund Transfers, Pay your Bills, Load Bip, see your Balance, etc. When withdrawing your RUT Account at the Branch you must register your signature and request your Clave Transfer Card (coordinate card).
Steps to open a RUT account at Banco del Estado
To create the RUT account of State Bank you must follow the Steps following:
- Enter the website of State Bank
- Go to Products and then to Rut account
- Click on «Request“
- Enter your RUTyour serial number or Cedula document, check the Captcha and click on “Continue“
- In the next window that appears you will add the data related to:
- Your private address
- Contact information
- After continuing, you will download the contract. We recommend that you read the clauses carefully and consult anything you do not understand.
- After reading the contract, click on “Continue“. The page will indicate the available branches where you can go to withdraw your rut account. You must make sure that you receive a confirmation email that the process has been carried out correctly.
- Once your application has been submitted, go to the branch ServiEstado or BancoEstado suggested at the time of making the request and you will be able to withdraw your card.
What is a RUT Account?
The rut account of State Bank It is a sight account that allows you to deposit, pay and transfer. The Account number is your RUT without Verification Digit. It is not a credit card, you can use it with a Card, at ATMs, CajaVecina and stores associated with Redcompra, over the Internet or by telephone.
- With your CuentaRUT you can deposit, pay or transfer money, as well as withdraw and buy as long as you have an available balance.
- You can use it with a Card in Merchants associated with Redcompra, CajaVecina, ATMs, as well as over the Internet or Telephone Service.
- The Account number is your RUT without Verification Digit (the number that goes after the hyphen).
- You can deposit (ATMs and mailboxes only collect money in cash and checks. Coins cannot go) through ATMs, mailboxes, Cajavecina, Servistado or through ATM service. In the case of deposits through manual ATMs, you only have to verbally deliver your Rut and the amount to deposit plus the money or check. Once the deposit is made, the cashier will deliver a receipt of the transaction made.
- It is used through a bank debit card (drafts and purchases).
- In the case of transfers, you must request a security card from the bank that has coordinates and is unique to your Rut. For this, your signature must already be registered.
- Serves at ATMs, Cajavecina, Redcompra, Internet and telephone service (related to bank transactions of Cuenta Rut).
- To use it, it must be activated through ATMs, Cajavecina, Internet or telephone service.
- You can request it by filling out the form in person at any Banco Estado branch or you can fill out the application form over the Internet.
- The card will arrive at your address by postal mail or you can pick it up at the branch where the form was delivered in person.
- He does not use and does not have checks (he does not have a checkbook).
- The account number is your Rut without the check digit (the number or letter that goes after the hyphen).
- It has a Chip for use in public transport. You can use it as a means of payment for the transantiago, without additional commission. Please remember to charge the chip before using it.
- You can ask for change when you make your purchases with the card through Redcompra.
- Pay your bills using PAC (automatic bill pay).
- Pay your credit products and credit cards from Banco Estado through PAC.
- Settle your taxes online.
- You can transfer money to another person who has a Rut Account. You can also do it to other accounts of Banco Estado or other Banks.
- Create a password known only to you (one for ATMs and another for transfers and the Internet) and you will access the ATMs through the card that you will be given, and you will be able to make deposits at State Banks, and money orders at any ATM in the country.
- Easy to get, no income or business history requirements (if you have a negative business history, you can still open it).
- You do not pay a commission for opening or maintaining the account.
- You do not pay stamp and stamp taxes for drafts or transfers.
- It is a personal account (there are no two-person or additional cards).
- You must personally identify yourself at BancoEstado once you receive the card and register your signature. With this you will go from level 1 to 2 (it has more benefits in terms of limits to operate your account. In the case of level 1, the maximum balance you can have in the account is $500,000.- and you cannot deposit more than $300,000. – per month. In the case of level 2, it is without limits).
- You can have your account for a maximum of two years without carrying a balance.
- Make your purchases without commission per transaction through Redcompra in all affiliated stores. For this you must use the same password as the ATMs.
- Allows deposits (deposit, pay and transfer).
- You must have a balance to be able to turn, buy or transfer. For the same reason it is impossible for it to be overdrawn, since it is not a credit. Only the money you have deposited or transferred to you is used.
- Allows spins (spin, buy or transfer).
- It is not a credit card, it is not a checking account, and it is not a savings account. It does not generate interest.
- you have the possibility to know your balances or movements through the Internet or telephone without additional costs for you (no maintenance is charged for the account or costs for your consultation by these two means).
- You can withdraw up to the amount available in your account (the balance minus the ATM commission for use or the transfer commission). You can do it in bank tellers or ATMs (ATMs have a maximum security limit of $200,000.- per day for the same card). You can also make transfers to other accounts.
RUT Account Card
How to activate RUT Account?
- Enter your RUT and Password to Online Banking.
- Fill in the fields indicated by the arrows.
- Once accepted, answer the questions that are requested.
- Finally, the congratulations page will appear, assuming that your account is already active.
Can it be a BiPersonal account?
No, the maximum balance that can be maintained is $3 million pesos.
Can my children have access to my Rut Account?
For minors, the request must be made by the Father or the Mother, registered as such in the Civil Registry. If you are a woman you must be over 12 years old and if you are a man over 14 years old.
Related articles that may interest you