The Fonasa is an organization that is responsible for providing a benefit for people at some point in their life, in short, the Fonasa medical and retirement insurance very useful for people. To benefit from Fonasa you must have requirements to enroll in Fonasa
Requirements to enroll in Fonasa
As the beneficiaries of Fonasa A vary according to the conditions in which people find themselves, here you can see the requirements to enroll in Fonasa that each one needs according to their condition.
Dependent worker with a fixed or indefinite term contract:
People who are dependent jobs must have these requirements to enroll in Fonasa
- Last list of INP-AFP quotes.
- Photocopy of the employment contract
- Identity card
- Certificate for obtaining a complete health credential signed by the holder and the employer.
- Document that proves the right to family allowance for their legal burdens (includes children under 18 and up to 24 years as long as they study) and issued by the INP or Compensation Fund, if applicable.
- Disenrollment letter from the isapre, if applicable: FUN type 2 and 7 disenrollment form for legal charges.
The requirements to enroll in Fonasa if the worker is independent:
- Quote for forecasting and health for the last month.
- Photocopy of 5 pension payments corresponding to the period of the last 12 months prior to enrollment.
- Identity card.
- Certificate for obtaining a complete Health Credential and signed by the holder.
- Simple affidavit that the spouse and children do not receive income and that they live at their expense.
- Book or Marriage certificate or birth certificates to prove their legal charges (includes children under 18 years and up to 24 years as long as they study) for which you must present a regular student certificate.
- Disenrollment letter from Isapre, if applicable: FUN type 2 and type 7 disenrollment form for legal charges.
Contract for days or for a specific work or task:
Those hired for days, works or tasks must have these requirements to enroll in Fonasa
- Photocopy of the INP-AFP contribution sheet.
- Photocopy of the employment contract either “for days” (shifts or days) or for completed work or task.
- Identity card.
- Certificate for obtaining a complete Health Credential signed by the holder and the employer.
- Document that proves the right to family allowance of their legal burdens (includes children under 18 years of age and up to 24 years as long as they study) issued by the INP or Compensation Fund, if applicable.
Pensioners need these requirements to enroll in Fonasa
- Last pension payment stub.
- Identity card.
- Certificate for obtaining the Health Credential, duly filled out by the entity paying the pension.
- Document that proves the right to family allowance of their legal burdens (includes children from 18 years to 24 years, provided they study) issued by the INP or Compensation Fund, if applicable.
- Disenrollment letter from Isapre: if applicable: Disenrollment form FUN type 2 and type 7 for legal charges.
The unemployed workers with these requirements to enroll in Fonasa, will enjoy the Fonasa benefit
- Proof of the last severance pay or unemployment insurance payment.
- Identity card.
- Certificate for Obtaining a complete Health Credential, signed by the holder.
- Disenrollment letter from Isapre, if applicable: Disenrollment form FUN type 2 and type 7 for legal charges.
Modalities of Inscription in Fonasa
There are two ways to register for Fonasa to register for the benefits of this national health fund.
- If you use the Institutional Care Modality, the payment that must be made will depend on the income group in which it is classified (groups B, C or D). The value of primary care office care is free.
- If you use the Free Choice Modality, the value of the care will depend on the level of registration of the health professional or institution in agreement with FONASA.
Lacking resources section A:
- Your accreditation is carried out in the office where you are registered using the forms provided for such purposes.
Unique Family Subsidy (SUF):
- Those who benefit from this subsidy are accredited and automatically registered in the Fonasa database (section A). If this does not happen, the person must present the following documentation at any of the branches:
Original and current identity card.
• Lack of resources classification form, which can be requested at the nearest health facility.
• Last payment stub of the Unique Family Subsidy.
Basic Solidarity Pension (PBS) for Disability and Old Age:
- Those who receive a Basic Solidarity Pension will be credited and registered in the Fonasa database, automatically, in section B. If this does not happen, the person must present the following documentation at any branch:
Basic insured form, which can be filled out at the branch.
• Original identity card.
• Last payment stub of the Basic Solidarity Pension.
Pregnant women and children up to six years:
- Membership in Fonasa for pregnant women and children (up to six years of age) becomes effective when they register at the office corresponding to their home, a process that allows access to medical care free of charge.
Program for Reparation and Comprehensive Help in Health and Rights (PRAIS):
- The beneficiaries will be classified in Fonasa, centrally, without affecting their provisional status. That is, they will continue with their tranche, according to their income. The requested documentation will be in accordance with your status as a dependent, independent, retired or lacking resources worker.
What is Fonasa?
The National Health Fund (Fonasa) is a public service, with legal personality and its own assets.
It is the public financial entity in charge of collecting, administering and distributing state money destined for health, in accordance with the policies, plans and norms that for these purposes determine the Ministry of Health, an organism on which it depends, through the Undersecretary of Health. Public, in the normative and health policy aspects, while in relation to the rights of the beneficiaries, especially the Scheme of Explicit Guarantees in Health, it is regulated by the Superintendency of Health.
Fonasa operates with a pay-as-you-go system, where all contributory beneficiaries contribute 7% of their taxable income and access a Single Health Plan, independent of the contribution and health conditions of contributors.
This solidarity insurance system is organized on the basis of a mandatory contribution proportional to the income made by active workers, with which a fund is formed, where solidarity prevails in distribution, according to needs.
The branches of Fonasa in Chile exist several branches of which 7 are main offices and have an opening hours from 8:40 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., in addition each main branch has several offices in each state in Chilean territory throughout the country
Registration cost in Fonasa
It has no cost
How long does the registration in Fonasa last?
Registration lasts as long as it can take you to fill out the forms on the page and after you have sent the application you must wait 24 hours for an email to arrive to know if it is approved or not
Background of the beneficiaries of Fonasa
To verify the background information provided by the future beneficiary, Fonasa may additionally request the following:
- To verify the signature: a photocopy of your Identity Card or Driver’s License; and in the case of foreigners, the passport.
- To certify the identity and RUT of its beneficiaries: The Identity Card, Driver’s License, a photocopy of the Family Book or a Birth Certificate may be used.
- To verify the income or taxable remuneration of the dependent active worker, including those hired for shifts or days, work or work, independent worker or pensioner: a photocopy of the last payment of remuneration or pensions; o a photocopy of the employment contract; or a photocopy of the last payroll for contributions to the AFP or INP; or a certificate of income issued by your employer.
- To check if a person is a unemployed worker: Photocopy of the payment of the unemployment benefit granted by the municipality of the commune according to your address.
- To confirm the Health Institution of origin and its disaffiliation, in the case of affiliates to the isapres: a copy of the disenrollment letter or a photocopy of the Unique Notification Form (FUN) type 2.
- Click on “go to online procedure” on the Fonasa page.
- Once on the institution’s website, write your RUN, your ID serial number, and captcha code, and click on “enter”.
- Indicate if you have dependents (and how many) and your date of birth, and click on “enter”.
- Review and complete the information in the application form.
- Attach the required documents. (When selecting a type of insured, a list will be displayed with the information that you must attach).
- If you have family dependents, enter them on the same form, attaching your loading authorization, delivered by IPS or by the compensation fund (if your company is attached to one of them), and click “send”.
- As a result of the process, you will have requested membership, the response of which can be obtained by email within a maximum period of 24 business hours.
Does a Fonasa member lose benefits if their employment contract is terminated?
No, after a term of employment, the member may continue with the benefits of Fonasa, as long as they provide the information that shows that they have a Unemployment Subsidy and / or unemployment insurance.
Unemployed people who receive a Unemployment Subsidy, can access, together with their charges, the benefits of Fonasa through two Modalities of Attention: Free Choice Modality and Institutional Modality.
In the case of the Unemployed who do not receive a Unemployment Insurance or Unemployment Subsidy, they will be able to access, together with their charges, the benefits of FONASA through the Institutional Modality (Public Establishments, in common room), presenting the Health Credential granted by Fonasa or your Gratuity card if it is still valid, before the Healthcare Establishment
Difference between Isapre and Fonasa
The National Health Fund, Fonasa, is a public body in charge of providing health care coverage. The Health Institution Isaopre they are private health insurers.
Can I be affiliated with Isapre and Fonasa at the same time?
Can not to be affiliated with a Isapre and to Fonasa simultaneously, since only one of them must be listed. A Isapre must adopt all measures aimed at avoiding double affiliation, either between the Isapre and the Fonasa, or, between two or more Isapres.
We hope you follow the steps and Requirements to enroll in Fonasa.
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar