The visa is a conditioned authorization that a country grants to a foreign citizen who wishes to reside or visit in another Nation that is not of their origin, the visas act as a norm to legalize the entry or stay of people in a country where they do not have nationality or free transit.
The visa is a document that is attached to the passport by the authorities to indicate that the document has been verified and considered valid for people entering and leaving one nation to another.
Requirements for a definitive Chilean visa
Requesting the definitive stay in Chile seems to be complicated, but in reality you will only have to follow each step in detail and you will see the effectiveness of it.
The definitive stay must be requested 90 days before your temporary visa expires.
Here the following requirements:
- Photocopy of the current employment contract of the previous ones signed by the applicant
- Certificate of validity of contract (original)
- Photocopy of settlements of previous contracts
- Historical certificate of AFP and health contributions
- Criminal record certificate for special reasons
- A 3 × 2 cm color photo
- Unique registration certificate (original and copy)
- Copy of the passport specifically where the visa and personal data are attached
- Copy of RUT
- Explanatory letter why you are requesting residency
- Fill out the definitive visa application form
Documents to consign Chilean visa
- VERIFY THAT YOU HAVE A VALID VISA AND TERM COMPLETED
To obtain a Definitive Stay in Chile, you must meet one of the following conditions:
- 2 years of Visa Subject to Contract
- 1 year Temporary Visa
- 2 Years of Student Visa and respective title obtained in Chile
- Official Visa (at least one year if it is administrative)
- LEARN ABOUT THE REQUIREMENTS Check the situation for your particular case, according to your visas, ties and activity.
- COLLECT NECESSARY BACKGROUND Meet all the requirements established for your case. The more complete the application is submitted, the faster it will be processed.
You will probably have to go to other public institutions and the consulate of your country. Each institution works with its own deadlines and it is important that you consider them.
- SEND YOUR REQUEST
The application for Definitive Permanence is presented only within the last 90 days of validity of your visa. You must send it with all the requirements, in a single envelope, by certified mail, to the central post of Santiago
- ENTRY OF THE APPLICATION TO THE COMPUTER SYSTEM
Once the request is received, it will be entered into the computer system, a process that takes approximately 45 business days.
The following documentation will be sent to your address by post:
- Copy of the Final Permanence Request in Process
- Letter indicating steps to follow.
Additional background information may be required
- Money order to pay at any commercial bank (except the spouses of Chileans and minors, for whom the procedure has no cost)
- After the aforementioned period, you can also download this information directly by entering Check the Status of Procedures online
- PAY THE FEE You must concur with the draft order (step 5) to pay any commercial bank or Serviestado. You can also download the payment order by going to Check the Status of Procedures online.
- SEND ADDITIONAL BACKGROUND REQUESTED If additional information is requested in the letter (step 5), you must send them in a single envelope, addressed to: “Messrs. Definitive Permanence, Classifier No. 8, Correo Central, Santiago «, attaching a copy of the letter you received
- ANALYSIS AND RESOLUTION OF YOUR APPLICATION With the information provided, your request will be analyzed and resolved. It is your responsibility to provide all the requested documentation. Otherwise, your application could be rejected.
- NOTIFICATION OF THE STATUS OF YOUR PROCESSING (Request Resolution) The resolution of your request will be communicated to your address by postal mail, text message on your cell phone (SMS) and you can download it directly by entering to Check the Status of Procedures online.
- GET CLOSE TO WITHDRAWING YOUR CERTIFICATE OF DEFINITIVE PERMANENCE
If your application is approved, you must go to the office corresponding to your address in order to collect your Certificate of Definitive Permanence. Reserve hours of attention by entering Reservation of hours online if your office has this service
- REGISTER YOUR DEFINITIVE STAY IN THE INVESTIGATION POLICE
You have 30 days to do so after having withdrawn your Certificate of Definitive Permanence. It is not mandatory for minors, but it is advisable to do so. Check where the nearest office is located by entering the PDI website
- GET YOUR IDENTITY CARD
Go to the Civil Registry and request your identity card. It is not mandatory for minors, but it is advisable to do so.
Steps to process a definitive Chilean visa
- Check that you have a valid visa and the term has expired
- You must be informed of the requested requirements
- Gather necessary background
- Submit your request
- Request entry to the computer system
- Pay the corresponding tax units or the value of the visa.
- Submit any additional information requested
- Analysis and resolution of your request
- Notification of the status of your process (application resolution)
- Come to make the withdrawal of your certificate of permanent permanence.
- I made the registration of your certificate of permanent permanence in the investigation police
- Get your identity card
How long does the final visa approval process take?
The Department of Immigration and Migration, as a consequence of the high demands for visas that in recent years has been created with the arrival of millions of foreigners, is currently not granting visas in a short time.
Now applicants must Make all the requested collections and after being delivered to Immigration and Migration, you must wait a period of approximately nine months (9) or one year for the final visa approval.
Deadline and cost of application for a Chilean definitive visa
The Department of Immigration and Migration has presented important increases with the prices of the definitive visa application in Chile. Especially for the countries, Bolivia and Peru.
The most requested visas are by Bolivarian citizens and are the ones that represent the greatest increase for which the amount of US $ 283 must be paid. The term of these visas is one year and can be extended for two.
The definitive visa in this country must be requested, if it is approved, it will have a validity of five years.
What to do if the definitive visa is granted?
When the visa is granted, you will be able to benefit from all the rights that are offered to citizens residing in the country, You can legally work in a company, study, earn a fair salary, these are just one of the many benefits that you can fully enjoy with the permanent visa.
How long can you leave Chile without losing your final visa?
So that this does not happen to you, you must stay for an uninterrupted year without leaving the country, after this short period the definitive stay is revoked within 60 days before its expiration date, you can request an extension at the Chilean consulates located abroad of one year in the validity of its definitive permanence.
Chilean definitive visa benefits
Those people who reside in the country with their definitive visa and work contract, once its approval and the benefits offered by the country to all its residents are verified, may also be a benefit to those foreigners authorized to stay in the country, since With the International Social Security agreements, they will be able to choose to enjoy health services and among others.
These Multilateral Ibero-American Social Security Agreement, benefits people subscribed to the security system of any of the signatory states and their beneficiaries. It is currently ratified by Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, Spain, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay and El Salvador. Neither Haiti nor Venezuela is found in these agreements.
If my visa is denied, how do I request reconsideration?
In the event that your requested visa is denied, you must choose to request a consideration which must be accompanied by request for reconsideration of definitive permanence, it must be completed in full with your data and signature.
Too must deliver the new background in which a review of what is resolved by the authority is allowed, personal letter that indicates the reasons why the applicant wishes to reconsider the measure of rejection of his application for definitive permanence. Copy of the resolution exempt from rejection of your request for Definitive Permanence and the Notification Letter.
THE REQUEST FOR DEFINITIVE PERMANENCE REFUSAL MUST BE SENT BY MAIL WITHIN THREE DAYS FOLLOWING ITS NOTIFICATION according to Art. 142 bis of the Immigration Regulations.
What does it mean to have a definitive visa in Chile?
Achieving a definitive visa implies that you will be able to reside indefinitely throughout the territory of the Republic of Chile, and you will also be able to carry out any legal activity within the country. Where you must comply with the laws, rules, statutes and regulations.
Following all the points shared in this article, you will be able to carry out all the processing that the application for the definitive visa requires.
Related articles that may interest you