Request Professional Card, It is one of the simplest, most practical and necessary procedures in various and numerous careers for the legal exercise of the profession in the national territory. It is issued in entities created by law.
For this reason, in this article we dedicate ourselves to explaining in depth: what is the Professional Card, who issues said card, what are the professional careers that need this card, the requirements to apply, how to carry it out, and we conclude with some aspects to take into account.
What is the Professional Card?
Now, let’s start this article by offering a brief definition about the Professional card. And it is that, it is nothing more than a necessary document in certain careers for the legal exercise of the profession in the national territory.
This document is in charge of proving that an individual has the necessary skills to perform in the field studied.
Also, we should mention an important aspect. And it is that, the Professional Card, is issued in entities created by law and in most cases, they are also in charge of controlling and monitoring the exercise of a specific profession.
In the Colombian territory, there are some professions that need an accreditation to be able to practice, which is known as Professional Card in Colombia. It is an obligation for both the private sector and the public sector.
For its part, the registration process is carried out as an administrative act to authorize on behalf of the state to practice a profession. As a result, the Professional Card is a professional document that certifies a citizen to exercise his career.
The Professional Card certifies that a person has the suitability and adequate or appropriate training to perform tasks in the area. Likewise, these accredited professions are classified as social risk professions.
To conclude, it is up to us to mention that this type of registration is expressed from the political constitution. Where, in article 26, it is established that there must be competent authorities to monitor and inspect professional practice.
What is the Professional Card for?
Well, as we have explained in the previous point, this card is issued through various Professional Councils. They are the ones in charge of validating the information presented by the applicant for the Professional Card.
Therefore, the person who has completed his professional studies and has obtained his degree, must make an appearance before this union. In it, your university training and professional suitability will be validated.
Currently, in the Colombian territory, there are approximately 800 professions that require union accreditation. In addition, there are 15 institutions in charge of accrediting these specialties.
Who Issues the Professional Card?
In Colombia, every individual is free to select a profession or trade. Nevertheless, there are specific rules which represent an exception to the constitutional norm and regulate the exercise of the different professions with the possibility of requiring for their exercise: licenses, business cards or registrations.
Also, State entities They have the authority to establish as the main requirement to exercise a public office, licenses, plates, records or professional cards. This, in order to prove that the title has been obtained correctly. Attentive!
- National Professional Council of Engineering -COPNIA-. It guarantees the proper exercise of Engineering and auxiliary professions.
- National Professional Council of Technologists -CONALTEL-. It guarantees the adequate exercise of the Technologists of the Electricity sector.
- Central Board of Accountants. It guarantees the proper exercise of Public Accounting and Legal Entities that provide accounting services.
- ACIEM. This is the guild of Colombian Engineering. It works based on the updating and technical training of professionals.
On the other hand, it is important to highlight a relevant and interesting point regarding Professional Cards. And, there are various areas considered as trades that involve social repercussions with a collective risk, which is why this document is required. They are:
- Professionals in the Health area.
- Occupational Health and Safety Services.
- Exercise of the Legal Profession.
- Collegiate Nursing Organization.
- Colombian College of Psychologists.
- National Council for International and Related Professions.
- Professional Council of Chemical Engineering of Colombia.
- Among others.
What Careers Need a Card?
Now, it is important to know that there are various professional careers in the national territory that need to apply for the Professional Card. For this reason, we will mention only a few of them below. Pay attention to the following listing:
This is a collegiate entity. AND, it is commonly known as -OCE-. Few of those careers that require compulsory registration by this entity. However, it is essential to make them known, and they are:
- Professions related to Nursing.
- Nursing assistants.
Well, this entity, also known as -COLPSIC-, issues the Professional Card for psychologists. In addition, a relevant aspect about this type of issuance is that it can currently be processed virtually, that is, through the Internet.
Known in the national territory by its acronym -COPNIA-, it is an entity where the largest number of Engineering in the country are enrolled. Likewise, technological professions and those related that are related to said professions are included.
On the other hand, this entity also known as -CNPIA-, is in charge of validating the information of the professional careers carried out abroad. They can be done by both nationals and foreigners.
- International relations.
- Government and International Relations.
- Finances and international relations.
- Foreign trade.
- International Economic Relations.
- International Trade.
- Administration in International Business.
- International Trade and Finance.
- Finance and foreign trade.
Likewise, this entity, also known as -CPIQ-, is in charge of registering all chemical professionals and those who are related or related to this career. To know more information about the procedure to be carried out, it corresponds to you click here.
Finally, it is up to us to clarify an important aspect. And, this is an entity that certifies a large number of engineering professionals. Here, it includes: Aeronautical Engineering, Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering, among many others.
Requirements for the Application
Generally, to obtain any type of document, entities or organizations require or require certain documentation, in addition to the fulfillment of some steps. Applying for the Professional Card is no exception.
But, there is no need to worry, because below we will list the demanded requirements. However, we must mention that the first requirement to start the process is that the applicant is properly titled.
Likewise, it is important to note that the documentation and the requirements requested to enroll may vary. And, all this will depend on the professions and the respective guilds. Although, there are only 5 (five) requirements in common to Apply for the Professional Card, these are:
- Job title. It must be approved by the National Government.
- Photocopy of your Identity Document. In this case, the shape of the copy will vary.
- The title must be previously registered with the competent entity.
- Photography of the Professional. In this case, the background and size characteristics will also vary.
- Payment of the procedure. In some cases it is free, but in others, you must pay a certain fee.
How to Apply for the Card?
Now, to give continuity to this article, it is up to us to explain in detail how to carry out or how to apply for the Professional Card correctly. Likewise, it is convenient to clarify that said request, steps and requirements will depend on the profession.
- The professional must have the requirements previously explained.
- Then, it is up to you to attach them digitally.
- Among those requirements, the Degree Certificate is included.
- Then, you must enter the official website of COPNIA and complete the form.
- Finally, make the payment of the procedure.
- You must complete the digital form found on the official website of the Professional Council.
- Then, it is your responsibility to digitally upload the requirements explained above.
- If the professional is a foreigner, he must accompany his documents with the validation.
- Finally, you must pay the registration fee in the name of ACIEM.
- First, you must complete the digital form found on the official CPIQ web portal.
- If you are already a graduate or a foreigner, you must apply the Application for Professional Enrollment in Chemical Engineering for Graduates.
- Subsequently, it is your responsibility to digitally upload the requirements explained above.
Aspects to consider
In another vein, and to end this article, it is up to us to mention through a brief list of certain and diverse characteristics of this particular type of card. Therefore, we invite you not only to continue but to finish with the reading.
- The Professional Card is loaded into the SIMO application through the menu: Other Documents.
- Likewise, this card can be replaced by certification issued by the authorized body.
- The Professional Card, by itself, excludes the presentation of other documentation for the accreditation of formal education.
- Professional experience will be counted for all professions, except those that are related to the Social Security System.
To end our writing, we invite you to help us share the information.
See you soon!
Related articles that may interest you