Are you a client of Almacenes Éxito and want to know how Apply for the Success Card? Then you are in the right place. Here we are going to tell you how to do it. But we are also going to provide you with information that will allow you to choose the product that best suits you and adapts to your needs.
All the things you can buy are at your fingertips just by requesting the Éxito Card. With it you can make purchases and finance them for up to 48 months. And with responsible credit management, little by little you will increase your credit limit.
Do not stop! Continue reading!
What is Success?
Grupo Éxito has its origins in a family textile company in Medellín, Colombia, founded in 1949 by Gustavo Toro Quintero. This business got its name from the Spanish word for success (Success). And in 1972 it became a hypermarket business and then expanded with more locations.
But the history of the company goes back even further as it also owns the Carulla supermarket chain, which was started in Bogotá by José Carulla Vidal in 1905.
The company went public in Colombia in 1994 and is listed on the Colombian Stock Exchange. In 2011, the company expanded in South America by acquiring Grupo Disco and Grupo Devoto in Uruguay. And in 2015, the company acquired Libertad in Argentina and an 18.8 percent stake in Grupo Pão de Açúcar in Brazil.
At the end of the second quarter of 2018, the company had a total of 1,536 stores in Colombia, Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay. In addition, the company has a real estate business that builds shopping centers such as the Viva Envigado shopping center, which is the largest in Colombia.
And at the end of the third quarter of 2018, the company had a total of 549 stores in Colombia with the Éxito, Carulla, Surtimax, Super Inter and Surti Mayorista brands.
What are Success Cards?
They are financial instruments that allow holders to borrow funds to pay for goods and services with merchants who accept them.. This is provided on the condition that cardholders return the borrowed money, along with interest, before the billing expiration date.
To the Apply for the Success Card You can opt for two types of products: the Éxito card and the Éxito MasterCard card. Both are credit cards, although they have some peculiarities in terms of the benefits they offer. Here are some of its characteristics:
It is a credit card issued by the Tuya financing company, which is an entity supervised by the Financial Superintendency of Colombia. With it you can make purchases without having to have cash. You can also make cash advances when you need it at the checkouts at Grupo Éxito stores.
You can also pay your driving fee when you use it or have outstanding debt. This card allows you to save with discounts every week of the year in Éxito Stores and in more than 54,000 partner stores. Additionally you can:
- Pay your driving fee only when you use it or when you have an outstanding debt.
- Make the payment of your Card and withdraw money in cash at all the Grupo Éxito boxes.
- Defer your purchases from 1 to 48 months.
MasterCard Success Card
This credit card allows you to withdraw cash at all Grupo Éxito cash registers and at ATMs. You can use it to make purchases both nationally and internationally and online. You will also find discounts every week of the year in all Éxito stores. Additionally you can:
- Pay the handling fee only when you use it or have an outstanding balance.
- Make cash advances wherever you want, at Grupo Éxito ATMs or cash registers.
- Earn Colombia Points and enjoy using them in whatever you want.
Requirements to Apply for the Success Card
The requirements for apply for the Success Card they are not different from those that are requested in the banking institutions to grant a credit card. In other words, the approval is subject to the risk analysis carried out by Tuya SA and compliance with the following requirements:
- Submit formal income support indicating that you receive at least 1 SMMLV
- Be of age.
- Be colombian
- Possess original identity card and be in the country at the time of delivery.
For regular employees, the employment letter must indicate the position, time in the company, type of contract, salary and date of issue. People under a service provision contract must be in their second contract and present the withholding certificate at source.
People who are hired by natural persons, must quote in Fosyga or must attach the last payment of the EPS or Certification of the EPS.
How to Apply for the Success Card?
Apply for the Success Card It is very simple, because you can advance the application online. You just have to follow the steps shown below:
- Ingrthat in the Tuya official website.
- Enter your first name and optionally your middle name.
- Enter your first last name and optionally your second last name.
- Indicate the number of your citizenship card.
- Accept the terms and conditions.
- Press the «Start application» button and complete the virtual card application form.
- Go to the Éxito store closest to your residence.
- Locate the office where you can request the success card.
- Deliver the requirements.
- Read and sign the documents you deliver.
- Wait for an answer of when you can receive the card.
Benefits offered Applying for the Success Card
The main benefit of apply for the Success Card is that people who do not have a credit history can do it. However, there are other benefits that you can enjoy with your Exito card:
- Discounts every week and enjoy great promotions at Éxito stores.
- Cash advances for a maximum of $ 800,000 per day at the Éxito stores. These advances can be paid from 1 to 48 installments.
- Cash advances at Carulla cash registers up to a daily amount of $ 800,000 and up to $ 400,000 at Surtimax. Remember that this value will depend on the availability of the boxes. These advances can be paid from 1 to 48 installments.
- Payment of the handling fee only in the months in which you use the card or have debt.
- Selection of the monthly payment of the card fee between five different dates (2, 10 or 17 of each month).
- Financing of purchases up to 48 months.
- Availability in more than 54,000 establishments of allied stores nationwide.
- Per Handling fee: $ 18,600 or $ 20,800 depending on the amount of the Card. Remember that this fee is paid only when the card is used or there are outstanding debts.
- Advance Cost: $ 11,400. Per transaction when cash is withdrawn at the cash registers of the Éxito, Carulla or Surtimax stores.
- Annual Effective Rate: 28.6414%.
- Card Replacement: $ 31,000 if the card is with a chip or $ 14,500 if the card is with a band.
How your line of credit works
Every time you make a purchase, your available credit decreases by that amount. If you have a credit limit of $ 1,000,000 and you make a purchase of $ 800,000, you will have $ 200,000 in available credit. With which, you will owe $ 800,000 to the credit card issuer.
If you also make a cash advance for $ 100,000 before paying the previous consumption, you will owe the issuer a total of $ 900,000. With which you will only have $ 100,000 of credit available. What makes a credit card different from a loan is that your credit limit is available after paying.
You can repeat the process of spending up to your credit limit and repaying the balance as many times as you like, as long as you comply with the terms of the credit card. You can continue to order borrowed against your credit limit over time, which is why credit cards are called revolving accounts or open accounts.
How Credit Card Interest Works
The credit card issuer allows you some time to pay off the full amount you borrowed before they charge you interest.. The period of time before interest is charged is called the grace period, which is generally between 21 and 25 days.
If you don’t cancel your full balance before the grace period ends, a finance charge or fee is added to your balance. The finance charge is based on your interest rate and outstanding balance.
The interest rate is the annual rate you pay to borrow money with your credit card. Interest rates are generally based on market interest rates, your credit history, and the type of credit card you have.
Affiliate Merchants to Use the Success Card
In principle, your Éxito Card can be used at the Éxito, Carulla, Surtimax, Super Inter and Surti Mayorista Stores. However, you also have more than 52,500 partner establishments where you can buy and enjoy some offers. These are some of the establishments:
- Holy Water
- Alberto VO5
- Ballot in Hand
- Burger King
- Cinema Colombia
- Of course
- Skin Laser Clinic
- American Club House
- Fantasy Mattresses
- Crepes & Waffles
- German Drugstore
- La Rebaja Drugstore
- Corral Drugstores
- The Rancherito
- THE A
- Esso Mobil
We hope we have helped you with relevant information not only so that you can Apply for the Éxito Card, but also so that you can use it correctly!
Thanks for reading!
Related articles that may interest you