If you do not know How to recover the key of the DIAN Colombia, you have reached the right article for you. Here we will explain what the DIAN is, what its services are, how to create a user and much more. We invite you to continue reading our article if you want to know everything you need.
It is important that you know that today we need a password for all our platforms, whether for email, bank account, RUT, or for the DIAN’s MUISCA platform. In addition, each system has different requirements to generate the password, so it can be a bit complicated to remember so many different data.
How to recover the key of the DIAN Colombia
Here we leave you the steps to follow to recover your password of access to the Directorate of National Taxes and Customs:
- The first thing to keep in mind is that you must make sure you have an electronic device with Internet access.
- Then you must enter your preferred web browser, be it Google Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer
- You must enter the official web platform of the DIAN
- Once you are on the page, you must locate the online services.
- Next, locate the “Enter” button that is on the screen. Below it, you will find the phrase “Forgot your password?”, proceed to click on it.
- Then they will ask you for some personal information such as your identity document number. We recommend you have it on hand as this is very important information.
- Click on “Recover password”
- In your email associated with the DIAN you will receive all the information to recover your password.
- Click on the link that was sent to you in the email. In case you do not get the email, you can check the Spam folder or the junk mail folder.
- Finally, you can proceed to select a new password.
How to recover the key of the DIAN Colombia: What is the DIAN?
The Directorate of National Taxes and Customs, also known by its acronym DIAN, is an entity that is attached to the Ministry of Finance and Public Credit. This was built as a Special Administrative Unit through Decree 2117 of 1992.
Then, 4 years later, a new restructuring was given through Decree 1071 and the Special Administrative Unit of the National Tax and Customs Directorate (DIAN) was organized. Similarly, for several years thereafter, different structural reforms were given to this entity through decrees.
this institution It was created to guarantee the fiscal security of the Colombian State and the protection of national public and economic order. This through the administration and control of compliance with tax, customs and exchange obligations. As well as, the administration expenses of the games of luck and chance that are exploited by national public entities, and the facilitation of operations related to foreign trade in conditions of transparency and legality.
In a few words, it can be affirmed that this entity generates a high level of compliance with tax, customs and foreign exchange obligations, supporting the financial sustainability of the nation and promoting national economic competitiveness. They seek to do this by applying the best practices in their institutional actions.
How to recover the key of the DIAN Colombia: What services does the DIAN offer?
The DIAN is in the process of keeping its platform more updated to provide a better service to its users.for which they have made available many procedures related to the Single Tax Registry (RUT) that can be carried out completely online.
Filing of documents:
Through this service you can process the forms virtually. You have the possibility to enter data and figures in the corresponding boxes and you have the help depending on the box.
Likewise, you can control the entry of invalid figures and operations such as negative figures, errors and totals, with the possibility of saving them temporarily.
Some of these documents are:
- Registration form.
- Update Form.
- Creation of a Special Request.
Virtual presentation of documents:
This service will allows compliance with the legal duty to declare virtually, fill out the form completely, sign said document digitally and submit it electronically to the DIAN. You can do this from the portal of said institution in a simple and secure way, using the digital certificate signature mechanism.
Presentation of Information by sending files (exogenous):
This service allows the user to submit all the information electronically to the DIAN. This must be in XML files, which can be generated by the user himself through the internal systems of his company or through the use of the «Data Prevalidator for Presentation of Information by Sending Files».
This is an electronic mechanism established by the DIAN that Its purpose is to facilitate the electronic presentation of different documents with a digital signature backed by a digital certificate..
This replaces the autograph signature in those documents inherent to the procedures that have been carried out through such mechanisms by natural persons acting on their own behalf or representing another natural or legal person.
Single Tax Registry (RUT)
The Directorate of National Taxes and Customs offers the service of the Single Tax Registry, which constitutes the unique mechanism to identify and classify persons and entities that have the quality of taxpayers declaring Income Tax. As well as those responsible for the common regime, those who belong to the simplified regime, withholding agents, importers, exporters and other customs users or subjects of obligations administered by the DIAN.
How to recover the password of the DIAN Colombia: How to create a user in the DIAN
- Go to the official website of MUISCA
- Once there, you will be allowed to create a user account with MUISCA as a Natural Person
- For this you must specify your NIT in the corresponding box
- Enter your most recent RUT number in the indicated section
- Then the system will create your user account
- Finally, you must enable your account from the page menu.
What is the DIAN account statement
The DIAN Account Statement allows all its users to be up to date with their tax obligations. This is why if you want to know the amount of your debt, the date corresponding to the payment, the status of your RUT and the movements you have made with respect to these, then it is clear that you need to enter the official website of the Tax Directorate and National Customs.
How to print the DIAN account statement
- The first thing you should do is find an electronic device with Internet access.
- Go to your preferred web browser.
- Then go to the official website of the DIAN.
- Next, go to the Web Portals section, click on “Transactional” and then on “Registered User”
- Enter the requested data into the system: Name and Surname, document number and password.
- Once you have entered the portal, go to Favorites and select the option «Consult: Information reported by third parties».
- After this, a «Conditions for the Acceptance of Reported Information» tab will open, so you must click on «Accept» and select the year you wish to consult.
- Next, you must click on the «Consult» button and the DIAN report will be saved on your device as an Excel file.
- To print it from that program, you just have to go to “File” and select the “Print” option.
How to recover the key of the DIAN Colombia: What is the RUT
The Single Tax Roll, also known under its acronym RUT, is the unique tax identification number. It is a mandatory document for all people who are taxpayers in Colombia, since thanks to it the entities or people who file income, income and wealth tax are identified and classified.
Requirements to process the RUT
- You must have all your contact information such as address, telephone, place of residence, email, etc.
- Make sure you have the identification and name of the legal representative of the legal entity in case of being replaced. You must also have that data from the counter.
- You must have tax responsibilities
- Make sure you have the modifications of the main and secondary economic activities.
How to recover the key of the DIAN Colombia: How to get the RUT
If you wish To request the RUT for the first time, you must go to the corresponding office closest to your place of residence. There you will be advised to deliver a series of essential documents
These documents depend on whether the applicant is a Natural Person, Legal Person, Liquid Succession or Simplified Non-Commerce Regime. All of these are subjects with obligations that are administered by the DIAN.
Finally, once the verification process is completeyou will be assigned a provisional RUT with which you can start carrying out your tax and financial procedures, until you receive your official RUT about 90 days later.
If you liked this article about the How to recover the DIAN key We recommend the following related articles:
Related articles that may interest you