You do not know How to recover the Ownership Card of a motorcycle?Calm! In this article we will explain what the property card is, what it is for, how to recover it and much more.
Every good biker knows how important it is to have your motorcycle’s ownership card, since this is the only document that is valid before the national transit code that identifies the vehicle and its owner.
The Property Card of your motorcycle is an essential document You must count on him at all times. However, it is common that at some point you can lose it or the time comes to renew it due to deterioration.
How to recover the Ownership Card of a motorcycle
If your motorcycle ownership card has been lost, stolen or damaged, you must complete the duplicate application process at the Transit Secretariat Where did you register your vehicle?
In that sense, If you want to recover your Property Card, it is important that you take into account some requirements:
- You must be registered in the Single National Transit Registry, also known by its acronym RUNT.
- Make sure you have the Processing Request Form, which must be duly completed.
- You must have current SOAT insurance
- If your card is damaged, you must present the original to receive a new one.
- If you are a Legal Entity, you must attach a copy of the Certificate of Existence and Legal Representation valid for no more than 30 days.
- You must be in peace and safe for infractions
- In case you have lost your card, you must present the complaint made before the Judicial Function. This must be in force with a period of time not exceeding 30 days.
- Make sure you bring an authorization or special power of attorney in case you cannot show up to file the application. Take into account that the authorized or proxy must also be registered with the RUNT.
- Present your payment of the rights for processing.
- It carries a mechanical technical revision that is in force.
- If your property card is stolen, you must make the respective report of the document in the official website. You can also approach the nearest National Police.
- Request a duplicate of your property card at the headquarters of the Transit Agency of your city.
How to recover the Ownership Card of a motorcycle: What is the Property Card
Don’t you know what a Motorcycle Ownership Card is? Calm! In this section we will proceed to explain all the information you must handle about this document and its main characteristics.
Motorcycle ownership card it is a document that a user can never miss when leaving. This receipt is issued by the Ministry of Transportation, where a citizen is recognized as the owner of the motorcycle before any entity, both national and international.
In this document rests the specific information of the motorcycle such as the brand, its license plate, line, model, cylinder capacity, color, body type, its capacity and the number of chassis and engine.
Also, you should keep in mind that in case of presenting any irregularity in the information found on the property card with the current conditions of the motorcycle, You must report it immediately to avoid being sanctioned in the future by transit entities in accordance with current regulations. In addition, you must remember that said information is what is registered in the RUNT.
In that sense, for the duplicate to be issued, you must be in good standing and safe from all kinds of fines and infractionspossess the SOAT and the current Mechanical Technical Review, among many other requirements that we explained in the previous section.
On the other hand, it is important that you keep in mind that if you do not carry your motorcycle ownership card, the transit entities can charge you a fine and can even immobilize the vehicle.
It is also essential that you pay close attention to the moment you want to sell your motorcycle. This is because if you do not notify the transfer of ownership before the transit agency where the motorcycle is registered, you will continue to appear as the owner and responsible for everything that happens with the vehicle.
How to recover the Ownership Card of a motorcycle: What is the Property Card for?
Property Card is the public document that is responsible for identifying a motor vehicle, in this case a motorcycle. It is also used to identify the owner and authorizes said vehicle to circulate on public and private roads open to citizens.
The aforementioned is approved in the Transit Code. Likewise, it is important to highlight that this is a mandatory document for the vehicle to circulate through Colombian territory.
Requirements to process the Ownership Card of a motorcycle
Still don’t know what the requirements are to process the Ownership Card of your motorcycle?Keep reading this article that here we will explain it in detail!
Processing the duplicate of your must take into account the following requirements:
- Make sure you properly fill out the document of the Transit Organizations that are established by the RUNT
- Attach the purchase invoice of your motorcycle, the documents or purchase contract of the same, among others.
- If the motorcycle was purchased in a country other than Colombia, you must attach the relevant license or an invoice from the country where the vehicle was purchased.
- Be sure to attach all payment receipts for all taxes. These must be up to date for the current year.
- You must have a valid SOAT
- Attach a registration certificate that has been issued by the RUNT and is valid.
- You must not have anything pending for payment. If necessary, you must make a copy of peace and safe for this concept.
How to process the Ownership Card of a motorcycle
To process the Property Card of your motorcycle you just have to follow the steps which we will place below:
- The first thing you should be clear about is that it is essential that you meet all the required requirements. We explained these to you in the previous section.
- You must go to any of the offices of the Colombian Transit Agency. Once there you will be attended by qualified personnel, who will help you process this document.
Generally, vehicle ownership cards in Colombia are issued by the Secretariat of Transit and Mobility of each city in the country. It can also be issued by other transit agencies that are authorized by the government for this purpose.
- Make sure to cancel the respective amounts to the management of this procedure.
HoweverHow much does it cost to process the Property Card of a motorcycle? This is a fairly common question among motorcycle users in Colombia and here we bring you the specific information on this point.
The amount you must pay to get the Property Card of a motorcycle is 1,833,151 Colombian pesos. This price is divided into 122,451 Colombian pesos for the management of the procedure and 60,700 pesos for the RUNT fee.
Likewise, here we will leave you the amounts to pay for other types of similar procedures that we believe may interest you.
Types of ownership transfer:
- From a motorcycle: 53,900 Colombian pesos
- To any person (This applies to vehicles, industrial agricultural machinery and self-propelled construction, trailers and semi-trailers): cost of 132,600 pesos
- To undetermined persons (Applies to motorcycles): 73,000 Colombian pesos
How to get a duplicate card Property
If you need to get a duplicate of the Property Card of a motorcycle and you don’t know how, you got to the section of the article indicated for you. Here we will explain all the important information that you must handle regarding this topic.
The first thing you must take into account is that in order to carry out the process, natural or legal persons must be registered in the RUNT system. Likewise, must meet the following requirements:
- You must present your original identity document
- Remember to bring the Processing Request Form, which must be duly completed
- Make sure you have your valid SOAT insurance and that it is incorporated into RUNT
Likewise, it is important that you know that this procedure has an amount that you must pay, which is 65,338 Colombian pesos. This must be completely filled out, legible, without crossing out or amendments and signed by the owner of the vehicle.
On the other hand, the amount you must pay for the duplicate of both the Registration Card and the Transit License is 111,600 Colombian pesos.
If you liked this article about the How to recover the Ownership Card of a motorcycle We recommend the following related articles:
Related articles that may interest you