A flight attendant or passenger cabin crew (TPC) It is the entity that guarantees good service on a flight, all its functions are based on being able to provide passengers with quality assistance.
In this opportunity Procedures and requirements He invites you to read this article that contains everything you need to know if you want to be a flight attendant.
What is a Flight Attendant?
A flight attendant or also called cabin crew member (TCP) He is a member of the crew, who is in charge of monitoring the safety of the flight and also ensuring the comfort for the passengers.
A cabin crew member has civil responsibility in the operation of the aircraft, since they must be in charge of the condition and operation of various of the aircraft. These must comply with established aeronautical regulations.
Qualities of a flight attendant
It is important that a TPC possesses certain characteristics or qualities, to be able to exert a work of excellence and good service. Next we are going to present some of the qualities that a flight attendant must possess:
- Empathy: It is necessary for the attendant to show empathy to passengers and colleagues. This is an important value when it comes to providing good service and dealing with people.
- Leadership: A cabin crew member must be able to guide and inform passengers, because they see the flight attendant as a trusted person, as a leader.
- Adaptation: A TPC must adapt to varied work schedules.
- Communication: To guarantee a good service, it is necessary that the team in charge of organizing the flight, including the TCP, have good communication and know how to work as a team.
- Cultural knowledge: In this type of work, people of different nationalities and cultures meet, therefore a broad knowledge of the various existing cultures is necessary to know how to provide them with a better service.
- Good presentation: A flight attendant must have a good appearance, appearance, hygiene, attitude, because they work with people in person and these workers represent the airline they work for.
What are the functions of a Flight Attendant?
A flight attendant’s main function is to provide a service of excellence and quality, through the safety and care offered and the comfort that is provided throughout the flight.
Next we are going to present some of the functions and responsibilities that a TCP has:
Before the flight
- A flight attendant must attend a meeting, where they will be given the details of the flight, data such as the schedule, the number of passengers, children, disabled, among others.
- The TCP must do the assigned tasks prior to the flight, such as making sure that the safety equipment is in correct operation.
- Visualize that the aircraft facilities are in order and have all the inventory, such as food and drink that is offered to passengers.
- You must make each passenger pass, with a friendly gesture, welcoming them and directing them to their respective seats.
- The attendant must offer a talk to the passengers, about the safety of the flight, verifying that everything is under the established safety parameters.
- They are also told about emergency situations.
- The flight attendant must give a tour of each of the seats, to verify that all have a seatbelt, to start the takeoff.
- The attendant issues the flight pilot’s data, such as his name and surname, and also answers the passengers’ questions.
- The TCP must proceed to serve the assigned food and drink.
- During the flight it is necessary for the attendant to be aware of the safety of the passengers.
- In emergency situations, the TCP must transmit safety and calm to passengers, in addition to following the procedures indicated for these cases and providing first aid if necessary.
End of flight
- The flight attendant must make sure that the passengers get off the plane correctly, checking that there are no loose luggage.
- You must make the flight report in a written document.
- Update inventory.
What are the requirements to be a Flight Attendant?
To be flight attendant A series of requirements must be met, which are presented below:
- Possess a minimum ESO qualification.
- Mastering the Spanish and English languages. In case of mastering another language, it will be highly valued.
- You must be between 18 to 35 years old.
- Depending on the airline, there are different parameters for the height of the flight attendant. It is generally 1.57 for women and 1.68 for men.
- You must be in good physical and mental health and condition.
- The applicant must avoid piercings and tattoos.
- To know how to swim.
What is the required documentation?
With regard to the documentation required to work as a flight attendant or cabin crew member, varies according to the airline, however, there are some key documents, which are mentioned below:
- Valid identification document.
- Valid passport.
- Document that accredits the degree in ESO.
- Document certifying the approval of a flight attendant or TPC study or course.
- Medical certificate (Physical and mental).
- Document that proves mastery of the English and Spanish languages. In case of mastering any more, also present a document that confirms it.
- Certificates of other related studies.
- Other documents requested by the airline.
Where can I take the Flight Attendant course?
If you want to be a flight attendant or cabin crew member, you can go to the Colombian Aeronautical School, where you will have the necessary preparation and training, guaranteeing quality learning.
This institution offers a flight attendant course, which lasts three semesters, that is, 18 months. This training is face-to-face and is based on three levels of preparation. You can access here, to inform you more about the flight attendant training program of this entity.
Next we will know more details of each level:
In this first stage, the student absorbs the general knowledge that an auxiliary must possess, he is taught how to manipulate the emergency equipment. Knowledge of air law is also provided.
The student learns the procedures to be carried out in an emergency, and about the obligations and professional ethics that a cabin crew member requires.
By passing the first level, the student acquires new knowledge and practice, such as: Survival, fire extinguishing and evacuation in water or on land.
He also knows about cabin practices, customer service, language, rescue, information about tickets, hygiene, geography and first aid.
This is the last level, therefore it requires much more demand. The student will learn about reserves and applied systems, the business project, general accounting, mathematics, organizational skills, communication techniques, and management fundamentals.
As well as the topics will be touched: Sales and negotiation workshop, tourism policy and legislation, public relations and the marketing and management of airlines and travel agencies.
Requirements to enter the Colombian Aeronautical School
- Identity document: A 150% enlarged photocopy is required.
- Photocopy of the diploma and high school certificate
- EPS affiliation certificate
- ICFES certificate.
- Passport photo, 3 × 4 blue background.
Once the required documentation has been delivered, you must go through an interview and then proceed to carry out the necessary medical evaluations. To learn more about how to enter this study entity, you can access your website by clicking here.
What happens when I graduate?
If you complete the training program to be a flight attendant or cabin crew member, you can:
- Carry out assistance functions in the passenger cabin.
- Handle emergency equipment correctly.
- Keep passengers informed and safe in case of evacuation.
- Coordinate emergency procedures.
- Provide passengers with a quality and excellent service.
- Organize and sell tickets.
- Control baggage procedures.
Take into account what is stated in this article and get good results.
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar