The institution in Bogotá that is in charge of control that companies register and carry out their economic activity legally, in addition to protecting them to increase their production and quantity; is the Chamber of Commerce of Bogotá.
What is the Bogotá Chamber of Commerce or CCB?
Who grants the Mercantile Registries to the companies and societies that are formed in the city of Bogotá, is a private non-profit entity that we call the Bogotá Chamber of Commerce.
It is made up of 8 Representatives of the Private Sector, each with its Alternate and 4 Government Representatives, each with its Alternate. This makes a total of 24 Members.
The Bogotá Chamber of Commerce has programs and alliances with state institutions and national and foreign private institutions to:
- Improve the production of existing companies and increase the number of them.
- Minimize activity in the informal economy, encouraging and offering help to employers to generate employment, incorporating informal workers.
- Study and minimize the number of companies at risk.
All this for the benefit of the country.
What are the functions of the Bogotá Chamber of Commerce?
- Regularly report on the registration process in the Mercantile Registry, so that employers are aware of it.
- Serve as a link between government entities and businessmen, so that legal guidelines are met, in the interests of both.
- Keep and certify the commercial register of companies. Monitor that the process is complied with.
- Carry out investigations on aspects of foreign trade and present recommendations to the State authorities, in charge of planning related activities, in order to overcome deficiencies or irregularities.
- Carry out different activities, forums, workshops, issuance of newsletters, etc., to make citizens aware of the activities carried out and the objectives set.
- Prepare its internal regulations and present it to the Superintendent of Industry and Commerce, for its due approval.
- Provide support to merchants to reach agreements between creditors and debtors.
- If individuals request it, appoint arbitrators or friendly composers.
- Create alliances with other entities, both public and private, national or international in order to improve the quality and performance of companies, in favor of the economic development of the country.
- Carry out the pertinent studies of the regular economic activity of the jurisdiction and certify the data obtained.
- In the month of January of each year, present the report or its memory and account of the work carried out in the previous year, the income obtained and the expenses paid, in addition to the economic situation of the town.
What are the requirements to register your company with the Bogota Chamber of Commerce?
1.- As a Natural Person. If a Natural Person wishes to register his company in the Chamber of Commerce of Bogotá, he must:
- Before starting the procedures, it is convenient to choose the name of the company and make sure that there is no other company with the same name. Know the ISIC codes, which identify the economic activity to be carried out.
- You must have the Pre RUT, the NIT. If you do not have it, you can obtain it at www.dian.gov.co.
- You must have the Virtual Key, if not, you will obtain it at the end of the process.
- Enter the website of the Bogotá Chamber of Commerce.
- Select Procedures and Queries.
- Select Enroll Establishment Registration.
- Then Enroll.
- Initiate Procedures.
- Enter the security key and continue.
- Read the terms and conditions and click I accept and then Continue.
- The screen will display the Single Business and Social Registration form, which you must fill out with great care
- Once the requirements have been fulfilled and the payment has been canceled, go to a headquarters of the Bogotá Chamber of Commerce to formalize the registration; the license plate is generated immediately.
- The required documents are:
a.-The original of the Identity Document.
b.- The Single Tax Registry. RUT.
c.- The forms available on the following website: Click here. For the Appointment Scheduling System.
d.- The RUES.
e.- The District Finance Secretary receives the information for the registration in the Tax Registry (RIT), sent by the Chamber of Commerce.
2.- As a Legal Person. As a Legal Person to register a company with the Bogotá Chamber of Commerce, you must:
2.1.- Before starting the procedures, you must identify the company and verify that there is no other with the same name,
2.2.- Know the ISIC. Codes that identify the economic activity to be carried out:
- Natural person.
- Commercial Society / Natural Person.
- Limited, Joint-Stock, Collective, Simple Limited Partnership, Foreign Branch.
- Business Associative to Work, Sole Proprietors.
- Agrarian Transformation Society.
- Other Societies.
- Simplified Stock Companies.
3.- Have the Virtual KeyIf you do not have it, request it at the end of the process, have the Pre RUT and the NIT, if not, request them immediately on the page
4.- Enter the website of the Bogotá Chamber of Commerce.
5.- Select Procedures and Queries.
6.- Select Register Establishment Registration.
8.- Initiate Procedures.
9.- Enter the security code and continue.
10.- Accept the terms and let him continue.
11.- Enter the data and continue.
12.- The Single Business and Social Registration form will be displayed, which must be filled out with great care.
13.- Once the requirements have been fulfilled, go to a Chamber of Commerce headquarters to formalize the registration. The required documents are:
- The Articles of Association of the Company.
- The forms available in this web. For the Appointment Scheduling System.
- The RUT.
- The identification document of the legal representative of the company.
- The Single Business Title and the annexes.
14.- If a Company by Simplified Shares, Sole Shareholder, Natural Person is to be registered, it must present in addition to the above:
- Control Situation Manifestation Document.
- Also the Document of Manifestation of non-existence in a Control Situation.
- Information regarding registration in the Information Registry (RIT) is sent from the Bogota Chamber of Commerce to the Secretary of the Treasury.
How much does it cost to register your company with the Bogotá Chamber of Commerce?
Below is what it costs in Colombian pesos, to register a company with the Bogotá Chamber of Commerce:
- 000 pesos for the registration in the Mercantile Registry of the acts and documents required by law or for the registration in the Mercantile Registry of the books required by the law.
- 200 pesos per photocopy.
- 100 pesos per page of the books.
- 800 for the Financial Statements, for the existence of Legal Representation and registration of documents, for special certificates or for the RUES form.
- 900 pesos for the Commercial Registration.
What sanctions can result in not complying with the requirements of the Mercantile Registry?
If a merchant does not meet the requirements to register his company and obtain the Commercial Registry, he can:
- Have a fine of 17 minimum wages for not registering the company.
- M$ 5,000 pesos for irregularity in the books.
- If you present false information or document carries penalties contemplated in the Penal Code.
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar