Do you want to travel to Peru? Don’t you know what you need? Then this article is for you. Here you can find everything you need to know about the requirements to enter Peru from Colombia, tourist sites, places of accommodation and other information that will surely interest you.
Requirements to travel to Peru from Colombia
Because both Peru and Colombia are part of the Southern Common Market (Mercosur), those belonging to these nations have the benefit of moving between these countries without the need for a visa.
Despite this, it is important to consider some requirements to guarantee a great experience in Peru. We will mention each of them below:
- Identification Document: You can use the Citizenship Card, the Immigration Card, or the Passport. It is important that the document to be used is current.
- Andean Nations Card: When traveling to Peru, you must complete this card, which consists of a migratory document that is necessary to be able to access and leave any of the member countries of Mercosur and the Andean Community of Nations (CAN ). This document is issued at a border control when entering the destination country, in this case Peru, or it is also delivered on the plane.
In case you want to travel by land to Peru, it is necessary that you comply with the following documentation:
- Document that proves your judicial past, which must be apostilled.
- In case of traveling in your own vehicle, you must have all the documentation for it.
- You must have insurance for the vehicle in case of damage or loss.
- Current driver’s license
There are some documents that despite not being mandatory, it is advisable to have them in case any official authority requests them:
- Ticket to exit the country. In case of entering the country as a tourist, the stay permit is 90 days.
- Document proving that the person has been vaccinated against yellow fever.
- Travel insurance. It is advisable to have this element because it is a backup in the event of an accident within the destination country.
In case you intend to stay in Peru For more than the stipulated 90 days, it is necessary to contact the Consulate of Peru.
Travel to Peru by land from Colombia
Currently, a large number of Colombians have opted for enter Peru by land. In this case, it is necessary to comply with the aforementioned documentation. Here are some tips if you want to travel by road:
- If you leave from Medellín, the journey can take between 18 to 20 hours to Ipiales. The cost of the ordered transports have a cost of approximately 40 dollars. One of the most recommended land transportation lines is the Bolivarian Express Transportation company.
- When you arrive at the end of Ipiales you must proceed to take a bus which will take you to the border with Ecuador, the cost of this transport does not exceed 2 dollars. It is necessary that you have all the necessary documentation on hand, since it will go through migrations.
- Then you must take another bus that will take you to the city of Tulcán in Ecuador, said cost is between 1 or 2 dollars.
- Then you must take a bus again which will take you to Quito, the capital of Ecuador. This transfer has a cost of 5 dollars and the trip may last at least 7 hours.
- You must calculate the time and the departure time to avoid arriving at the Quito terminal after midnight, since the transport activity is suspended until the morning.
- Once in Quito you can choose to go to Huaquillas, taking a bus that takes you directly or you also have the option of taking a bus to Guayaquil and from there to Huaquillas.
- On this site is the border of Ecuador, where you must present the requested documentation and you must take a taxi to the border with Peru. In migrations, your passport will be stamped and you can make the money exchange right there.
- Once this is completed, take a van to Tumbes and in about 40 minutes you will find yourself in the first city of Peru. When you are in this city you have the option to go to your chosen destination and enjoy your stay.
Accommodation in Peru
One of the most important factors to consider when undertaking a trip is accommodation. Because Procedures and Requirements offers you a list of the accommodation sites most visited by tourists in Peru:
- Hotel Antigua Miraflores: This establishment is located in the Miraflores neighborhood. This hotel is recommended due to the great security it provides and its unique colonial style. It has a convenient location for tourists and also the attention is impeccable.
- Golf Hotel Boutique: Formerly called Duo Hotel Boutique, it is located in the San Isidro area. It is also a recommended place for the security it provides. It is considered a small luxury hotel, it has an old-style structure and architecture. It also has an avant-garde design.
- Hotel Gran Palma: The natural beauty of the city of Paracas and its beaches, this hotel is coveted for its wonderful location near the beaches and in addition to its charming viewpoints overlooking the sea. It also offers great care.
- Hostal Balcones de Moral and Santa Catalina: It is a good option and is quite inexpensive. It has a fantastic location, already close to several tourist destinations and places of interest. The hotel rooms are very cozy and comfortable.
- Eco Inn Hotel Colca: This is a great option if you choose to go to Colca Canyon. The hotel has great charm, as well as having a very good location.
- Xima Cusco Hotel: Also known as Eco Inn Cusco, it is a hotel with a fabulous location, it has beautiful rooms, a unique style and delicious food.
Machu Picchu Town (Aguas Calientes)
- Inkaterra Hotel: This is considered one of the best hotels in Machu Picchu Pueblo. It is a five-star hotel, which is located near the town’s train station. Its rooms are beautiful, as are the bathrooms.
These are the best accommodation sites when traveling to Peru.
Peru is a great destination to travel, it has diverse and fantastic places that everyone would like to know. Next, we will mention some of the places of interest most coveted by tourists:
In this wonderful destination the Historic sanctuary of Machu Picchu, which is one of the representative places of Peru.
If you travel to Peru it is essential to know this lake. It is the highest navigable lake in the world. It is also a destination that represents the country.
If yours is to practice trekkingYou must visit this island, since it is considered an excellent place to practice this activity.
This is the largest island of all and is known as The Island of Love, due to its beautiful surroundings.
Vinicunca “the mountain of seven colors” it is a wonderful place to visit. The colors of this mountain make it attract the attention of tourists.
This northern destination is known for having the most coveted beaches in Peru. It is an ideal place to relax and enjoy the atmosphere. Also on this beach you can choose to surf.
National park huascaran
If nature is your thing, this destination is ideal for you. This park is one of the main places to visit in Peru. It has a large number of various animals.
With all this information you will be ready to travel to Peru.
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar