We know that traveling to Spain is really crazy. Not for all the precautions you need. But because of how beautiful and extraordinary it can be. For many, this country is one of dreams and if you plan to travel at some point, either to settle down or just to get to know, you should take into account the Requirements to travel to Spain.
This country is known for its history, its art, bullfights, flamenco, beaches and so many hours of sunshine a year.
It is and has been for a long time one of the cultural centers of Europe. That is why it has become for many a perfect tourist destination. And not only tourist, many people decide to live in this country for all the benefits it offers.
Now you wonder How to travel to Spain? What do you need to travel?
Here we explain the documents to travel to Spain:
What are the requirements to travel to Spain while in Colombia?
Today there are various facilities to travel not only to that country, but to various European nations.
Since the visa was suspended in 2015 for Colombians to enter European countries such as Spain, trips to such places have increased in large quantities.
Before, due to the limitations and all the procedures that people had to follow in order to travel, the planning ended up being canceled.
Now, if you have in mind to travel to Spain soon, you should know what are the documents:
- Passport or travel document valid for at least three months after the scheduled date of departure from the European territory.
Although you don’t need visaYou must bear in mind that once in the country, they will ask you for information such as your income, assets and your purpose of the trip.
If they see any inconsistencies, they can totally or partially deny you entry.
READ ALSO: Steps and Requirements to Obtain a Visa in Colombia
REMEMBER: You will be allowed to enter as long as you enter as a tourist and your stay is less than 90 days.
- Renewed passports or travel documents that were first issued more than 10 years ago are not accepted.
- The passport or travel document must have at least two blank pages.
- Travel documents that are visibly damaged, totally or partially damaged, with any of their sheets detached or torn or that do not have a magnetic reading strip will be rejected.
- Round trip ticket reservation
- Justify the purpose and conditions of entry and stay of the trip.
You must present the hotel reservation, rental contract, invitation letter.
- Present documents that justify the availability of your own financial resources
For example, if the applicant is economically dependent, the documentation will be that of the parents, spouse or children.
- You must present the travel medical insurance that covers, during the planned period of stay, the expenses that your return may cause for medical reasons or death.
Even if a visa is not required, it is necessary to protect yourself in case of any eventuality.
Documents that may be required depending on the reason for the trip:
For professional purposes:
- The invitation of the company or authority issued.
- Documents from which the existence of commercial relationships related to its activity is deduced.
- Access card to fairs and congresses.
For tourist or private trips
- Supporting document of the place where you will stay. If it is in a hotel, show the reservation of the place.
- If you are staying with a family member or friend, you must have an invitation letter from that person. A letter issued through a private document or a notarized invitation letter is not valid. The only one allowed is the one previously indicated, which must be requested at the corresponding National Police station according to the domicile of the invitee in Spain. Cinvitation letter to travel to Spain.
- If applicable, confirmation of the reservation of an organized trip such as a tour.
For academic trips
- Registration or documentation of admission to the institution.
For other purposes
- Invitations, reservations, programs.
- Certificates of participation in events related to the trip.
- Entry cards or receipts.
If you want to live in Spain to study or work, you must have a long-term visa.
These visas enable you to reside, reside and work, study or research in Spain.
All foreigners who wish to enter Spain for the aforementioned purposes need to have a visa of this type, unless they are citizens of the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland.
Likewise, to travel with a work contract, it is necessary to request a residence and work authorization for someone else. To get it, you have to have a job offer from Spain and be in your country.
How to write an invitation letter?
The letter must contain the following information:
- Name, surname, place and date of birth, nationality, DNI number, passport, foreigner identity card or foreigner identity number.
- Express manifestation of your willingness to invite and host the invited person, either at their main address.
- Relationship or bond with the guest.
- Name, surname, place and date of birth, nationality, specific place of residence or domicile and the guest’s passport number.
- Period during which the guest’s stay is scheduled, specifying, approximately, the first and last day of it.
- Before signing, it must be stated that the invitee declares that the information presented is true.
Why demonstrate financial means?
You may wonder why we have to give them an account of our financial means. Easy.
There is a resolution that asks you to do the calculations to have the minimum amount for each of the members who will travel with you.
Foreigners must prove that they have financial resources. By showing them in cash, or by presenting certified checks, traveler’s checks, payment letters, or credit cards, which must be accompanied by the bank account statement or an updated bank book
REMEMBER: Letters from banks or bank statements from the Internet will not be accepted.
Common questions for foreigners when entering Spain
As everywhere, airport managers often ask the person entering the country certain questions.
Some of these questions are:
- Reason for your visit
- How long will it be here?
- Are you traveling on your own?
- How much money do you have?
- How much do you estimate your travel expenses?
- What is your profession?
- Do you work in your home country?
- Are you traveling alone or accompanied?
- Have you booked and paid for your accommodation in Spain?
- Do you have an invitation letter?
- Do you have friends, family or acquaintances in Spain?
- Do you have medical insurance with coverage within Spain?
For everything they ask you, you should have their respective documents at hand.
For example, if you wonder about the stay, you must show where you plan to stay. Same with the other requirements.
Always be sure of yourself, do not get nervous. A bad word or an incorrect information can be reason enough to reject your entry into the country.
If I am denied entry, what do I do?
First of all, don’t lose your cool. Be patient.
In case your entry is denied, you have to know that you have the right to a lawyer.
This will help you to be allowed to enter Spanish territory or evaluate your case immediately.
Wait while they make the corresponding assignments and then they will give you an answer of your entry to the territory.
Flights to Spain from Colombia, depending on where you start your flight, make stopovers.
If you start your trip at an airport other than the main one, you’re going to have to go to an action one international.
For example, you start your trip in the city of Cali, you will need to travel to Bogotá to El Dorado Airport, where you will finally be able to board a direct plane to Spain.
Some countries to which Colombians can travel without a visa are:
However, you must submit all Requirements to travel to Spain. In this way, you will be able to enter safely and correctly and there will be no space for them to doubt your entry to the place.
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar