Within each country there must be a body in charge of ensuring the well-being of the residents. In this way, achieve the best development of the country in a very fruitful way.
On the other hand, the government of each country according to statutes exposed in politics it is important that they are managed in favor of the population that governs. In this way, we can improve the lifestyle of citizens and achieve the socio-economic development that is so much sought after.
However, many of the countries in the world have taken the task of creating a body in charge of this aspect. Such is the case of social security, in Costa Rica this entity is of great importance for residents.
For this reason, we will provide you with all the information you need to know about voluntary insurance. In addition to the requirements that it entails and all the process that it deserves to belong to it.
What is voluntary insurance?
Basically this It is based on a social insurance scheme in which all the people who do not have a job are integrated. Or that they simply carry out non-salaried or remunerated activities.
But they still want to have a entity that ensures the well-being of said residents. On the other hand, there is also the compulsory regime in which people who belong to cooperative societies are integrated, paid jobs determined by the Federal Executive.
It should be noted that this is done in favor of guaranteeing people a quality medical service, as well as the other benefits that this insurance offers. Something that indirectly functions as a private insurance.
Requirements for voluntary insurance
In order to process this type of insurance, it is important that certain essential requirements are met for its processing. Next we will mention the necessary documentation to do it:
- National Identity Document or immigration document that legally proves your stay in Costa Rica.
- Proof of studies granted by the educational center (in case of being a student).
- Certificate or proof of economic income from pension and / or term certificates (in case of being an annuitant).
- Insurance request form.
- Sworn statement before an official of the Costa Rican Social Security Fund.
All this must be consigned at the time of attend the appointment or face-to-face interview held within the offices of the Costa Rican Social Security Fund.
How to join the voluntary student insurance
In the Costa Rica university like the Costa Rica Social Security box provides its students with voluntary insurance. This form to be able to obtain benefits although in this case only a discount is made.
In the first instance, the payment corresponding to the study period must be made. Then they will begin to enjoy this benefit, in any of the medical centers in the country.
However previously They must present proof of payment along with the registration form at the Health and Welfare Office. In conjunction with your identification documents.
To carry out this process you must meet the following fundamental requirements:
- Actively belong to the member of students of the University of Costa Rica.
- Not have debts with the Costa Rican Social Security Fund.
- Neither should you have another type of active insurance in the Costa Rican Social Security Fund.
All these requirements in the company of those mentioned in the previous section They are the ones that must be taken into account to carry out this registration successfully before the competent bodies.
How is the proccess
To finish, below we will explain step by step how to carry out the process of enrolling students in voluntary Social Security:
- First of all, the above-mentioned requirements must be met. Next, make the Affidavit of income and employment status of the applicant and present the affiliation ballot.
- After this you will be verified through the platform BANNER. If you comply with all the statutes, you can proceed to issue the payment receipt and update the database with the new Voluntary Insurance record.
Related articles that may interest you