The Ecuadorian Ministry of National Defense developed an online system tool for obtaining the certificate of not belonging to the armed forcesfor the convenience of users, said platform is available to all persons who need to apply for the certificate or modify certain data contained therein.
Requirements for the certificate of not belonging to the armed forces
The only essential requirement to obtain the certificate of not belong to the armed forces of Ecuador is to possess the citizenship card or any other public document that describes the personal identification data of the applicant.
Steps to follow
The steps to follow to obtain the certificate of not belonging to the armed forces of Ecuador are the following:
- The applicant must enter the page defense.gob.ec
- Once you are at the beginning of the mentioned page, you must click where it says “obtaining certificates online” either “online certificates”.
- Once the page leads you to the next step, you will have to select the option «certificates of belonging or not to the armed forces».
- After that, the same page will take you to a space in which the applicant must complete the fields with the ID number and a security text (located on the right side of the screen) provided by the same page.
- Subsequently, you will have to click on «consult» located on the right side of the screen.
- The page immediately displays a series of data associated with the ID number entered, indicating whether or not it belongs to the armed forces.
- The page will ask you to fill in the city from which the certificate is requested and the reason for which the certificate is requested.
- Finally, click on the bottom right where it says «print», once this is done, an auxiliary page will open in which it shows the complete format of the certificate with the applicant’s data. (The page allows you to immediately print the certificate or simply save it to the documents on your computer.)
What is an electronic certificate?
The electronic certificate of to belong or not to the armed forces of Ecuador It is a document issued at the request of the applicant via the Internet, a type of computer file in which the electronic signatures of the authorities in charge of the offices of the requested procedure are reflected.
The electronic certificate endorses certain activity and personal information of a person authorized by the Ministry of National Defense of Ecuador. Because the document has electronic signatures and seals, it does not need other verifications to validate its legitimacy.
How long is this document valid for?
The certificate of not belonging to the armed forces of Ecuador is valid for 90 business days from the day it is issued. If the document expires, the user can request the certificate again with the same procedure.
Does the process have any associated cost?
The issuance of the document certificate of not belonging to the armed forces of Ecuador It does not have a cost established by the state or by the Ministry of National Defense, so the process of obtaining the document online is completely free for any applicant.
Why do I need the certificate of not belonging to the armed forces?
The certificate of not belonging to the national armed forces is issued as a requirement to participate in the selection process of the national transit agency of Ecuador, in that of the metropolitan transit agency of Ecuador, for the selection process in the national police or it is also used for any other legal procedure carried out in Ecuadorian territory.
What are the reasons for which the certificate of not belonging to the armed forces of Ecuador can be requested?
Among the reasons for which the certificate of not belonging to the Ecuadorian armed forces can be requested are the following:
- Join the Air Force.
- Entry into the naval force.
- Entry into the ground force.
- National transit agency.
- Civil transit agent.
- Company of trucks, taxis or tricimotos.
- Prison Guide.
- Admission to the metropolitan police.
- The civil registry.
- Customs or municipal police.
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Ministry of Interior.
- Public and private institutions.
- Heavy, mixed, public, tourist, urban, institutional and school transport.
- Passenger transportation.
- Intracantonal or intraprovincial transportation.
The aforementioned are some of the reasons that indicate the page for which the certificate of belonging or not to the national armed forces can be issued.
How do I verify or modify the data that appears on the page that issues the certificate?
If the applicant considers that the registered data is erroneous, they have the power to request their modification by following the steps below:
- Login to the system on the next page defense.gob.ec
- Then you will have to click on the one where it says «obtaining certificates online» or «online certificates».
- Enter the identification number and the security field that is requested.
- Once the page displays the applicant’s data, click on the bottom left where it says «request correction» (it is not necessary for the applicant to complete the fields that the page requests before the correction request option)
- The page will display a series of options in which the applicant can modify their data.
- Finally, you must click on the bottom right of the page where it says «send request»
The request will be verified and validated by the corresponding supervisor of the Ministry of National Defense, the response to said request will be sent to the applicant via email within a period not exceeding 48 hours from the request.
After receiving the response to the request, the user will be able to carry out the application procedure for a certificate of not belonging to the national armed forces without any problem.
How many certificates can I request?
The user can request an amount of five certificates per month of not belonging to the national armed forces.
Where is the Ecuadorian Ministry of National Defense located?
The main office of the Ecuadorian Ministry of National Defense is located on Calle la exposición S4-71 y Benigno Vela, Quito – Ecuador. Any user who wishes can contact this office at the number (593-2) 2983-200 or through the information page www.defensa.gog.ec
What character is the certificate of not belonging to the national armed forces of Ecuador?
The certificate document of not belonging to the national armed forces of Ecuador is of a substantial nature, so said certificate does not need another type of signature stamp in addition to the ones it already has electronically.
At what times can the request for the certificate of not belonging to the Ecuadorian armed forces be made?
The online system is available to the applicant 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
The certificate of not belonging to the national armed forces must have the exclusive use for which the issuance was requested (legal, informative, labor effects, among others), misuse of it will be penalized by Ecuadorian law and the bearer user must respect and comply with said charges since it is the sole responsibility of the applicant.
Related articles that may interest you