Work certificates or labor certificates are part of the requirements to opt for a new job, to expedite banking procedures and for other legal uses. If you wish to request or carry out a work certificate, below you will find the information you want to know for it.
What is the work certificate?
The work certificate or labor certificate is a document prepared and issued by a company to certify and verify that an employee exercises and occupies a job position in said company or institution, said certificate is also issued when the employee has stopped providing services in a company as a guarantee of its work.
The work certificates must be requested by the interested party days in advance, this depends on the rules of the company that issues it.
NOTE: not all job certificates are written the same, since it depends on the purpose of its issuance and the entity to which it is addressed.
What information should it contain?
The work certificates issued by a company or institution must contain the following information in their content:
- Name of the company that issues the labor certificate.
- Name, surname and identity document number of the applicant (either identity card, citizenship card or passport).
- The position held or the position held by the employee.
- And depending on the entity that will receive the certificate, a text will be written with the information you want to know, for example if it is a bank that requests the certificate, it must contain the salary earned by the employee; If, on the other hand, the certificate is to opt for a new job, it must specify the performance and behavior of the applicant.
- The date of issue of the certificate.
- And the signature of the person who issues the certificate with the position held and the identity document number (either identity card, citizenship card or passport)
- Wet seal of the company that issues the work certificate or labor certificate.
If you do not comply with what is specified above, it is possible that the certificate will be rejected by the company that received it.
What are the formal aspects you must comply with?
Because it is a formal document, it is necessary that the work certificate or labor certificate be issued by a company or institution registered in the necessary entities for its free exercise; In addition, the certificate must be made on a duly letterhead with the information of the company in question, it must also be duly signed and sealed by the company that issues it.
Who issues the certificate?
The work certificate or labor certificate is issued only by a duly registered company with the power to freely exercise its activity, this is done at the request of an interested party, which in this case would be an employee of the company, to later use it for which the certificate was requested.
What good is it for me?
Work certificates or labor certificates are used to open bank accounts, to apply for bank loans, to obtain credit cards, to obtain a work permit, for retirement procedures, for reasons of resignation or dismissal, for qualify for or obtain a new job or position (nationally or internationally)
NOTE: the document can be written in another language if the applicant so wishes.
Why are they requesting it?
The work certificates or labor certificates are requested by the interested party so that the company for which they provide services can record their good behavior and performance throughout the time they have worked. They also request it with the purpose that according to what it says there they can opt for jobs in other companies; as well as for carrying out banking procedures, among others.
Examples of formats
Next you will get pages in which labor certificate models are shown:
If you request a certificate as a natural person or issue a certificate as a legal company and it meets the aforementioned requirements and specifications, it will be well received by the person requesting it.
Related articles that may interest you