Being in the Navy is an honor to prove that you have the ability to defend and protect the marine requisitions of the nation where you reside. To be able to enter the Ecuadorian navy, you have to follow requirements to enter the navy which will be explained in detail below
Requirements and Documents to enter the marina
If you are a bachelor you must have requirements to enter the navy
- Being Ecuadorian by birth, according to article 7 of the Constitution of the Republic of Ecuador.
- Being of legal age up to 22 years 0 months 0 days, calculated on the expected date of admission to the Training Schools.
- Have a minimum height of 165 cm (men) and 160 cm (women)
- Marital status single, without family responsibilities (children).
- Possess a bachelor’s degree duly recognized and registered by the Ministry of Education:
- For aspiring Weapons and Services Officer: bachelor’s degree in general sciences, mathematical physicist and unified general bachelor’s degree in sciences and international bachelor’s degree.
- For aspiring Navy Crew Specialist Naval Sciences: bachelor’s degree in general sciences, mathematical physicist and unified general bachelor’s degree in sciences and international bachelor’s degree.
- For aspiring Weapon Crew Specialist Electrician, electronics and mechanics: technical bachelor in electricity, electronics, mechanics respectively.
- For aspiring Navy Marine specialty Crewman: Bachelor of General Sciences, Mathematical Physicist, General Unified Bachelor of Science, International Bachelor, Technical Bachelor of Electricity, Electronics and Mechanics.
- Pass the Ser Bachiller evaluation and obtain the score in accordance with the regulations established by SENESCYT.
- Not having accepted the quota in another career, otherwise, your qualification will be invalid, established in the National Leveling and Admission System (SNNA) of the Secretary of Higher Education, Science and Technology and Innovation (SENESCYT).
- Accredit psychological, academic, medical and physical conditions that allow you to submit to the military training regime.
- Do not record criminal records, and / or pending legal proceedings.
- Not having been discharged from active service in accordance with the current regulations of the training schools of the National Police, Transit Commission of Ecuador.
- Re-entry to the training school is only considered for those who have been discharged for reasons of force majeure and/or duly verified unforeseeable circumstances, medical leave, voluntary leave and poor academic performance.
- The first-year military training applicants who have been discharged according to those described in literal k), will undergo a new recruitment process.
- Not having been discharged from active service at the Armed Forces training schools for: misconduct, lack of adaptation to military life applicable in the three forces and for entering military education training institutes with adulterated documentation or duly verified forged, without prejudice to legal actions that may take place.
- Candidates for Weapons, Technicians and Services Officers and Crewmen will indicate at the time of registration, the process to which they wish to apply (Officer or Crewman).
- Be located within the quota established by the General Command of the Ecuadorian Navy, according to the general average reached in the selection process.
if you are professional you must have requirements to enter the navy
- Being Ecuadorian by birth in accordance with the provisions of the Constitution of the Republic of Ecuador (art. 7).
- Of legal age up to 35 years 0 months 0 days calculated from the expected date of admission to the training school
- Barefoot height 160 cm women / 165 cm men.
- Accredit medical and physical conditions that allow you to submit to the military training and indoctrination regimen.
- Possess a professional title duly registered on the SENESCYT website:
- To be a specialist officer, you must have at least a third level degree in the specialty required by the Navy.
- To be a specialist crew member, you must have a higher technical or technological level degree in the specialty required by the Navy.
- Not having been discharged from active service in accordance with the current regulations of the training schools of the Armed Forces, the National Police and the Ecuadorian Transit Commission.
- Not having been discharged from the active service of the training schools of the FF. AA. for: misconduct, for lack of adaptation to military life applicable in the three forces and for entering military education training institutes with duly verified adulterated or forged documentation, without prejudice to any legal actions that may arise.
- Do not record criminal records, and / or pending legal proceedings.
Steps to enter the marina
The Ecuadorian Navy, through the General Directorate of Human Resources, will begin the recruitment process for 2015 Gun Boy Candidates, for which those interested can access through the website: www.reclutamiento.armada.mil.ec
You must bring a Folder with psychological tests, academic tests, medical record, personal interview and physical tests
Functions of the Ecuadorian Navy
The Ecuadorian Navy, given the need to maintain a capacity proportional to that of the countries of the region, with a dissuasive strategic weapon, had to have a force that included submarine units.
In order to create the submarine force and the necessary infrastructure in the country, it was essential that a group of officers and crew members acquire their first knowledge in schools in friendly countries such as Brazil and Chile.
Naval Aviation Bell 230 taking off from the deck of USS Thach (FFG 43)
It is made up of different types of fixed and rotary wing units, with capabilities to carry out operations of air-sea exploration, close air support, transport, anti-surface and anti-submarine combat, operating from strategic deployment points on land or from the platforms of surface units. .
Coast Guard Command
It was formed on July 25, 1980, with units assigned to the maritime authority to perform the following tasks:
- Safeguard human life at sea
- Function as National Maritime Search and Rescue Coordination Center
- Control maritime traffic, to safeguard sovereignty in the areas of control of fishing, smuggling and other illegal activities, helping to minimize the loss of human life, personal injury and property damage in jurisdictional waters.
- Protect the security of ships, ports, maritime routes and the facilities inherent to them.
- Maintain and improve the quality of the marine environment and contribute to reducing damage in case of pollution.
- Protect morality and order in ships, ports, docks and beaches.
- In case of conflict, to form the coastal defense force, together with the mobilized reserve and the Marine Infantry, in charge of defending the coasts, in coordination with the Land Force and with the support of the Air Force
Career in the Ecuadorian navy
The Marine Corps maintains a force of around 5,000 well-trained and equipped military personnel with its main headquarters in Guayaquil, they are mainly equipped with 115mm Mortars, M67 recoilless cannon, M101 howitzer artillery, lighter weapons such as the M- 16A2,A4, M4 Carbine and Humvee ATVs some are equipped with Mistral anti-aircraft missiles. The marine infantry was the only branch of the Navy that entered into combat against Peruvian troops in 1981 and 1995. Its structure is as follows:
- Marine Infantry School
- Marine Infantry Battalion «Guayaquil»
- Marine Infantry Battalion «Jambeli»
- Marine Infantry Battalion «San Eduardo»
- Marine Infantry Battalion «San Lorenzo»
- Marine Infantry Battalion «Jaramijo»
- Marine Infantry Battalion «Esmeraldas»
Marine infantry personnel are constantly training in different types of operations such as: assault, support, security, reconnaissance, jungle operations, counter terrorism, search and rescue; and in different types of environments and scenarios; Resulting in an elite within the Ecuadorian Navy with troops trained to operate in any part of the national territory, highly motivated by the impulse of the desire for combat.
Currently, the Escuela Superior Naval welcomes men and women willing to receive an elite education, with ethical values, where they are instilled:
- Integral formation
- Navy Training
- Military Training
- Academic training
- Sports training
- Cultural Training
In order to direct future generations of officers and crew members to continue the heroic deed of our ancestors.
The main function of the Marine Officer is oriented to the exercise of command in operational, technical and logistical activities, according to his specialty and scope of performance, having to fundamentally manage the human, material and financial resources of the Institution.
Navy officer training
Navy officers are trained at the Escuela Superior Naval (ESSUNA), where they take the course for Midshipmen in Weapons, Services or Specialists. The Naval University (UNINAV) has made it possible to endorse the studies carried out by midshipmen at the Naval Superior School, granting third-level degrees at their graduation as naval officers: Graduates in Naval Sciences for Navy officers and Graduates in Naval Logistics for officers of Supplies, degrees that contribute to their professional training and serve as a basis for them to continue their postgraduate studies and opt for fourth-level degrees.
The Midshipman, after having received academic-military training for four years at the Naval Superior School, graduated as Lieutenant of a Weapon Frigate.
The weapon officer works in his different specialties: Surface (Warships), Submarines, Naval Aviation and Marine Infantry.
- Admission of Bachelors (Ships, Submarines, Planes, Marine Corps)
- General sciences
- Other specialties, it is essential to have passed a pre-polytechnic and senecyt exam.
The Services Midshipman after having received an academic-military training for four years graduates as Ensign of a Services Frigate.
The Services officer works in administrative, financial and logistic areas, providing support to the Naval Force Units.
- Entrance of Bachelors (Financial Area)
Specialist Officers are third-level graduates from higher education institutes, legally recognized by SENESCYT and who have been recruited at ESSUNA to carry out the 6-month Specialist Midshipman Course.
The Specialist officer provides support in their different specialties (legal, medical and technical) in order to fulfill support functions in the Naval Force Units.
Ranks in the navy
- boy I year
- cabin boy II year
- Second cable
- Corporal First
- second sergeant
- First sergeant
- Petty Officer Second
- Petty Officer First
- Chief Petty Officer
- Midshipman I year
- midshipman II year
- Midshipman III year
- midshipman IV year
- frigate ensign
- frigate lieutenant
- Ship lieutenant
- Lieutenant Commander
- contra admiral
- Vice Admiral
How much do you earn in the navy?
Since members of the Ecuadorian Navy are charged in Ecuadorian dollars, the following table shows the amount earned in the Navy depending on the position
|5481 – 5560
|5242 – 5358
|4713 – 5111
|3928 – 4419
|3142 – 3541
|2618 – 2944
|2390 – 2537
|1735 – 1810
|1462 – 1548
|CHIEF PETTY OFFICER
|2618 – 2669
|2390 – 2481
|1735 – 1804
|1462 – 1643
|1254 – 1408
|1124 – 1244
|1020 – 1102
|933 – 987
Entering the Ecuadorian navy has many benefits, starting with the benefit of a good education, social security, life insurance, job stability and medical benefits for the family, among other things.
Why go into the navy?
The reason why entering the navy would be linked more than all the tastes of a person, since the training tends to be a bit forced for a person if they are not used to physical activity. But you can also acquire certain self-defense skills, know a little about the marine and naval world, in itself the reason for entering the navy is based more than anything if a person has the need to serve their country, which in this case is Ecuador.
Related articles that may interest you