for those who have Wi-Fi CNTfor those who use a WiFi network or for those who are about to purchase a WiFi network, we will indicate the passwords for How to change WiFi CNT password, as well as some additional tips to reinforce your security and take into account certain aspects when using any other WiFi network.
Requirements to change the WiFi CNT password
One of the preventive measures for the security of your personal WiFi is to regularly change the password, about once a month would be fine, to take care of those who seek to obtain it fraudulently. For this we have you:
Steps to change WiFi password
We have to take into account that when trying to change the password, the Internet broadcast will be interrupted for a brief moment, for which it is necessary to connect the modem directly to the computer or laptop that is going to be used to change the password.
- You must begin by entering the following address in the Internet search engine: http://192.168.1.1/
- Said address will take you to a window where you will be asked to enter some username and password data which should be, for user: installer; and for password: Cnt2017@adM1n
- In case you do not enter with those options you can try the following sets:
*User: installer / Password: corporation
*User: installer / Password: cnt2016admin
*User: user / Password: user
- Next, select the «Basic» option and then the «WLAN» option, in the menu that is on the side left of the screen
- There you will see the data of your router and you can change the password in «WPA pre-shared key», for one you want. We advise you to write it down somewhere safe or memorize it very well.
- Press “Submit” and reboot the modem by power cycling it.
- Finally, you must update the password on all the devices you manage since these, in the change, will not have the new password entered.
We will also leave you a video that can help you in the steps to follow:
Can you change from your cell phone?
Yeah. For those who are better at communicating with trained personnel to guide them, or do not have enough confidence or knowledge to do so by contacting a technical support number 1800-100-100 or number 100 from any cell phone or landline.
Why change the WiFi password?
The Wi-Fi network is apart from providing wireless Internet to your technological equipment as well, in its most basic function it is a device that emits a Honda signal which is capable of sending information.
This information can be provided from any of the equipment connected to it, including the Internet itself. So to avoid intruders snooping on your personal information or simply wanting a bit of the Internet without your knowledge, it is advisable to change your password from time to time, as a precaution.
Free WiFi (without a password) leads to having our Internet connection free, as well as high risks of:
- broadband decline. Related to the number of intruders connected to their devices and the use they make of the network, they can lead to preventing our equipment from connecting.
- Direct access to our connected equipment. Some infiltrator with sufficient understanding, accompanied by a security system or an inappropriate configuration, would have the power to access the devices connected to the WiFi. This would lead to having access to our personal information.
- Involvement in an illegal act. When an Internet provider is contracted through a service, it is associated with our person, assigning us an IP address that identifies us within the Internet. This leads to the fact that any illegal action done with that service will result in a priori that we were responsible.
It is our responsibility, what is done with our WiFi.
Therefore, should an insider perform illegal actions with our network, they could unfairly accuse us of being part of the breach.
WiFi network vulnerabilities
In order to get into our network, unwanted users look for a bad configuration of the security of the WiFi network. Due to the method or type of security that is used, we will offer less or more resistance to these attempts, but they could achieve what you are looking for if we present any of these characteristics below:
- Free WiFi (no password). In these times where there is a little more general knowledge on the subject, it is no longer so common to achieve it, but there are exceptions and it is possible to find a wireless network that does not require a password to access and that is easily available. Thanks to this anyone can connect. In this way, it could bring serious problems to the owner of the network and to the users who connect due to its high vulnerability.
- insufficient protection. There are routers that come by default with a security system configuration known as WEP, which with the passing of time and technological progress has been weak and insecure. With sufficiently high computer knowledge, in a few seconds you could know the keys that are used. In this case, it could be said that the level of insecurity would be very similar to that of free networks.
- WiFi with passwords Weak. You could have a competent security configuration of the WiFi network, but this would be obsolete with a weak password.
- Trust with the key that comes from the factory. If the default password of the router is left, these are public knowledge passwords since they are the ones that are used to change it over the Internet, which are clearly easy to guess.
Below we will list some useful tips to make the WiFi security of your home or office more consistent:
- Configure the most advanced security system: WPA2. We will find out the system settings and security options for encryption or WPA2 encryption with an AES encryption.
- Replace the default password. It may seem obvious, but an easy-to-detect password can knock out the hard work of a viable security system. Upper case, lower case, numbers and symbols, these are the types of characters that have to be mixed in a system of at least 12 characters.
- Replace SSID name. Regularly the SSID or name of the network comes with a setting by the manufacturers. It must be exchanged for one that does not suggest which company the router is from or any allusion to what the WiFi password consists of.
- Reform the password that gives access to the equipment configuration. When one wants to access the configuration of the equipment, it brings a default one, which comes in the documents that the router brings. Often it is very simple, such as “1234” or “admin” “user”. It is essential to change it to any other to your liking, to prevent someone from accessing the equipment settings and hacking it.
- If we will not use it for a long time, turn it off. Added to the energy savings that we will have, we will avoid hacking attempts to our connection. Therefore, if we will not be at home or in the office using the network, it is best to disconnect it.
In this way we will shield the security of our Wi-Fi connection and we will be more protected from unwanted users who want to take advantage of it.
I hope it has been helpful This information about How to change WiFi CNT password, and the security that you have to take into account when driving or connecting to a network.
Related articles that may interest you