If you live in Galicia and need to go to a medical center for a routine consultation, with a specialist or for some other reason, then you should know the Galician Health Service (SERGAS) and request a medical appointment.
For this here in Get to know the Sergas medical appointment systemwe share all the essentials.
From which are the services, How to request a medical appointment Sergas, what benefits you can obtain and where you can go to be attended. Keep reading and take note!
What is Serge?
He Galician Health Service (SERGAS) is an autonomous body located in the province of Galicia, Spain. This is the person in charge of public health care for said community as a whole.
It was created in 1989 and integrates all the health centers and services of said administration, and by directing and managing them, health care is guaranteed. This general direction of sergas is directed by the Ministry of Health, in conjunction with the Social Services of the Junta de Galicia.
What are the services they offer?
Among the many services offered and that you can request through your medical appointment sergas for the Primary Medical Caretoyou can find the following:
- Family medicine: request for consultation due to illness or issuance of prescriptions.
- Pediatrics: request for consultation due to illness, issuance of bills, age control review as part of the healthy child program.
- Nursing: request for nursing consultation, blood tests with prior authorization, age control review included in the healthy child program, and appointments for vaccines such as allergies, tetanus, etc.
- Odontology: request for dental consultations, dentistry for pregnant women, and for children or minors.
- Matron: request for consultation with a midwife, or first consultation appointment for pregnant women.
- Social work: request for medical consultations for patients within the social work system.
- Flu Vaccine: campaign periods for flu vaccination to request directly by phone.
If you require any of the care or services described above, then it is important to request your medical appointment sergas. Only then can you benefit from this system and take advantage of any of the programs already mentioned.
How to get a medical appointment?
In case of residing in Galicia and need to see a doctor, whatever the reason, it is important that you know how to request a Sergas medical appointment. This can be done online, by phone, or in person for extreme cases. Just below we will tell you each method.
- Enter the official website of sergasfair here we leave you the link. find the option «Medical Care Appointment» and click on it.
- A new screen will appear, where you must provide details of your contact information, identity, and details about your request. You will then receive a ID or digital certificate that you must present on the day of the appointment.
- If you are already a registered member, you must indicate what type of Health card you have, the identifier, and the last 4 digits of the code of the National system of health.
once you Health card is verified, proceed to indicate the details of your medical appointment and the most convenient time.
It is worth noting that if you cannot attend the day of the appointment, you must enter this same web portal and cancel or postpone the appointment. If you do not do so and do not show up for the appointment, an incident will be recorded in your file.
You can request by phone medical appointment sergas in one of its health centers, cancel, postpone or confirm an already scheduled medical appointment, or request telephone assistance from a medical specialist.
To do this you must dial the automated customer service number 902.077.333. With this line you can be attended to 24 hours a day, and 7 days a week, without interruptions.
You also have some alternative numbers where you can contact and request your Sergas medical appointment if you are located in the following provinces:
- A Coruña: 981 952 950
- Ourense: 988 398 350
- Lugo: 982 269 893
- Pontevedra: 986 806 350
Remember that at the time of contact one of these numbers for freeyou must indicate exactly the reason for your appointment request.
Although the system of medical appointments sergas It is quite advanced and the same institution encourages new and registered patients to use these platforms, there are times when you cannot wait to have an appointment.
For such cases, and only if the patient deems it necessary and urgent, he or she can go immediately to any of the Medical centers sergas. No appointment is necessary, and the medical staff still attends to those who arrive even when the appointment list is exhausted.
It is worth noting that this method often complicates medical care, the system or waiting area collapses, medical personnel sometimes cannot cope, and resources may run out faster than expected. To avoid these problems, better request your appointment! as we mentioned above.
Who is this service for?
He sergas service It is addressed to all Spanish citizens who live in or are within the autonomous community of Galicia. In fact, when applying for a medical appointment sergas via web, telephone or in person, all you have to present is your letter ID.
Of the different digital security certificates such as passport, driver’s license, professional license, or others, the ID It is the safest of all. This is due, then, to present the ID number and password, can access your personal information and with it, open or update your medical record in Sergas.
He Galician Health Service (SERGAS) has multiple medical services available to Spanish citizens, inhabitants of the autonomous province of Galicia. This through a wide hospital network and health centers responsible for prevention, care, diagnosis, drug treatment, and much more.
At the same time, sergas collects this type of information in a unique database called E-Health. In it, each patient treated in these health centers can find their medical records and even, more recently, incorporate other medical data provided by private medical centers.
With this, you can be cared for and also be in control of your medical information, how it is shared and to which public or private entities share it.
As sergas It is a wide network of health centers, from central services, integrated management, veterinary and pharmaceutical centers, among others. Even so, we will leave you a short list of its main offices:
- Administrative complex of San Lázaro, s/n. 15703 Santiago de Compostela. Phone: 881 542 734 / 881 542 747 – Fax: 881 542 722.
- Galician Agency for Blood, Organs and Tissues (ADOS). Avenida Monte de la Condesa, s/n. University Campus – 15706 Santiago de Compostela. Phone: 881 546 900 – Fax: 981 593 151.
- Galician Agency for Knowledge Management in Health (ACIS). Fernando de Casas Novoa Avenue – CNL building. Portal AB -1st floor. 15707 Santiago de Compostela. Phone: 981 555 103 -981 554 637 Fax: 981 563 012 – 981 554 824.
- Public Foundation Galician Institute of Ophthalmology. Rúa Ramón Baltar s/n – Hospital de Conxo. 15706 Santiago de Compostela. Phone: 981 534 105 – Fax: 981 951 670.
- Saude Santa Comba Center Emergency Service. Calle Lugo S/N, 15840 Santa Comba. Phone: 981818820.
- Saude Viaño Pequeno Center. Place viaño pequeno s/n, 15687 Trace. Phone: 981689191.
- Maria Josefa Pose Rodriguez Pharmacy. Traba, Nº S/N – (PK 48.5 Da Estrada A Coruña-Santacomba-Muros), 15848 Santa Comba. Phone: 981894940.
If those mentioned above are not close to your location, we leave you here he digital directory of other health centers sergas. Just indicate the type of health center you are looking for or service, and add a reference area or place. Immediately the closest centers will appear indicated along with the name, address and contact telephone number of said center.
With that said, we hope this information we share about Serga be of help and benefit to you, your family, friends and neighbors. After all, public health is a right of every citizen and the Sergas service always seeks to provide the best medical support to its fellow citizens.
But for this, as an exemplary citizen, we must also take care of this system, support it and follow its rules of use, starting by requesting your medical appointment sergas via web or phone preferably. Only then will the system continue to work optimally and without collapsing.
Related articles that may interest you