To drive a car in Spain, the driver must have prior administrative authorization issued by a Driving license. Spaniards and foreigners must be at least 18 years old.
The permit is granted to drive on public roads for two or three-wheeled vehicles up to motorized quadricycles up to 3500 kg of maximum authorized mass.
What should you do?
Steps to follow to request a duplicate driving license
- Take the police report where the theft of your meat of driving.
- Complete the duplicate of request DGT.
- cancel the rate administrative document that corresponds to the duplicate permit.
- Drivers must make an appointment in advance at the official website of the DGT.
- Validate your identification and also have all the documents that are necessary for the process.
- shipping document duplicateif the delivery of the driving license.
- Request Official Duplicate Driver’s License (duplicate request).
- rates administrative (Model 791).
- Identity and residency verification:
–ID either passport current original.
–Authorization of home for foreign in force.
- Photo Recent passport size, in color with a smooth background, from the front and without dark glasses.
- Permission of ride original.
- Take the police report where the theft of your meat of driving
- Authorization modelwhen the application is not presented by the interested party.
- representation documentin case of authorization of legal persons.
How to process the driver’s license for the first time?
At present it is essential for many people to have the driving license since it gives us more freedom to mobilize.
The process can be long and tedious but with patience you will achieve it, here we tell you everything you must do:
Find a driving school
- The first thing is to get your license at a driving school. You are going to need a car with two sets of pedals and although you have the option of doing it for free, the costs are much higher than doing the process in a driving school.
- Get the schools near your area that offer offers. The price is an important factor, for that reason we recommend that you look for offers among the school options you have so that you can compare. It is important that you are aware of how many classes there are and what is the duration.
- Look for opinions online. Currently we use the Internet to find what worries us, we recommend that you rely on these tools and seek the opinions of people who have visited driving schools.
- Request a budget. When you have already chosen some schools, visit them and ask for budgets where the number of practices is clear to you, since the person who has never used a car needs more information than one who has not previously used it.
- Choose your driving school and sign the contract. Since you already have the budgets, now select the school you are going to attend and make sure sign a contract so that the rates and conditions of the service that you will receive are established and then make the payment and that they give you the material so that you can start studying the theoretical part
- Attend theoretical classes. There are people who think that it is enough to read the material to take the exam and do not attend the theoretical classes. It is best to go to the classes you paid for as they will cover all the details you need to learn.
- Do all the test tests you can. To pass the theoretical part you can rely on the exams done previously by entering the DGT page in the section of exams. There are driving schools that have computers to take these test exams.
- Do not entertain doubts. If you have doubts regarding the questions presented, go to the teacher to resolve them since you can only have 3 errors in the test.
- When you are ready, attend the exam. We recommend that you go to the exam when you have two errors or less in the mock exams. In many cases the teacher can guide you and say what is the right time for you to present the test.
- Take the theory test. When you are ready see your exam. The date of your evaluation will be informed by your teacher. The exam is done at a DGT driver assessment center. Travel to this site is included in the cost of the course.
By passing this exam you can start the practical part. If you do not pass it, you will have one last attempt to not pass it, you will have to cancel the traffic fee costs again.
- Get to know the vehicle. After you have passed the theoretical part, it is time to start driving. That is why the first thing the teacher is going to do is take charge of teaching you what the parts of the vehicle are.
- Do the tests in traffic. The teacher will start taking you through real traffic areas and although it may seem overwhelming the teacher will make sure you are okay. We recommend that you be aware of the explanations as it will give you data and help for your exam.
- Don’t ask for help. The practice is done with a driving school vehicle.
- Wait until you are ready. Do not rush to go to the practical exam, you can ask your teacher to tell you when you are really ready to present it.
- Pass the psychometric test. In addition to the practical test you have to take a psychotechnical test. You must direct driver recognition centers to submit the test. This test is about vision, hearing, and coordination. A general health exam is also done.
- Pass the traffic test. In this exam there will be a DGT examiner who will be sitting behind you to have a session on your skills, which will be evaluated for 30 minutes. The examiner will indicate where you should go in each second, there is a time when it can give you wrong directions to test your reflexes and your knowledge. If at the end of the test everything went well in a short time you will get your driving license.
- Look for your provisional card. This card will be delivered while traffic is processing your decisive card. After a week of having presented the practical test you will have the provisional license with which you can start driving. It is worth noting that this provisional card is only valid for three months.
- Finally place the L in your car. Passing this test is considered to be a new driver. Therefore you must place the letter «L» on a green background to indicate it. The location is at the rear of the vehicle on the left side.
If you do not comply with this rule you can be penalized and in the event that you share the vehicle you must remove the symbol when you are not driving.
What is the validity?
- If you are processing a class B period, its validity is for 10 years until you are 65 years old. After the age of 65, the validity of the card is for 5 years
Where to present the procedure?
Cost of the procedure
- The cost for each permit is 92.20 Euro which is equivalent to paying a rate of 2.1
- If you are going to process the recovery of the permit by points, the cost is 28.30 Euro which is equivalent to paying the rate 2.3.
- If it is for a license, the cost is 43.7o Euro which is equivalent to rate 2.2.
As you may have noticed, the process is long but if you do it right you can get your driver’s license. Thanks for reading us!
Related articles that may interest you