For many young people, the option of joining the Spanish Armed Forces is one of the most tempting alternatives upon reaching the age of majority, often many of them are looking for an opportunity for personal and student growth.
Through the Armed Forces, many young people and adults are trained in discipline and knowledge to be able to fight for their nation.
It is important for those who aspire to enter the army that they comply with all the regulations and requirements that correspond to this training and defense center of the Spanish Republic.
Requirements to enter the Spanish army
To participate in the application process to enter the Spanish Troops and Sailors, you must meet all the requirements established by the regulations for selection for admission and promotion of the Spanish Armed Forces.
The primary and most important requirements to enter are:
- Be between 18 and 29 years of age to be able to enter any of the Military Training Teachers Centers corresponding to the area where you are.
- Those interested in joining the Armed Forces cannot have any type of tattoo that goes against the constitutional principles, nor can they have any type of piercing, inserts, rings, etc., that are visible when using the different types of uniform within the School of the Armed Forces.
- Possess Spanish nationality.
How to join the Spanish army
To enter, you must register directly. The Armed force is in charge of publishing the dates where they will be summoning the applicants.
Through the publication vacancies you can choose each cycle and function both at an academic and skill level and thus be able to select the specialty taking the choice of the vacancies with which you are identified according to the academic skill you have.
- All applicants may make their application once the appointment request is accepted, indicating the dates of the tests that must be presented to enter.
- This appointment can be made in person at the Defense Delegation of the city or region where the applicant resides, it can also be requested at the corresponding Agencies of the Ministry of Defense, Civil Guard, centers and units.
- The prior appointment may be presented in a place other than the Defense delegation, the person in charge will advance the results via FAX
Call for the army
Through this call you will be able to find a job and you will be able to improve the degree of integration within Spanish society.
To join this call you must comply with the following:
- You must be a citizen of one of the following countries: Honduras, Mexico, Costa Rica, Chile, Colombia, Peru, Ecuador, Panama, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Bolivia, Equatorial Guinea.
- You must have a valid temporary residence or stay card in Spain. Until the scheduled date to join the Military Training Center.
- Be of legal age as established by the laws of the country to be able to enter the Spanish Army School
- Not have any type of charges in their criminal record in Spain or in their country of origin.
- The levels of study or the required degree must be accredited and are equivalent to the different academic effects.
For this call you must comply with documents for the day of the presentation of the academy test that will have:
- Original National Identity Document and Copy
- Photocopy and Original Document of certified and temporary or indefinite residence in Spain
- Photocopy and Original Documents of Study or Title Documents
- If you are under 18 years of age, you must present authorization from your father.
Exams to enter the army
- Make the request: The application process is very complex since you must enter the official website of the Spanish Army, the institution in charge of executing all the applications issued by the applicants.
- Carry out the tests: These tests are necessary since they will evaluate different points of the applicants, such as knowledge in Spanish History, Mathematics, linguistic competence, Spanish Geography.
- Your ability and physical fitness: In this test, applicants will have to perform some exercises to assess their condition, exercises that have to do with forward bending, push-ups and aerobic jogging.
- Medical exam: This exam will include the evaluation of applicants in the area of traumatology, otorhinolaryngology, Oral, their Visual Acuity, Anthropometry.
- Corresponding exam by the Psychotechnical institution: Through this test, the reason why applicants want to enter the military career, their emotional stability and verify that their physical conditions are suitable to be able to carry out this career will be evaluated.
How much does a Spanish soldier earn?
The Spanish Government is one of the governments that promotes growth of young people in the Armed Forces.
Currently the Spanish Government protects the well-being of each of the students who are nominated and selected to carry out their career and obtain military preparation.
The remuneration for the soldiers of the Army, the minimum salary of a soldier currently starts can be between 900 and 1000 euros per month, the approximate base salary is mainly this, but as their academic level increases and the student goes As you rise, the salary can increase.
Modalities of the Spanish Army
Within the army in Spain we can find different modalities or categories that make it up. Within them we can mention the Navy, the Army, the Air Force, the Common Corps and Volunteer Reservists.
To begin to develop this point, we are going to explain what each of them is about below.
The Land Army: In the fifteenth century the Army of the Armed Forces was created in which the Army is part of one of its branches, becoming the branch of the Spanish Army that is currently one of the oldest.
Two years ago there was a reduction in the number of men and women that made up it, reaching up to 70,000 between those who were in the control panel and those who made up the troops. It should be noted that it is one of the branches that has undergone the most modifications.
The location of its main headquarters (Headquarters) is located in Madrid in the Palacio de Buenavista.
The army: It fulfills the function of protecting and caring for the entire maritime territory nationally and internationally together and in agreement with the external partners with whom they established alliances.
It was founded at the end of the 15th century, it is known for its management of the famous Program Budget. Its bases are located in Cartagena, Ferrol, the palms of Gran Cadefender in Rota.
The Air Force: known as the Spanish air force, with the mission of caring for, protecting, guaranteeing, defending the air territory, its integrity, as well as providing international security in agreement with foreign countries, as well as availability in case of help to preserve and maintain peace. .
The common bodies: These refer to those that with the help of the specific bodies that make up the Armed Forces, these correspond to four specifically. Their names are: The Military Health Corps, Military Intervention Corps, Military Music Corps and Military Legal Corps, they are under the Ministry of Defense. They fulfill the function of centralizing different bodies for the most effective management of security.
Volunteer Reservists: they are the type of people who enlist for a period of time as volunteers who commit to training in times of activation where they enter to develop their military capabilities, can develop a normal civilian life and respond to the call when requested in case of an emergency or special summons.
At the beginning they make a commitment that lasts three years, which has the opportunity to be renewed and opt for continuity as long as it is within the age established as a requirement.
Benefits of joining the Army in Spain
To all those citizens who make the decision to enlist and serve in the Armed Forces are beneficiaries of certain advantages, help and support on special occasions that the same institution offers you.
They have the acquisition of clothing completely free of charge.
- They will have secure accommodation according to the regime unit to which they belong since I have provided it to them.
- They have life insurance in addition to social security, plus a guarantee and protection in case of accidents.
- In the event of becoming unemployed, there are protection measures for them.
- After 5 years of service, they have support in the case of wanting to own a home or rent it.
- In the case of having a pregnancy situation, they have special measures to cover and support during, at the time of delivery and then postpartum.
- It provides support in terms of professional development, if you want to take a course for personal growth, you have special measures for it.
- If you have less than 5 years of service, you will have merit to access the Public Administration.
There are different roles within a society and this is one that requires courage and discipline that contribute to the well-being of a nation.
Related articles that may interest you