Friends, below you will find information about What is the certificate of faith of life and how is it processed?, It is a mandatory but very simple procedure, good if you are in Spain or outside of it.
The certificate of faith of life is a certificate to prove that a person is physically aliveadditionally certifies the marital status that it has, whether married, divorced, single, widowed or separated.
In the situation of request a pension or to collect itis required, because it shows that it is the pensioner who is receiving it and making use of the benefit.
The not presenting it could lead to the suspension of the benefituntil it is proven that he is actually alive, this as a way to avoid fraud or diversion of resources.
This document is also requested to process nationality or get married outside of Spanish territory, although in this case, the marital status can be justified through an affidavit from the interested party or under a notarized document.
How to get the certificate?
The way to get it is face-to-face characterattending the Civil registration closest to the home address, it is also possible before a delegationwhere the Justice of the Peace will issue the certificate.
In case there is a physical reason that prevents you the act of presence, another person can go on their behalf, demonstrating through a medical certificatewith a maximum of fifteen (15) days of being issued, the health situation that does not allow your presence, as well as any other document that justifies the situation.
In case of meeting living in a foreign country, The processing of the Certificate of Life Certificate is carried out through the Spanish consulateauthorized in the country where you are, we suggest consulting the website of the Consulate that corresponds to you, to find out hours and procedures for the process.
For the demonstration of civil status, only the document corresponding to the civil situation is necessary, for example, the marriage certificate that certifies the civil status of married.
Being a document with special characteristics, as we have said, must appear at the Civil Registry nearest, presenting:
- The original of the National Identity Document
- The Family Book if you have it
if i were physically prevented from making his presencewhoever carries out the process on your behalf must come with:
- The photocopy of National Identity Document of the representative
- The photocopy of National Identity Document of the represented
- recent medical certificate, with less than fifteen (15) days of issuance.
- Any other document that serves to justify the state of health that prevents you from showing up.
To certify marital status:
- Photocopies of the Certificates or Certificates of Marriage, Divorce, Death of the Spouse, Letter of Singlenessdepending on the case.
To apply to the Consulates you should consult the one that corresponds to it, however, in some it may be required:
- Be registered in the Consular body
- Spanish Passport or National Identity Document of Spain or the country where you are
The procedure to obtain the certificate of life in Spain is very simple:
- Locate the Civil Registry closest to home
- Introduce yourself with him National Identity Document and the corresponding documentation, as the case may be, during business hours
- Indicate to the official the reason for your presence, so that he can facilitate the application form.
- Complete the form and give it to the official
- Introduce oneself on the date indicated to withdraw the certificate of Faith of Life
What is it for?
First of all, for prove that the person is physically alive.
It also works for complete the requirements of some procedures related to Social Securityas is the case of the collection of pensions.
If you are resident in Spainmust be attentive to the communications issued by Social Security notifying the period to present the document in the places that they assign.
Spanish Social Security pensioners with residence outside Spanish territory must submit annually, within the first quarter of the year, a certificate that confirms your experiential status.
In this case, the certificate is issued by the Consulate of Spain authorized, in the country where you reside, and this will ensure that it is received by the relevant body in Spain, it is also valid the certificate issued by an official authority in the city where you are locatedthe document must be sent to the corresponding Spanish Social Security office.
Finally, the presentation of Certificate of Faith of Lifein the time established by Social Security, avoid suspension of payments of the corresponding pensions.
This document is necessary for the beneficiary to continue receiving the pension allowance, such as a guarantee for the Spanish Governmentthat the benefit is serving its purpose, As it is, provide the recipient with help or economic support, without the risk that it is diverted to other people.
Question 1: To request the Certificate of Faith of Life, should I go to the Civil Registry where the birth registration was made?
Answer 1: You can apply for the Certificate of Life Certificate at any Civil Registry, the one closest to your place of residence is suggested.
Question 2: My father is physically unable to go to the Civil Registry. What do I do?
Answer 2: You or another person you trust can represent you, attending the Civil Registry, with a copy of the Identity Document of both and a Report or Certificate that justifies your state of immobility, with issuance of less than fifteen (15) days, if you have any another document that confirms the disability present it.
main civil registries
Among the main records, we have:
- In A Coruña, we will find the one in A Coruña, located in the Plaza de Vigo with Emilia Pardo Bazán, No.24, Tlf .981185149, also ferrol located in Rúa de La Coruña, No. 55, Telf. 981337355, the one of Santiago de Compostela at the address Rúa de Viena, s/n, Telf. .981540370.
- In lugoin Armando Durán, Telf. 982294761, you can also locate the one of Chantada located in the Plaza de Galicia, Tel. 982889332; Monforte de Lemosat Avenida de Galicia, No. 48, Telf. 982889382; Sarria, in Rúa Mayor #1, Tel. 982889469.
- In the province of Ourenselocated in Velázquez, Telf. 988687009, we will also locate celanova in the Plaza de Cervantes, No. 4, Telf. 988687544, The ship of Valdeorras, on Avenida Eulogio Fernández, Tlf.988687489. of Ribadavialocated in Plaza Maior, Tlf.988470728.
- in Pontevedra, in the Avenue. Francisco Tomás y Valiente, Phone 986805767, also Sanxenxo located at Emilia Pardo Bazán, No. 3, Tlf.88620608; in Vigoaddress Calle de Lalín, #4, Tlf.986817505 and 986817504.
- In Asturiaswe will find the one of gijon in the Plaza del Dean Eduardo Ibaseta, Tlf.985175512, in Wednesday, located in Plaza Jardines del Ayuntamiento, Tlf. 985466869, in Oviedo, at Comandante Caballero, #4, Phone 985968783.
- Among the Civil Registries of the Basque Countrywe will locate in alavain Victoria Gasteiz, located at Avenida Gasteiz, No.18, Tlf.945004879.
- In Cataloniaspecifically in Barcelonawe will find badalona, Santa Barbara, No.64, Phone.934648610; in Barcelona located in Plaza Duc de Medinaceli, No.2, Tlf.934120474, the one of Sabadellat Avenida Francesc Macià, 34-36, Tower 1 Eix Macià, Tlf.937454218, in Terrassa in the Rambleta Pare Alegre, No.112, Tlf.936932911.
For more information access Ministry of Justice
If now it is easy for you to obtain it, then we managed to expand the knowledge with our guide What is the certificate of faith of life and how is it processed?avoid the run-run and get going.
Related articles that may interest you