Castilla la Mancha Health Card, It is considered one of the most demanded documents by Spanish and foreign citizens. Said document is configured as a private and personalized card that identifies the user in order to access the various benefits that it offers.
For this reason, in this article we dedicate ourselves to explaining in depth: what is the Castilla la Mancha Health Card, the necessary requirements for the application, how to obtain said card, when it expires and we end by mentioning what this type of card is for.
What is the Castilla la Mancha Health Card?
Well, before delving into the explanation of the requirements, types and services offered by the Castilla la Mancha Health Card, we must first develop the meaning of it. So this type of card It is necessary to be able to access health centers, services and benefits.
The Castilla la Mancha Health Card is configured as a personalized and individual document that identifies the patient to access the health services of the Castilla la Mancha Health Service.
In another sense, it is convenient to highlight an important aspect. And, this is an individual and non-transferable document that each member of the family must have regardless of age. In addition, it is the back, you will find the name of your doctor and necessary information.
On the other hand, it is up to us to develop in detail the function of SESCAM. Which, in a nutshell, is a public body founded on November 30, 2000 in Spain. This institution is in charge of managing health areas.
The Castilla-La Mancha Health Service -SESCAM- is the institution in charge of health management in the autonomous community of Castilla-La Mancha.
Also, and from January 2002, Castilla-La Mancha is in charge of managing health care from Social Security. In addition, Law 8/2000, of November 30, establishes the Castilla-La Mancha Health Service -SESCAM-.
The Castilla-La Mancha Health Service, As an integral part of the National Health System, it focuses on the principles of universal coverage and impartiality in access and public financing. This, in order to provide modern, effective, higher quality and close assistance.
Likewise, and since the creation of SESCAM, great interest has been placed in its security to offer a better service to its users. For this reason, it makes use of computerization in each of its centers, complying with certain security principles:
- Integrity. This principle guarantees that the information transmitted within the system is used with an impeccable level of ethics, therefore, it cannot be modified by a third party.
- Authentication. In this process, the identity of both people, whether they are patients or workers, as well as the computational procedures that are part of the communication or exchange of information with SESCAM, is verified.
- Availability. In order to maintain a high level of security, state-of-the-art information technologies have been introduced.
- In this way, it has the ability to recover the information in the event that an adverse situation arises, be it accidental, blocking, loss or intentional.
- Confidentiality. In order to keep all transmitted information protected, only authorized persons or programs can have access.
Centers of Specialties, Diagnosis and Treatments
To complete this point, and as we have mentioned, there are also Specialty, Diagnosis and Treatment Centers in the provinces. For example: CEDT of Motilla de Palancar -Cuenca-, CEDT Molina de Aragón -Guadalajara- or CEDT Illescas-Toledo-.
Currently, the Centers of Specialties, Diagnosis and Treatments provide care in: Dermatology, Neurology, Urology, Gynecology, Psychiatry, among many other areas.
Necessary Requirements to Apply for Castilla la Mancha Health Card
Generally, to obtain any type of document, entities or organizations require and demand a series of documents and requirements, in addition to the fulfillment of some steps. Apply for Castilla la Mancha Health Card is no exception.
But, there is no need to worry, because below we will list the requirements and demanded documents. However, it is essential that the person interested in applying for Castilla la Mancha Health Card is over 18 years of age.
- First of all, the applicant must not be registered or authorized to reside in Spain-
- Likewise, you must be registered with effective residence in any municipality of the Autonomous Community of Castilla-La Mancha.
- Also, you must lack sufficient financial resources.
- Not counting as recognized the condition of beneficiary-insured by any Public Administration.
- Nor can you export the right to healthcare from the country of origin.
- And, finally, not being able to access health coverage in the National Health System.
- First, a photocopy of the document proving the identity of the applicant.
- Also, a certificate of registration in any municipality of the Autonomous Community of Castilla-La Mancha.
- If the applicant resides in Madrid, you can obtain information on how to obtain this certificate by calling the number 010 free of charge.
- It is important to mention that the request for other types of documents will depend on the employment and administrative situation of the applicant.
Before concluding, we should clarify a relevant point. And it is that, once the applicant presents and carries out the procedure correctly, The Health Card will be sent to your address through the mail. Until then, you can use the ticket.
How to get the card?
Now, to give continuity to this article, it is up to us to explain in detail how to carry out or how to apply for Castilla la Mancha Health Card correctly. Likewise, it is convenient to clarify that, requesting it is quite quick and easy.
Likewise, to modify or obtain the Sescam Health Card, the applicant must be addressed in person to the Administrative Unit of your Health Center or Local Office. Once there, it is up to you to present the documentation that is requested.
Before applying for the card, you must have a Social Security Affiliation Number assigned by the Provincial Directorate of the General Social Security Treasury.
- First, the ID of the owner.
- Social Security card, including the beneficiary sheet.
- Finally, ID of the beneficiaries, if they do not have a Family Book.
Well, for our team it has been important to include the different and numerous services offered by the Castilla la Mancha Health Card. However, it is also necessary to mention that it has some disadvantages.
SESCAM’s priority is the health and well-being of its patients. Therefore, and based on this, SECAM makes quality health care available to them. Which, is made up of highly qualified professionals and a healthcare network made up of:
- 18 hospitals.
- 11 specialty, diagnosis and treatment centers.
- 204 health centers.
- and 1,116 local clinics.
It should be noted that in all these spaces various activities are developed in relation to: health care, healing, research and rehabilitation. Likewise, disease prevention and health promotion are also included within these activities.
When is the Card?
In another vein, and to give continuity, it has been important for our team to include the expiration date of the Castilla la Mancha Health Card. However, it is essential to remember that it is an individual, personalized and non-transferable document.
Now, in general, the Castilla la Mancha Health Card it has unlimited validity. However, even if it expires 4 years after its issuance, it will be renewed automatically. Pay attention to some exceptions:
- The first exception is in the case of foreigners where the validity is extinguished with the purpose of the residence permit.
- And, for foreigners under 18 years of age, the validity is:
- 18 months if you do not have a passport.
- 4 years in case of having a passport.
What is the Castilla la Mancha Health Card for?
Once the explanation of the expiration of the card is completed, we continue this article offering a brief definition about the function of the card.. Remembering that this type of card, It is necessary to be able to access health centers, services and benefits.
- Having this card allows all the patient’s health information to be collected in a single medical record.
- Likewise, it allows the correct issuance of prescriptions by the family doctor in question or pediatrician.
- Also, you can make an appointment on the Internet with your respective family doctor, nurse and pediatrician.
- In turn, this card guarantees the confidentiality of information and personal and health data.
- Finally, it identifies and accredits your right to healthcare.
- The above, both within the Autonomous Community of Castilla-La Mancha and when traveling throughout Spain.
To end our writing, we invite you to help us share the information.
See you soon!
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar