The ESTA form (Electronic System for Travel Authorization) is the application in an automated system that allows the eligibility of tourists to travel to the United States with the Visa Waiver program. All the ESTA application process is done online. This permit allows travel to the USA.
This is how all citizens of the countries that are integrated into the VWP visa waiver program must have an authorization through the ESTA form Before taking a plane to the US Get good advice by reading this article so you can have a good trip.
ESTA Form Format
The ESTA form It is the application in the Electronic System for Travel Authorization, which grants citizens of the countries that are part of the Visa Waiver Program, to request authorization to travel to the United States. See on page Web.
In order to strengthen protection measures and ensure the safety of tourists traveling to and from the United States. The ESTA form Online is a screening process that can analyze the applicant’s information and determine eligibility to travel to the United States.
All Spanish citizens must apply for ESTA to travel to the United States by air or sea.
How to fill out the ESTA form?
We suggest that before doing the ESTA form Verify that your passport is valid for more than 6 months, as well as that you have an active credit card available, it can be MasterCard, VISA, American Express and / or Diners Club. You can even pay the ESTA with the PayPal system.
The ESTA form It consists of several sections, here we give you the instructions so you can fill it out:
- Respond to the disclaimers.
- Enter your personal details.
- Personal information.
- Describe the trip information.
- Answer the readability questions.
- Request for review.
- Pay the cost of the procedure.
Then you will go to the page “Request submission“, Which is used to verify all your information. This step is by no means accidental, but indispensable: if an error is found after checking the form, it is necessary to make a new request and pay the supervision fee again.
When everything looks correct, just click on “Send request“, Pay the processing fee on the next page and voila! Once authorized, the journey can begin!
Depending on the number of requests, or if you select a file to randomly verify the information entered, the file will be in a “pending” status. But rest assured that you will receive an answer within a maximum period of 72 hours.
- The first part is intended to record all information related to the applicant’s identity.
- The second part is where the data goes passport and the applicant’s stay.
- The third is made up of a list of questions. Two answer options: yes or no. On the list: questions related to the applicant’s health statusas well as a criminal record in relation to US law.
Any traveler who makes a ESTA form You must attest that you have read all these questions carefully. For this reason, it is very important to give the answers well and with the greatest transparency.
Who Needs to Fill Out the ESTA Form?
Citizens who must fill out the ESTA form are the ones in this situation:
- You are an eligible citizen of a country of the visa waiver program .
- You currently do not have a visitor visa.
- Your trip is from 90 dayso probably less.
- You are planning to travel to the United States for possible business or recreation.
- You want to get a new authorization for a person or several people to be able to travel in a group.
What is it for?
With the authorization managed with the ESTA form, You can make several trips for up to 90 days to the United States or less time if your passport is about to expire. The ESTA is valid for 2 years and also allows you to travel to Mexico, Canada and the Caribbean.
When you already have the authorization of the IS you receive an email confirming the approval. Its approval is certified on file with the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Business travelers can request permission from the database, which contains more than 15 million companies registered in the United States, to assist you in your visit, if you require it.
What is the ESTA Form?
The ESTA form (Electronic System for Travel Authorization) is the application in an automated system, which defines the readability of applicants to be able to travel to the United States under the Visa Waiver scheme.
The entire ESTA application process is done online. This permit allows you to travel to the US for 90 days and is valid for 2 years.
Before boarding a plane to the United States, all citizens belonging to VWP countries / regions must obtain approval through IS.
What is the Visa Waiver Program?
The Visa Waiver Program (VWP) allows citizens of 38 countries to travel to the country, for business or tourism without a tourist visa.
What do i need for the ESTA form?
- Valid passport from a country linked to the Visa Waiver Program.
- List of countries with visa exemption, to find out if you belong to one of them.
- Your valid email address.
- Current address and phone number.
- Telephone and email address of the point of contact in case of emergency of the applicant.
- Method of payment: The cost of the application is $ 14.00 USD. Valid means of payment include MasterCard, VISA, American Express, Discover (JCB or Diners Club only), and PayPal.
The following information may also be required:
- Requestor’s aliases or other names.
- National identification of the applicant or personal identification number (depending on the case).
- Traveler’s Global Entry Identification Number (if applicable).
- Address and telephone number of the traveler’s employer (if applicable).
- Name, address, and telephone number of the traveler’s contact center in the US (as applicable).
How much does the ESTA Form cost?
In order to process the ESTA form you must pay the corresponding rate, currently it has a cost of 14 dollars.
How do you know if the ESTA is approved?
This is rare, but after paying online, you may receive a response, although it generally takes up to 72 hours for the system to issue your authorization.
If you want to verify if you have been approved the ESTA, you can enter the website and in the line Verify application in process enter your application number, passport number and also date of birth. You will see three probable answers:
- Approved authorization.
- Autorization remaining.
- Unauthorized travel (this does not mean that you cannot enter the United States but, if it is urgent to do so, you will have to go to the United States Embassy closest to your residence, to reconsider or request another visa model, either be it for business, or as a student.
When do I need to apply for my ESTA?
You can request IS at any time before traveling to the United States. The Department of Homeland Security recommends making the request at least 72 hours before the trip.
What questions must be answered on the ESTA form?
We present you some of the seven questions, similar to those that you had to answer before this form on the green form that was given to you on the plane.
- Suffers of an infectious disease, physical or mental, or are you addicted to drugs?
- Have you ever been arrested or convicted of crimes involving moral corruption or violation of controlled substances; have been convicted of two or more crimes with a total sentence of five years or more; or have you been in a controlled substance distribution business ?; Or do you want to participate in criminal or unethical activities?
- Have you ever been or are you involved in espionage or sabotage; or engaged in terrorist activities: o genocide; or between 1933 and 1945, were you involved in any quest related to Nazi Germany or its allies?
- Are you planning to find work in the United States? Or have you been barred and deported, or have you been deported from the United States before, or have you sought or attempted to obtain a visa or enter the United States due to fraud or perjury?
- Have you ever delayed or prevented the custody of a child from a United States citizen who has obtained custody of that child?
- Have you ever been denied a US visa or entered the US or had a US visa canceled?
- Have you ever claimed immunity from prosecution?
What are the visa waiver program countries?
If you are a citizen or national of one of the Visa Waiver Program countries listed below, you are then eligible to apply for admission under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP). Learn more about the eligibility requirements. See page Web.
- Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Chile, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland.
- France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania.
- Luxembourg, Republic of Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal.
- San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Kingdom.
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar