The Form for Nationality by Residence is the document by means of requesting the granting of Spanish nationality, by residence it is requested that you have lived ten years in this country.
Five years will be required for the foreigner who is under refugee status, and two years for individuals from Ibero-American countries such as Andorra, the Philippines, Equatorial Guinea or Portugal or Sephardim. Learn more about this interesting topic below.
Format of the Form for Nationality by Residence
Management can be face-to-face or electronics at all stages. The procedure is directed by the General Directorate of Registry and Notaries.
However, until June 30, 2017, there is a transitional system that allows all applicants for Spanish citizenship to register in any civil registry, with or without a prior appointment, or by way of electronics, that is, in paper or electronic format.
From the moment the nationality is shown electronically, the file number is generated.
It is important to note that in the case of an application submitted with the assistance of a volunteer representative, you must always attach the corresponding authorization letter. You can download the Format of the Form for Nationality by Residence in this link.
Documents required for the application for adults:
- Standard application form In the case of face-to-face delivery at headquarters, it is supplanted by the online form.
- Foreigner Identity Card. Family card of a citizen of the European Union, Certificate of the Central Registry of Foreigners, or of the Union Citizen Registry.
- Passport full and in force of the country of origin.
- Certification of birth of the interested party, correctly translated and legalized.
- Criminal record certificate from your country of origin, correctly translated and legalized, with the provisions of existing international conventions or consular certificate of conduct issued on the basis of consultation with the respective authorities of the country of origin.
- Marriage registration in case of being married.
- Voucher of the fee payment.
- Criminal record, issued by the authority of the Central Registry of convicts. You can replace it with the permission to consult the Ministry of Justice issued in the application form.
- Certificate of registration. You can supply by the authorization of the council of the Ministry of Justice assigned in the application form.
- Diplomas of the Cervantes Institute of the constitutional and sociocultural knowledge assessment (CCSE), and the Spanish language assessment test (DELE). You can replace it with the authorization to consult the Ministry of Justice assigned in the application form.
- In the case of individuals who are nationals of a country in which Spanish is the official language, they are free to take the DELE exam, in accordance with the Nationality by Residence Regulations, valid passport or certificate of nationality that certifies the exemption.
- Also, knowledge of the Spanish language may be justified by providing official certificates of learning Spanish as a foreign language.
Filling in the Form for Nationality by Residence
Here are the steps to fill out the Format of the Form for Nationality by Residence:
- The document must be filled out by typewriter or handwritten in capital letters, without amendments or erasures.
- Do not write in the lines assigned to the dotted boxes at the beginning.
Data of the interested party
- Fill in the fields set with the data of the person in need of nationality by residence.
- Nationalities that are exempt from DELE: Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Equatorial Guinea, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Uruguay and Venezuela.
- The “Child of” and “And of” fields are used to denote the names of the parents.
Address for notifications
- In the event that the locality is an entity lower than a municipality, its name (council, district, village, neighborhood, parish, hamlet, etc.) is indicated, when required for its correct identification. The names are written in full and without abbreviations.
- In the “email” field, it should be noted in lowercase if applicable. Select the appropriate box with an “X”, if you receive electronic information through an active email address.
Legal representative data:
- The “legal form of the representative” indicates whether the person filling out the form is the legal guardian or is an organization that has the guardianship of the applicant.
- The other sections are filled with the contact details of the legal representative, without damage to its legal form.
Data of the representative with mandate or power
- Fill in the same as the previous section.
- Those individuals who are the representative of the interested party in function of an activity that requires compulsory membership, will be subject to interact with the Ministry of Justice by electronic means.
Situation of the interested party
- Select the corresponding condition with an “X”.
- General case: citizens who have 10 years of legal residence in Spain, or who are subject to some of the abbreviated periods of residence named in article 22.1 of the Civil Code (two years for nationals of origin from Ibero-American countries, Andorra, Philippines, Equatorial Guinea , Portugal or Sephardim).
- Born in Spanish territory: people born in Spanish territory, who have been legally resident in Spain for at least one year, continuously and immediately prior to the application.
- Those who have not exercised the right to choose: that they comply with the requirement of at least one year of residence in Spain legally, continuously and immediately prior to this application and have been included in one of the following cases, without having exercised the power to choose:
- Due to the decision of filiation or birth in Spain, it has occurred after the age of eighteen.
- That has been adopted by a Spaniard, already being over 18 years old.
- They may be or have been subject to the parental authority of a Spaniard, or their father or mother would have been originally Spanish and born in Spain, and who have not made the right to choose once they have reached 20 years of age. They must also comply with the precautions of good civic conduct and a suitable degree of integration.
- People who have been under guardianship, custody or non-provisional foster care by a Spanish citizen or institution for two consecutive years. You also need at least one year of legal residence in Spain, continuously and immediately after the application.
Another situation of the interested party
- Married with Spanish: citizens who have been married to a Spaniard for a year when making the application and have not been legally or de facto separated. You need at least one year of legal residence in Spain, followed and immediately after the application.
- Spanish widower: widower (a) of Spanish (a), if at the death of the spouse there is no legal or de facto separation. At least one year of legal residence in Spain is requested, continuously and immediately after this request.
- Spanish descendant: born outside of Spain to a father or mother, grandfather or grandmother, of origin they have been Spanish. At least one year of legal residence in Spain is required, continuous and followed after the application.
- Sephardic: those who have Sephardic status. In this case, it will take 2 years to legally reside in Spain, continuously and immediately after the application.
- Refugees or stateless: who has the status of refugee, who is required a period of 5 years of residence, or wanderer, who is asked the general term of 10 years of legal residence, continuous and then before the request.
Data relating to the application
- Select with an “X” your approval, in the automatic verification of the four data issued. This frees you from having to deliver the relevant documents.
- Mark with an “X” the items attached to the application.
- In the line “other documents” describe those that do not appear on the list and attach them.
- Documents to be attached to the application for adults, if applicable.
- Documents that must be attached to the application of minors in any case.
- Over 14 years old, but under 18 years old, not emancipated or with judicially modified capacity that can work for themselves under the protection of their legal representative.
- Complementary documents to be delivered in specific cases.
What is it for?
The main benefit of Form for Nationality by Residence is to obtain Spanish citizenship is to obtain all the rights of EU citizens, which allows you to live and work freely in any EU country without a visa or permit.
As well as being able to study at a European university at a favorable price, pass your nationality to your children and spouse, and be able to occupy academic positions in all European universities under the protection of the European consulate.
Who should process it?
- The interested party, by himself, as long as he is over 18 years of age or is independent.
- The older than 14 years, protected by his legal representative.
- In this case, the legal representative of the person under 14 years of age.
- The individual with the legal capacity varied by himself or with the legal representative of the same, according to what the incapacitation sentence agrees.
What is the Form for Nationality by Residence?
The Form for Nationality by Residence It is the document through which nationality is requested, which is the legal bond that unites people and the country, and has the double meaning of being a basic right and constituting the legal status of people.
Through this relationship, an individual enjoys the rights that he can claim before his own national organization, which in turn allows him to fulfill a series of duties and obligations.
Acquisition, retention and loss of Spanish nationality in accordance with the law.
One of the fundamental requirements to obtain citizenship is residency, it is that the person is legal and lives in Spain during ten years in a row and after the request. In some cases, the required period of residence is shortened.
Furthermore, stakeholders must demonstrate good civic behavior and fully integrate into Spanish society. More information here.
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar