People wonder how to write an invitation letter to receive a foreign relative or friend who wants to travel to Spain. In this article we show you how you can access the Form to Issue a Letter of Invitation.
Actually, the Invitation Letter should not be written by the person who makes the invitation abroad, through a private document. Keep reading and dispel any doubts you may have about it.
Learn how to fill out the application form correctly and the usefulness of this application. Without further ado, proceed to reading this interesting article.
Format of the Form to Issue a Letter of Invitation
The Format of the form to issue a Letter of Invitation must be requested at the National Police Station of the jurisdiction where you reside. It is this institution that is competent to process and issue the Invitation Letter, according to the established format.
The obligatory nature of the invitation letter is established in accordance with Order PRE / 1283/2007.
To do it download the form, you can do it in: Invitation Letter Request.
As established in article 25.1 of Organic Law 4/2000 of January 11 on rights and freedoms of foreigners in Spain, it states that a foreigner to enter the country must present the corresponding documents that justify and determine the purpose and conditions of the stay in the country.
Similarly, article 8.2b) of Royal Decree 557/2011 establishes that for tourist or private trips, foreigners must present the following documentation:
- You must have the Hotel Reservation of preference paid in full.
- In addition, it is essential that you have the invitation letter.
The invitation letter is totally mandatory for foreigners to enter Spain.
How to Fill Out the Form to Issue a Letter of Invitation?
To make the correct completion of the form of the Form to Issue a Letter of Invitation, you must follow the recommendations in this article to the letter.
Whoever wishes to obtain the invitation letter in favor of a foreign guest, You must go to make the request at the Police Station of the place of residence, for the processing and subsequent issuance.
The form to issue an invitation letter must be completed as follows:
- In the section 1, must go all invitee data such as the name, surnames, place and date of birth, nationality, the number of the identity document or passport if it is Spanish.
- Also, the identity card if it is a foreigner or the foreigner’s identity number. Likewise, when you do not have Spanish nationality, you must also indicate the address or place of residence.
- Likewise, in the application or form to issue an invitation letter, the will to invite and host the person invited must be clearly expressed. It can be at the main address or at another location that you must clearly determine. This should be reflected in the section 2.
- In addition, you must Attach the documentation that proves the availability of the home. It can be done through the public deed or property title, lease or similar agreement according to the legislation. You must carry the original and the copy.
- If the case is one rental housing, must bring original and copy of the contract of lease where it indicates the surface or distribution of the same. Now, if the contract has been signed for more than a year, then provide a public service receipt that shows stability in the home.
- On the other hand, if several owners or tenants appear in the Property Deed or in the rental contract, the identification documents must be consigned. Also, an authorization signed by them that they agree to the processing of the invitation letter.
- Also, the relationship or bond that is maintained with the guest.
- In the section 3 of the form must be expressed guest details, the names, surnames, date and place and country of birth, nationality. Additionally, you must specify the place of residence or domicile and passport number.
- Likewise, the visit period, specifying the first day and also the last.
- In addition, something very important is that at the time of signing the form and stating that all the information exposed is real.
Usefulness of the Form to Issue a Letter of Invitation
The Form is very useful, since many ask themselves how to make the invitation letter, what data they should include, among other concerns.
The Invitation Letter cannot be prepared by the invitee or host by means of a private document, nor can it be done by a public document before a Notary Public to validate the letter and record the intention to make the invitation to a foreigner by document public.
The only way to obtain an invitation letter for a foreigner to enter Spain is Make the request at the corresponding National Police Station.
It is through a Invitation letter authorization request template that a foreigner can be invited to visit Spain. With the correct filling of the form and indicating absolutely all the requested information and offering truthful information.
That is why this application form or model facilitates the process and avoids inconveniences in the management of an invitation from a foreigner. Likewise, it makes known the inconveniences of facilitating the entry of a foreigner to Spain.
Who should process it?
The Invitation Letter form must be requested by the invitee or host. It means that it is the Spanish or foreign person with legal residence in Spain who is going to receive and host the invited foreigner at their home.
The request form for the invitation letter can be requested by the following persons:
- The Spanish citizens.
- Also they nationals of member countries of the European Union or the beneficiaries of the community regime.
- Also, Non-EU foreigners who have their legal residence in Spain. In other words, they are foreigners who are not nationals of one of the countries of the European Union, the European Economic Area or Switzerland.
Warnings in the Form
At Form to request the Letter of Invitation, the applicant must state that he is aware of the warnings that appear at the end of the form.
It is important that the host knows that all the information will be incorporated into the ADEXTRA computer file of the General Directorate of the Police. Therefore the host must declare that all the information supplied is real.
Regarding the Warnings that appear in the application form, they are the ones mentioned below:
- According to Spanish Penal Code, this classifies it as a crime in its Article 318. This article states that whoever facilitates or promotes, directly or not, illegal trafficking or also illegal immigration of people bound for Spain or another country of the European Union, will be punished with a penalty ranging from four to eight years in prison.
- Similarly, Organic Law 4/2000 dated January 11, on the rights and freedoms of foreigners in Spain and their social integration indicates: that it is a serious offense to promote in some way the illegal stay in Spain of a foreigner.
- If the legal entry was through an invitation and this person is still in charge of the host, after the expiration of the allowed period of authorization.
- The sanction to be carried out will depend on the case, the circumstances are taken into account personal and family members who attend.
- It is cataloged from very serious offense the fact of induce, promote, facilitate or favor for profit the clandestine immigration process of individuals in transit or destined for Spanish territory. Likewise, regarding the permanence in the Spanish territory.
- Clandestine immigration can be sponsored individually or by belonging to a group or organization. It is these groups that carry out the process with individuals in transit or whose destination is the Spanish territory.
- Likewise, the penalties are stipulated from 501 to 10,000 euros. Also, from 10,001 to 100,000 euros or expulsion from the national territory, with the prohibition of entry for a period of up to five years. All this according to the provisions of articles 53, 54, 55 57 of the aforementioned Organic Law.
- The identification data, passport number, nationality, residence of the guest and of the foreigner, are incorporated into the file of the General Directorate of the Police.
Later, the rights of access, rectification and cancellation can be exercised before the General Commissariat for Immigration and Borders. This as established in Organic Law 15/1999 dated December 13, where it stipulates the protection of personal data.
What is the Form to Issue a Letter of Invitation?
The Form for the request for issuance of a Letter of Invitation is an instrument that facilitates the preparation of said letter in accordance with the provisions of current regulations.
It is a document through which a Spaniard or foreigner who legally resides in Spain, requests the accommodation of a foreigner at their domicile for a period of no more than 90 days.
It is a way to make the commitment and take care of the foreigner during his stay in the country. The Invitation Letter is one of the essential requirements for those tourists who are not subject to the community regime. This according to the regulations of Law 4/2000 on the rights and freedoms of foreigners in Spain.
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar