How to know if a building passed the ITE? Many may ask this question, since, by not knowing the inspection procedure, it is impossible to confirm the buildability of any home.
For that reason, in the following article we explain everything related to it building control, so you can take your forecasts and successfully pass the ITE.
How to know if a building passed the ITE
The Technical Inspection of Buildings (ITE), is a regular control that some buildings undergo from time to time.
In the case of owning a home, it is mandatory that you pass through this from time to time control type.
At the time of being carried out, it is normal that it is unknown if the building passed the ITE, since it is a process that takes into account many factors, especially the buildability of the house.
But, this process is fast and easy to understand. There are several ways that allow check its operation before the time allotted for the renewal of the same expires.
Therefore, in the next point, the steps to follow to know if a building has successfully passed the ITE are described.
How to Know if a Building Passed the ITE: Steps to Follow
The steps to follow To confirm if a building has passed the ITE, they are the following:
- Gather all the information related to the state, property and even modifications that the building to be evaluated has undergone.
- Enter the website of municipality or administration that corresponds to the locality. In Madrid, it is possible to access through this link. Similarly, people who live in Barcelona can access the website at this link.
- Find the option that allows you to check the status of the Technical Building Inspection.
It is preferable to attend town hall offices nearest, in order to guarantee reliable information and receive advice on this procedure.
Since this way, you get more information accurate and reliable.
How to Know if a Building Passed the ITE: Requirements to Pass
It is necessary for the building to comply with two requirements To pass the ITE inspection, the following list specifies which ones are:
- The home must have more than forty years to be built. In some cases it can be forty-five, maximum fifty.
- The building must be in an optimal state, thus meeting the standards of safety and quality.
When confirming that everything is in order, we proceed to inspect the facilities to finish the process. It is important to monitor the due date for the inspection, because there is the possibility of legal problems the longer the delay time.
It should be noted that there are buildings that are excluded from the check of the ITE, which are:
- Homes that have a report of declaration of ruins in force state approved.
- Those buildings with occupancy license that have undergone rehabilitation, maintenance and integral changes in the infrastructure.
- The buildings they own current certificate of occupancy. In some cases where ITE approval cannot be obtained, tax penalties will most likely be assigned as imposed by the community council.
Apart from this, it is important to consider the following information
- Just by checking the final certificate of habitability it can be verified if a building has passed to the ITE without any inconvenience. If it could not be obtained, as a last option you can attend town hall nearest to verify the certificate.
- It is essential to monitor the term of validity of the process, since, if the building exceeds this time, it is most likely that a fine and various penalties that will affect the streamlining of the same in the future.
The sanctions range from mortgage restriction, even the impossibility of selling a property.
- The easiest method to find out the age of a dwelling, is by checking the date found in the cadastre (census).
- In some situations, the building only needs to meet the visual checkl during the process. To better understand how this option works, it is possible to consult the Article No. 19 of the Conservation Ordinance.
How to Know if a Building Passed the ITE: Obligation
Upon reaching the deadline, It is mandatory that the ITE inspection be carried out, to the homes. Therefore, a series of obligations and requirements that help pass the visual checkup.
However, these regulations are sometimes often forgotten. So stop avoid conflicts, it is important to follow the assigned obligations in strict order.
The first one is to have possession of the services of a professional.
In this way, it is possible to know which are the faults that the building has in its structure and function to make subsequent modifications.
The faults most of the time are: leaks, low quality of infrastructure, damage to electricity and water services, among others.
The property evaluation, begins by checking the stock of these problems, in addition to checking places such as roofs, facades and cleaning areas.
To continue with the process, a document must be authorized where the owner agrees with the evaluation, in the same way it is necessary to do some legal procedures.
By obtaining the verification, the owner will have access to all the benefits granted by the check, it is worth mentioning that a official institution or the town hall are the only ones public entities who are in charge of validating it.
Finally, it is important to mention that the main functionality of the ITE, is to ensure the safety of the population and prevent unfortunate accidents.
The most common accidents consist of malfunctions or maintenance of a property. For example: damage to elevators, deterioration of the roof, walls in poor condition, gas leaks, old pipes, among others.
ITE Unfavorable or Failed
IF a situation occurs where the ITE test, it is because they did not follow the recommendations that were exposed in previous points. Above all, when problems are not solved problems on the roof waves leaks in the infrastructure.
However, there are other reasons why the result of the ITE is negative, but most of them are solvable.
Just by hiring specialized personnel in infrastructure arrangement, the repair of the home can be carried out in a short time and the ITE check can be repeated.
But going back to the topic of failed ITE, here are some situations that you should prevent at all times.
- Fail in responsibility and care of real estate, as this causes the most common administrative problems. In addition, if the same is fulfilled, the end result is obtaining a good guarantee in case of natural accidents like earthquakes.
- Not have the building documentation At the time of the check, if there is no data on it, it is most likely that the Technical Building Inspection will reject the check request.
To get these documents, the citizen must go to the nearest town hall and expose their situation.
- Own false housing documentationThis can lead to big problems that can lead to fines or lawsuits. It is advisable to keep the data in a safe and easy to remember place.
- Not being sure about the modifications that were made to the home, if you do not have the knowledge of this information, it is likely that the check-up procedures give some kind of error for the lack of details.
Always, try to review the papers on the building maintenance. In any case, there is always the option of consulting with the town hall.
What is the ITE?
The ITE or Technical Inspection of Buildings It is an evaluation that is carried out depending on how many years a building owns.
It must be carried out through a technician (either an architect or another specialist) authorized by the city council who can analyze the structure of a building and check if it is in optimal conditions.
The Technical Building Inspection follows the regulations corresponding to the Law No. 8 of June 26, 2013.
This conforms the standards for rehabilitation, renovation and regeneration of urban dwellings.
The Law establishes that, after a property reaches a certain age (which varies from municipality to municipality), it must be evaluated at least every ten years that the building is in good condition to continue to be used or inhabited.
This prevents buildings that are a danger to the people who make it up or their surroundings from continuing to operate.
Knowing the functions of the ITE, we realize that we must maintain the homes that are owned in good condition, otherwise, they may be caused fiscal and financial problems, being a hard blow to anyone’s pocket.
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar