More than one person has dreamed of flying, a dream that has surely been heard in many children. Today, this dream can come true thanks to advances in technology, so read these requirements to be an airplane pilot and fly through the air.
What is an Aircraft Pilot?
It is more than clear that one of the means of transport that man has created has been the plane, even the vast majority of people have traveled by this means for different reasons. Well these fabulous machines do not handle themselves completely, they need a person to move them.
With what has just been mentioned above, it can already be concluded that an airplane pilot, is that person who has the ability to handle an airplaneFor this reason, anyone who wants to be a pilot has to train to be able to handle this machine.
So anyone who is recognized as a pilot already knows what he can do, besides being pilots not only fly an airplane for the love of the art of piloting, it is also a profession where the priority is to move passengers or cargo from one point to another. Sure this is the main function, but a pilot takes care of many things to achieve the main objective.
With this, it is clear what it is to be a pilot, so for what you want to have this profession you only have to gather the requirements to be an airplane pilot.
What are the functions of an Aircraft Pilot?
So far it is already clear what the main function of a pilot is, but from it several functions derive that are solely the responsibility of this professional, which must be done fully to have a successful trip.
Well, not to write more than necessary, below we will mention everything that the airplane pilot has to do:
Carry out the cleaning of these packages
This is the information that should go in the flight log which is like the travel history.
- Give flight instructions to the crew.
- Organize the procedures that have to be carried out for the take-off and landing of the plane.
- Keep the crew informed about what is happening in the aircraft and while the trip is being carried out.
Verify together with the engineers all the systems before taking off
This means that the pilot has to be aware of how the plane is before making the flight, which is the following:
- Ensuring that all aircraft components are working properly.
- Supervise that the number of passengers and the load add up to the indicated weight that the plane can support.
- Measure that the amount of fuel to use, the one indicated for the flight they are going to make.
- If the plane has any fault, you have to inform the corresponding engineers.
Pilot the plane
It is the main function of an aircraft pilot, which to better understand what it is about is based on this:
- Follow the steps that have to be carried out to take off, which begins by turning on the engines.
- In case it merits to use the instruments when in flight there is low visibility.
- Fly the plane only on the established routes.
- Use controls and follow protocol when there is turbulence.
- Check the operation of the engines, fuel consumption and other components of the aircraft.
- Always be in contact with the control tower.
- Manipulate the airplane at the correct speed and altitude to form.
- Make the announcements in the corresponding times.
- Prepare for landing, following the corresponding steps.
- If necessary, redesign the route and flight pattern.
Keep in touch control towers
To keep in touch with the control tower, refer to the following:
- Request authorization to take off and land the plane.
- Keep the control tower informed about the location and status of the aircraft.
- Have contact with the other aircraft to arrange movements.
Last thing you can’t stop doing is always keep the flight log updated, Book that has to be delivered at the end of the flight.
For all that has just been mentioned, the person who is going to dedicate his life to piloting airplanes, has to comply with the requirements to be an airplane pilotas it has many responsibilities to cover.
What are the types of Airplane Pilots?
Impressive everything a pilot has to do that is not only, flying an airplane from one point to another, under the responsibility of the same there are many things.
Although the functions and responsibilities of a pilot are the same, there are several types of pilots, which are based on what they have to transport or how is the type of trip.
Private Airplane Pilot
They are those pilots who engage in trips that are not based on commercial exploration, are the first trips that aircraft pilots make to get to work in an airline.
Pilots traveling in small planes or private charter planes, which not all belong to the airline and are mostly trips of senior executives and business owners. These pilots who do these types of trips are commercial pilots.
Airline Transport Pilot
These pilots are the ones who fly the planes used by the airlines, which are the companies that make the trips that people buy when they want or need to take a plane trip.
What are the requirements to be an Aircraft Pilot?
After knowing what a pilot is, what its functions are and the types that exist, now it is time to know the requirements to be an airplane pilot, so those who want to pilot an aircraft have to comply with the following:
- Have no trouble communicatingas you always have to be in contact with the control tower, passengers and crew.
- Be able to work in a team and have leadership, something important since he has to work with a crew, assign and coordinate tasks, as well as work with a co-pilot.
- Being able to control your own stress and have the ability to make decisionsThis is due to the possible emergency situations that you have to assume, where you have to remain calm, make decisions quickly and above all concentrate on all the activities you are doing.
- Mastering basic math facts, this way you can have precisely how much fuel the plane will need for the trip, measure and trace the travel routes.
- Have knowledge in aeronautical and mechanical engineering, so you can know how the aircraft systems work, repair any minor failure that the aircraft has in the event that it deserves it.
- Be an honest person, with integrity and be trustworthy.
How much do the courses cost to become an Aircraft Pilot?
The price of the courses to be a pilot, it is a compliment that the interested party has to know directly with the agency that is in charge of dictating this type of course, you only have to choose the airline or failing that the academy that is dedicated to dictate these courses, since each one places the price they consider correct.
It is worth noting that these types of courses are not economical at all, you also have to take a theoretical class and another practice. On the other hand, the value of the course prices varies according to the demand of students, the cost of fuel.
On Ab-Initio The cost of the course will be € 60,000 to € 110,000, everything will depend on the type of plane and the pilot course that the student chooses, also in the course it includes the books with what is studied and what the student needs. This and more can be given depending on the course that the person who wants to be a pilot is going to take.
What are the benefits of being Aircraft Pilots?
On the one hand, it is necessary to mention the benefits that a person has just for being airplane pilots, which promises to make the job of a pilot one of the best. These are the benefits:
- The salary is better than that of the most common jobs.
- Medical insurance can be even international, depending on where the pilot is going to work.
- You have high chances of improving your professionalism, all thanks to the innovation of new technologies.
- Having the option of living in the safest places, although it will also depend on where you are going to work.
With this information you can already make the decision whether or not to be a person who handles aircraft, just read carefully the requirements to be an airplane pilot and see if they fit your personality to do this kind of work.
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar