You have come to the right place if you are looking for advice and help because you want to enter the University. In the Requirements to Enter the University, you will find the information you need.
Spain has excellent higher education centers, it is characterized by having magnificent universities. So you have to read everything related to the subject and collect all the documentation and meet the requirements that are demanded.
Now you must follow all the recommendations in this article on the subject of Universities to the letter, and invite your family and friends so that together they can make the best decision.
What are the Requirements to Enter the University in Spain?
Starting with the Requirements to enter the University, It can be found that there are general entry requirements and they are the following:
- The applicant to enter the University must have the Bachelor’s degreeThis is an essential and mandatory requirement of course, in addition to being part of the admission process of any institution that provides higher education in Spain.
- In addition, you must take the selectivity test or University entrance exam (PAU) and obtain the score required for admission to higher education institutions. This test is compulsory in all university institutions.
- In the case of foreign the first thing to do is homologate high school studies. This step is carried out before the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sports of Spain.
- If the foreigner already has a university degree and what he is trying to do is carry out postgraduate studies, either a master’s degree or a doctorate, the procedure is not complex.
Documentation Needed to Enter the University
I agree with you Requirements to enter the University, The documents required by the Universities in Spain for admission are part of the essential steps to comply with avoiding future inconveniences due to non-compliance and are those mentioned below:
- Present the identification document.
- Deliver the document with the certified high school grades.
- Record the University Admission Test (PAU) card.
- Carry out the pre-registration.
Admission Tests to Enter the University
Continuing with the Requirements to enter the University, it is necessary that universities have their own admission processes in addition to those already mentioned and that they are general.
A large number of private universities take the selectivity test as part of a series of requirements that they demand for admission within their own process. Additionally, they perform internal admission tests.
Private higher education institutions are independent in this regard, they have their own criteria in this regard. The tests that are made are to measure the skills, knowledge, aptitudes, languages and evaluate the psychotechnical part of the applicant.
Likewise, they conduct personal interviews with applicants to enter higher education and are part of the steps for entry.
Since 2014, all foreign students who intend to carry out higher studies in Spain are exempt from taking the test called the University Access Test (PAU). This Test is mandatory for Spanish applicants.
This measure allows foreigners to be given admission facilities to public universities, but private universities maintain their advantage of setting their own requirements and putting admission tests related to topics and subjects related to the type of degree.
The admission processes therefore encompass several aspects:
- The result of the admission tests.
- Another is the knowledge of languages.
- Stays abroad.
- Extracurricular activities.
- Likewise, the interview that the university does with the applicant.
Additionally, private higher education institutions take into account the grades that the student has and average them with the result of the test. In the case of postgraduate studies, the candidate and academic training are evaluated.
It should be clear that the admission process of public and private universities is different. Public higher education institutions make the decision mathematically based on the entrance grade, private universities do so taking into account other aspects.
Both public and private institutions require that the requirements be met, pass the selectivity test if they are coming from high school.
In the case of private universities, personal interviews, knowledge tests, psychotechnical exam and English test are usually carried out. The knowledge tests are based on the topics covered in high school.
The knowledge test varies according to the career you want to study. However, there are universities that carry out general tests for entry to any career.
According to experts in the field, the admission process of universities tries to identify the qualities necessary to get the best out of the institutions.
Not only is the results of the tests important, but the trajectory of the applicant is also very important.
Continuing with the Requirements to enter the University, the University Access Test (PAU) or Selectivity Test.
This test is typical of the University Education system in Spain. The Selectivity Test is a test that applicants take to enter university studies in Spain. It is an essential test in the requirements to enter the university.
This test is not the only one you must face. As mentioned before, it all depends on the institution you intend to enter.
The University Access Test is divided into:
- General Phase, It is mandatory and consists of four exercises. The areas are Spanish Language and Literature, Foreign Language (with languages such as English, Italian, French and Portuguese), Spanish History or History of Philosophy (at this point the student can choose) and a second year of high school subject of the student’s choice. .
- The Specific Phase, It is optional, the student can decide whether to do it or not according to their study objectives. This phase includes subjects not included in the General Phase. It is related to the study program that the student wants to do at the university.
Applicants to enter higher education can take the Selectividad as many times as they want. Sometimes students repeat the test to obtain a higher grade, due to the requirement of a certain grade to enter to study the career of their choice.
Take into account that the number of places offered by universities is below the number of students who aspire to access them. For this reason, certain grades are required and vary according to the institution and the career each year.
There are careers that require a high grade, while others are not so restrictive, then the admitted students are many more.
The Selectivity Test carries out two calls per year. One takes place in June and is the ordinary one. The second call is aimed at those who failed to pass the test on the previous occasion, or for those who want to increase their qualification.
The place to take the test depends on the university institution. It usually takes place in a university center, close to the high school.
Access for Over 25 Years
I agree with you Requirements to enter the University, not only young people who have just left high school can enter higher education.
Adults over 25 years of age can enter through an alternative method of the Selectivity Test, even though it is quite similar-
The essential requirement is that you must have reached the age of 25 prior to October of the year in which you take the test. This test is also divided into two phases: the general and the specific.
The general phase It is made up of three exercises:
- The first exercise consists of preparing a text related to a current topic.
- The second exercise is focused on the Spanish Language.
- The third is based on a foreign language, it can be English, German, Italian, Portuguese or French.
- There will be a fourth year in the Autonomous Communities with another co-official language.
The specific phase It is made up of five branches of knowledge:
- Also, Health Sciences.
- Likewise, Social and Legal Sciences.
- Engineering and architecture.
- Arts and Humanities.
The student must do two exercises corresponding to areas of knowledge related to the career to study. The call for this test is carried out once a year, by each institution that has this selection method.
Best Universities in Spain
If you want to study at one of the best universities in Spain, here we have the appropriate suggestions for the 10 best public universities in Spain.
Of the private ones there are a great number that stand out for different qualities.
- The University of Barcelona located in the world ranking among the first 200. It is one of the universities with the most students in Spain. Also, the Autonomous University of Barcelona.
- The Polytechnic University of Madrid, is one of the best for students who aspire to pursue a career in Engineering. It has a double seal of International Excellence. Likewise, the Autonomous University of Madrid, is one of the main universities in the country and one of the best for the career of Law.
- On the other hand, there is the Complutense University of Madrid, has one of the largest university campuses in Spain. It is one of the top 100 universities in Europe.
- The University of GranadaIt is the best in Andalusia and it is one of the most prestigious in Europe.
- The Polytechnic University of Catalonia, is one of the best for math studies.
- Also, there is the University of Valencia, is the best in Spain to study Medicine.
- Likewise, the polytechnic university of Valencia, has numerous agreements with other universities.
- Also, the Pompeu Fabra University in the province of Catalonia. It has been first in the ranking of Spanish universities. It has a large number of teachers who come from abroad. If you want to consult the ranking of universities, do the query.
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar