If you are interested in requesting a foreigner identification number or NIE, keep reading, in this article we develop the requirements to renew the NIE, the necessary documents, the cost of renewal and much more.
The NIE is a document granted to citizens foreigners in Spain. It is a personal identification number with which foreigners can carry out procedures or procedures where they are asked for a personal identification for legal use in the Spanish country.
In this sense, it is important to mention that requirements to renew the NIE will be subject to the cause of the request. There are also aspects that will be different according to the location where the applicant is. That is why it is essential to validate the information on the Ministry’s website, referring to the requirements for renewal, prior to the appointment.
What are the Requirements to Renew the NIE?
It is important to remember that requirements to renew the NIE will be subject to the cause of the request. The requirements for the renewal of the NIE are mentioned below:
Make the request for the appointment for the renewal of the NIE
This request is made through the website from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Once on the website, the province where the applicant resides must be selected, then the application will show the suitable care centers near the residence. Another way to make an appointment is through the ministry’s call center.
It is important to mention that with the current pandemic situation with Covid 19, the NIE, when expired, is automatically extended. This condition remains until everything is back to normal.
This is another of the documents necessary for the renewal. This form must be filled out completely and without any errors, it is obtained through the ministry website.
This document must be taken with you on the day of the appointment original with copy. In case the passport is expired, it is advisable prior to the appointment, go to the embassy of the corresponding country and request its renewal.
Application letter with justification for the renewal
This writing must be of the nature official, so it must be notarized or signed and stamped by the employer or boss. The application letter is essential since it irrefutably justifies the reason for the renewal. For example: Because the company where you work needs you to stay longer.
A photo with the dimensions of the passport type
It is the image that will be in the requested NIE.
Social Security Code
This requirement is necessary when the reason for the renewal it is professional in nature.
This requirement is necessary when the reason for renewal is per study, since it is essential to have private health insurance when studying.
Payment of the tax for the renewal right
It is necessary to validate the cost of the tax required for the application for renewal of the NIE, when the process is being carried out. In this sense, it is important to know that taxes are updated annually and are available on the website of the Ministry of the Interior.
This requirement is necessary only in case of that the application for renewal of the NIE is for studies. In this case, the support justification can be integrated into the initial justification of the request.
That is why the applicant can also present some detail of your bank accounts, where it shows the economic availability. However, if the applicant depends on a third party, they can present a notarized document in which that person is responsible for their expenses.
Letter of extension of studies
- When the reason for the renewal is for studies, the registration must also be presented at the study center.
- Documentation issued by the study center showing the applicant’s qualifications.
An aspect that should be kept in mind before the renewal of the NIE, is that it must be done before the expiration of the document. Therefore, it is suggested to start with the procedures before the sixty (60) days of its expiation; since if the identity document has expired, there is a period of ninety (90) days to leave the country. Otherwise, you will be subject to a fault for breaking the law.
Documents to Consign to Renew the NIE
- Form ex-15, this form must be filled out completely and without any errors, it is obtained through the ministry website.
- Valid passport, It must be taken on the day of the appointment in original with a copy.
- Application letter with the justification of the renewal, must be notarized or signed and stamped by the employer or boss.
- A photo with the dimensions of the card type, is the image that will be in the requested NIE.
- Social security code, it is necessary only when the reason for the renewal is professional.
- Medical insurance, it is necessary when the reason for the renewal is for study.
- Payment of the tax for the renewal right is the cost of the tax required for the NIE renewal application.
- Justification of the maintenance, it is necessary only in case the NIE renewal application is for studies, it can be integrated into the initial justification of the application.
- You can also present some detail of your bank accounts, or present a notarized document in which a third party is responsible for your expenses.
- Letter of extension of studies, when the reason for the renewal is for studies, the registration must also be presented at the study center. In addition to documentation issued by the study center showing the qualifications of the applicant.
What are the costs of renewing the NIE?
To know the cost of renewal of the NIE, it is necessary to validate on the website of the Ministry of the Interior or in the local police offices, since the taxes are updated annually and are available on the website of the Ministry of the Interior.
NIE Processing for the First Time
To make the request for NIE for the first time, it is necessary to present the requirements mentioned below:
- Prepare a request document to the consulate, detailing the required procedure and the reason (s) for the request.
- Prepare a file that serves as a support to justify the causes that motivated the request for the assignment of the identification number.
- Particularly the reason for the interest: Economic, professional or social, in the country.
- If this is the case, the request from the institution that requires the procedure with its exact identification.
- Submit the original ex-15 form with a photocopy, with all the data required in the referred form.
- The form must be filled out through a computer or typewriter.
- Receipt of the payment corresponding to the fee for the right to the application. Download the form from the website of the Spanish consulate in the corresponding country.
- It is also necessary to receive the applicant’s data, which can be requested in the information area of the consulate.
- Valid passport or identification document, in original and two copies.
- In addition, originate and copy the application for residence in the country, only if the applicant has processed it before this application.
Who can obtain or renew the NIE?
The foreigners who make life in Spain and who wish to remain legally in the country. In this sense, it is important to know that both the initial application and the renewal are not simple procedures, since in a few months the regulations can change. Therefore, it is convenient to be updated on this type of information and to know that it is granted for the time that the authority considers pertinent.
On the other hand, it is convenient to know that the NIE can be requested by two (2) reasons, which are mentioned below:
- To live in the country, many applicants take this option considering the relationship with a relative. This procedure is carried out in Spain in the police of the region.
- For any social, economic or professional motivation. This option is generally chosen by investors for a particular business or by people who have been hired by a company in Spanish territory.
In the latter case the request It is carried out at the Spanish consulate of the country of the applicant’s country of origin. If any additional procedure is required, the applicant can complete it at the police offices upon arrival in Spain.
Requirements to Renew the NIE: What is it?
The INE is a document granted to foreign citizens in Spain who want to live in the country for any reason. It is a personal identification number with which foreigners can carry out procedures or diligence where they are asked for a personal identification for legal use in the Spanish country.
The procedure for the renewal of the NIE is carried out in the police offices of each locality. However, when the online appointment request is being made, the web application indicates the care centers available in the location where the applicant resides. Information on the service sites can also be requested through the call center that appears on the ministry’s website.
Therefore, it is very important to know the Requirements to renew the NIE, since in this way you keep the status updated. We hope we have helped you in your process.
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar