There are a number of Requirements to Rent a Car Very basic that you must take into account if you need this service, as well as some pertinent documents that will allow you to rent the car without any problem. You will also need to know what companies you have at your disposal to rent a car, what the rental costs are, what you can do if you don’t have a credit card, and much, MUCH MORE.
Rent a car It is very common when you are going to travel to a place that you do not know and you need to move from one place to another as quickly as possible.
It is also rented for specific things, such as to be on time for a work meeting, to move to a more comfortable place, and so on. Whatever the reason for renting a car, in this article we will explain All you need to know so you can do it. Do not go!
What are the requirements to rent a car in Spain?
Let’s start with the Requirements to Rent a Car, specifically in Spain, so that you have no doubts and we can move on to the documentation that you must present. These are:
- First of all, you must be 21 years of age or older. Some companies accept from the age of majority, 18 years, but generally it is after 21 when you can rent a car by yourself. Most likely, companies that accept children under 21 want to offer you a more exclusive package, so keep that in mind.
- The driver’s license must be at least 12 months old. antiquity. Take your precautions regarding this point, as it is a very important requirement and can vary according to the company, assigning it more time of seniority, although never less.
- You must provide information about your place of residence in Spain. This is not always required of you, but sometimes it is necessary as a kind of endorsement.
- If you come from abroad, international driving license. If you are Latino, your card will be valid for a few days; We recommend you ask the company of your choice.
- From the range of 65 to 70 years, companies consider that it is necessary to make a surcharge for being at the age limit of safe drivers, so comparing the different prices in various companies could be very useful.
- The person who rents the car must be the same as the driver, without fail.
- You must have a clean record of fines, infractions or obligations without canceling in these aspects. The company will be able to see this information and deny you the car rental, especially if you have more than one fine.
- Maybe a endorsement as sure that you are going to return the car in the same conditions with which you took it. This would be subject to certain terms and generally comprises an amount greater than the rental price.
All these requirements are vital that you take them into account, even if you do not need to meet all of them, either because you come directly from Spain and do not reach the age limit, or because the company has conditions other than are.
Be that as it may, now that you know what the Requirements to Rent a Car, let’s move on to the Necessary Documents.
The documents that you will need to present at the time of making the formal rental of the car are just as important as the requirements. These two, together, will allow you to complete the procedure without any problem and as quickly as possible.
Now, once you have found the company you want to rent the car from, a point that we will talk about later, you can proceed to present yourself with the following documents:
- Driving license, current and valid, with a minimum of 1 to 3 years old.
- National Identity Document (DNI) or any other valid identification document.
- Valid passport, in the case of people coming from abroad.
- Also, an international driver’s license.
- Credit or debit card. In general, car rental companies only accept credit cards, but in specific cases they can also receive debit cards. We will be talking about this point in the next section, if what you want is to pay with the latter.
- Proof of reservation, you can take it printed or on your cell phone.
Once you present these documents, you finalize the process and you will be able to use your car for the stipulated time.
How to Rent a Car without a Credit Card?
As we said before, most of the companies that are dedicated to car rental generally receive credit cards instead of debit cards. We also said that the latter can be accepted in specific cases, but that companies prefer to accept credit or, at least, stipulate certain options if you do not have a credit card.
Some of these options are:
- Designate another driver, who does have a credit card, to make the respective payment.
- Add a person who, even if he is not going to drive, if I have the resources to rent the car.
- Agree to leave a cash deposit, in the form of insurance.
Usually the foreign who travel to Spain, or any other place in the European Union, already have their respective international credit card. If this is not the case, and for whatever reason you do not have a credit card, then you should look for other forms of payment like the ones we mentioned.
If you have a debit card, but not a credit card, you shouldn’t worry too much either. There are many companies that accept this card, such as Enterprise and MyTripCar, which will allow you to use it.
The difference with the credit card and the debit card is that for the first it has no extra costs, while for the second they can make you hire a franchise elimination insurance. They can also impose other conditions, which have nothing to do with extra payments. For example, you are completely betan of those that are prepaid or electron.
We recommend you Research the different car rental companies very well to ask if they accept or do not accept a debit card. In the case of doing so, also ask what are the conditions and requirements to rent a car.
Companies to Rent a Car in Spain
There are an infinity of companies in Spain that will allow you to rent a car. All of these stipulate certain conditions that you must bear in mind.
In order that you know which ones you can investigate, we offer you a list of some of them. At the end, we will also recommend a page so you can see which ones accept debit cards and under what conditions.
Some of these companies are:
- Ok, Rent a Car.
Some of these do not accept debit cards, as is the case with Sixt, Interrent, Thrifty and Hertz. The others do accept, but under additional costs, such as insurance for the elimination of franchise, and some conditions for debit cards.
So that you can see specifically which companies accept debit, what type of card and under what conditions, we invite you to see this article Can I rent a car without a credit card in Spain? Here a table has been designed that specifies the characteristics of each of these companies, so that you are aware of each one of them.
Almost to finish, you will most likely be interested in knowing what the costs of renting a car. In Spain these costs depend not only on the company, but on the province or autonomous community where you are going to do it and the type of car you are looking for. It will also depend on whether you are in high or low season.
The prices of renting a car can range from 6 euros per day to 40 euros per day. Deposits Additional debit card payments can range from 40 euros to 300 euros. If you are under 25 years old, they can buy you an additional fee of 25 EUR per day, for being a young driver.
Everything is a function of the company. If you want travel outside of Spain you can do it, sometimes for free while in others certain impositions are put. It is for this and many other reasons that it is important to ask the right questions when renting a car.
This can be done from your home, simply by calling the numbers that companies offer on their web pages, such as Customer Service Center (Call Center).
Tips for Renting a Car
Finally, some Tips for Renting a Car, so that you make the best possible decisions when you go to carry out this procedure. Let’s see,
- Be patient. Renting a car leads to looking for different companies, to have information and to be able to make an optimal price comparison, according to your needs and your budget.
- Don’t delay until the last minute. If you go somewhere in high season, budget packages and even higher-end ones sell out quickly, so take your precautions.
- Read the contract well, so that there are no unforeseen events, especially regarding gasoline policies.
- Take out comprehensive insurance, if you can do it, to cover you in the event of a claim.
Now that you know what the Requirements to Rent a Car you are ready to do it, what are you waiting for?
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar