Something that you should take into account when planning your trip are the Requirements to travel to Japan. They are very important because they are the ones that will allow you to go and return without any inconvenience, at the same time that they allow you to structure your travel plan as appropriate.
Japan It is a beautiful country, with a completely different culture than what we are used to seeing. In this way, in the country you will find hundreds of temples and sanctuaries, imperial palaces and incredible cities. In this country there is no official language, but there are 15 languages spoken, isn’t it incredible?
If you’re interested know all about it about how to travel to Japan, do not go! We will explain everything to you in today’s article.
Documents Needed to Travel to Japan
The documents that you will need to bring as part of the Requirements to travel to Japan They must all be current and in good condition, without exception. These are totally essential requirements for your trip, so you cannot forget about them.
In this way, documents you can’t forget for nothing in the world, they are:
- Passport. This must be valid during the entire planned time of stay, to avoid inconveniences such as the fact that you have to do additional procedures abroad to request an extension. Also, it must be in good condition; otherwise the authorities could put obstacles for you to enter the country.
- Visa, if you are traveling for business or work, as well as in the event that a stay longer than 3 months (90 days) is planned.
- International insurance. It is not a requirement to enter the country, but we always recommend having one in case you see situations that warrant it.
- Round trip ticket.
- International cards and cash, so you can make the planned expenses on your trip
- Booking voucher of the hotel where you are going to stay, if necessary.
- Written luggage declaration, for products of animal and plant origin. If its contents are considered reasonable for personal effects, there will be no need to pay customs duties.
You only need that, which as you can see is very basic. However, we reiterate the importance of taking into account the conditions of your passport; If it is damaged, it is best to renew it.
Also, you should know that the DNI will not be of use to you to be able to travel. You need the passport and, if it is the case, the visa. As for this permit, you can check if you need it on the web portal of the Japan Immigration Office or on the page of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan.
The Spanish authorities recommend that you register as a transient or non-resident in the RMC if you are going to spend a season in the country. This is done in case emergency programs are activated in the country.
Finally, we recommend that you develop a Trip plan, where all the expenses that you could incur (food, lodging, transportation, etc.) are reflected, as well as the places you want to visit, a list of the documents that cannot be missing, emergency numbers in Japan, and related items.
Tourist Visa to Travel to Japan
If you wonder if you need get a tourist visa to travel to Japan, the answer is no. As long as your passport is Spanish and your reason for travel does not include paid or lucrative activities, but may be due to:
- Visits to relatives residing in the country.
- Participation in a Congress
- Business meetings.
This is, of course, for a stay of less than 90 continuous days. In the case of longer stays and / or for different purposes, it is necessary to process a visa. Whether for travel for professional practices, cultural activities, employment, sports competitions, etc.
For this you must make an appointment at the Embassy of Japan in Spain. The duration of the procedure It can be from 3 days to a few months depending on the authorities that have to be contacted. You must also present some documents such as: visa application, photograph, passport, ID, reservation of plane tickets and certificate of eligibility, with certain specific characteristics that you will find here.
Almost all nationals of European countries are exempt from the need to present a tourist visa, as well as Mexico, the United States and Argentina, in America. Knowing if you need a visa or not is one of the Requirements to travel to Japan.
Costs of Traveling to Japan
The costs of traveling to Japan they depend on many factors, as you can imagine. Hotel prices vary depending on quality, location, fame, etc., so this is the factor that will vary the most on your trip to Asia.
There are also other factors such as the type of transport you will use, if you plan to take trips in the interior, what attractions you want to visit, what restaurants you want to know personally, in what season you will be traveling, and much, much more. In this way, your trip can have a modest budget or a quite reasonable one, all according to your financial solvency.
In 15 days, on a trip for two, you can spend:
- Accommodation in Japan: a total of 1,300EUR, with about 90EUR per day.
- Transportation in Japan: a total of 160 EUR, using buses and the metro. If you buy the Japan Rial PassYou can use the train service and save some euros; you must purchase it before traveling.
- Food and drinks in Japan: they can vary enormously, we would say a total of 600 EUR.
- Attractions, tours, etc.: it could be a total of 190 EUR or more.
- Extra expenses: be it in souvenirs, small emergencies, etc., we calculate about 200 EUR.
- Flight tickets to Japan: between 400 and 800 EUR. This is one of the Requirements to Travel to Japan.
The season in which you travel seems especially important to me, as this will determine the prices of many things. In high season, the demand for goods and services will be brutal, so prices will skyrocket. We recommend you to travel in autumn, even if it is in spring when the magic of the cherry blossoms happens.
Attractions of Japan
As you know, there are a lot of Attractions in Japan that you cannot miss if you have the opportunity to do this trip. Without a doubt, there is not enough time to see them all, so we will try to choose at least the most popular ones, so that you can choose which ones to see.
- Kyoto, from where you can go to Kobe, Hiroshima, Osaka and Nara, and Himeji Castle. In addition to visiting temples and shrines right there.
- MiyajimaDeclared cultural heritage, it is an island that you cannot miss.
- Shirakawa-go, located in the Japanese alps, ideal if you like snow.
- Nara, so you can visit its parks and the Todaiji temple.
- Tokyo, where you can see countless things. Skyscrapers, cutting-edge technology, temples … everything.
- Himeji Castle, also declared cultural heritage.
- Nikko, also cultural heritage.
- Mount Fuji, well known worldwide, it is a sacred volcano.
- Kamakura, with more sanctuaries and temples to visit.
- Hiroshima, so that you know the city hit by the atomic bomb of 1945.
Do not forget to visit these places, as unique as they are. Of course there are many more and you can investigate all of them if you want.
Tips for Traveling to Japan
Some tips for traveling to Japan that will make sure that your trip does not lack anything, so that you are ready to start making your plans. That is, the recommendations to take action before taking into account are:
- Buy the Japan Rail Pass, so you can make your train trips at a lower cost. It can go from 270 EUR for 7 days, up to 760 EUR for 21 days. You can use it as many times as you want.
- Make sure to create a Japan Travel Plan very well structured. Some immigration authorities may even ask you for your travel itinerary and hotel reservation, something that should be reflected in this plan.
- Investigate before traveling that parties and events will be taking place, so that you can attend them.
- Bring an international adapter for your electronic devices, as well as enough cash and a contracted internet service.
- Research what foods low-cost They are of good quality and which are the restaurants that you would like to visit during your trip.
- Acquire your international travel insurance, just to be sure that you are covered in an emergency or if you have to go to a hospital. We highly recommend it.
- Get vaccinated if they are in the middle of an outbreak, for which you should investigate the news before traveling.
- Learn some basic phrases.
- Keep in mind that you will need to speak English, Japanese or bring a translator with you in order to communicate.
- Learn about the do and don’ts once you’re there. Perhaps you have customs that the Japanese do not and that could be considered an attack or an insult. We recommend that you do your research on this before you travel.
We hope we have helped you with the Requirements to travel to Japan and we wish you good luck.
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar