There are a number of Requirements to travel to Panama that you must keep in mind if you want to visit this incredible, whether for tourism, business or any other reason. Along with these, it is important to know the costs of the trip, what the Tourist Card is and what it is for, what are the attractions of Panama and some tips for when you go to travel.
Panama It is a country without a doubt well known worldwide. It is characterized by having incredible clubs, casinos and skyscrapers located in its capital, and also by having the famous Panama Canal, a road that joins the Atlantic Ocean with the Pacific Ocean. If you are interested in knowing everything about traveling to Panama, don’t go! In this article we will be explaining everything you need to know about it.
What are the requirements to travel to Panama from Spain?
Let’s start immediately with the Requirements to travel to Panama, so that you don’t get stuck halfway from one country to another. The truth is that all of these are very important, probably the most important thing you will read here, so keep them in mind.
- Passport. This must be current, with sheets available and in good condition. In addition, they must have an expiration date equal to greater than 3 months from the entry into Panama.
- Letter of economic solvency. This is issued by the bank of your choice, and it must state the immediate availability of more than 500 euros. This is necessary to verify that you have the economic capacity to travel and live in the country during the stipulated time, without inconvenience other than the unforeseen.
- Ticket or passage back to Spain or documents you need to go to another country, including the ticket again. You will also need the one-way ticket.
- Visa. This is only a requirement in specific cases and Spaniards do not need to have it in the event that they go to the country for tourism and / or for business purposes. In other cases, such as for studies or to get medical treatment, etc., most likely they do need it. Likewise, people with a passport other than Spanish must check if they need the visa.
- Tourist Card. We will speak more extensively about this document in the next section, but it is a very easy permit to obtain and with a very low cost, which will allow you to be in the country for at least 90 days, being able to later obtain an extension.
- Proof of payment or any other evidence of your stay in Panama. This may or may not be required by immigration authorities, so take your precautions.
- Travel insurance, if you have it or want to take it out. It is not a requirement that will prevent you from entering the country, but it is always advisable to have it in case of emergency.
- Budget drawn up, if you are short of money or for a period greater than 7 days, which is common. Nor is it an essential requirement, although it is a good decision.
- Driving license. If you want to drive through the streets of Panama with a rented car, you will need your driving license. Spain and Panama have an agreement that allows it to be valid just by calling 060, and the most important requirement is Spanish nationality or residence.
Once you have all this, you will not need anything else to be able to travel to Panama. Except, let’s say, knowing about the costs, the tourist card and the attractions of Panama.
The Tourist Card that we mentioned earlier is vital when traveling to Panama. As we already said, it is a very easy and fast document to obtain, with a lower cost.
This card you can to get at the airline when you check in and deliver your bags, when you buy the ticket or at the Tocumen International Airport, when you arrive in Panama. This one has a cost of only $ 5.00 dollars that you will have to pay to Migration when you buy it.
This card lasts for 30 days, that is, 1 month. If you want to extend this time, you can request a extension. This procedure must be done a week before (7 days) the first 30 days expire, and if approved, you will have 60 more days of permission to be in the country, which is equivalent to two more months.
For whatever reason, if you want to extend your stay even beyond 90 days, you must request the extension again before the end of this period. All this process of extensions, very important, is done in the offices of Migration and Naturalization.
To stay longer than stipulated at the beginning of the trip, you must have the resources to do so. Evidence that you have these resources as well as the reason for the extension will probably be required. In addition, if you are going to stay for a stay longer than 30 days, it is even more advisable to arrange an International Travel Insurance.
Travel Costs to Panama
As we always say in our travel section, the total cost of travel to a country will depend essentially on how you are going to manage your finances. It is always important to take into account the quality of the place where you are going to stay, whether it is a hotel, motel or the house of an acquaintance, as well as other factors such as the transport you will use to get around, the places you plan to visit, where you are going to eat, etc.
All this will determine if your costs are high or low, these concepts being relative to your economic possibilities. What’s more, the dates you travel are also very important. If you travel in high season (December – February) there will be a great demand for goods and services, which will cause prices to skyrocket and, therefore, you need more budget.
If, on the other hand, you travel during low season, preferably in March, you can reduce your costs and also know more peacefully.
However, don’t worry. We can give you a approximate of what you could spend in the country.
- On lodging, from $ 25 to $ 30 minimum, for double private rooms in hotels. For a more comfortable service, from $ 70 to $ 200.
- For internal flights, Whether to visit islands or parks, you can spend between $ 70 and $ 120 on roundtrip tickets, not counting taxes. The taxis measure their rate by meter (distance traveled) and for the urban transport you must purchase a card that has a cost of $ 2.
- The meal It can range from $ 2 to $ 14 if you know where to look. It can be around $ 40 if they are full meals, with a main course, two to share a couple of beers.
- Attractions, which can be free or have tickets of $ 15 or more.
For a 7 night stay, this could be calculated at about $ 100. For more luxurious trips, you could take between $ 1,500 and $ 2,000. This is, of course, not counting the price of the tickets: at least 600 euros. And, also, not to mention that you can travel with just over $ 500 if you lower the quality.
Remember to make the budget that we indicate in the section of Requirements to travel to Panama, taking the task of calling the hotels directly and seeing the rates of the flights, attractions and restaurants that you want to visit specifically.
Attractions of Panama
You cannot travel to another country and miss out on attractive, is prohibited! Panama is no exception, being a country with incredible places that you can visit at any time. Next we will say 10 of the places you cannot miss if you ever travel to Panama.
- The Panama Canal, undoubtedly being the best known and basic to know. It is located in the capital and you can access it very easily.
- Bocas de Toro, located in the province with the same name, is an archipelago surrounded by spectacular islands, such as the Colon Islands.
- San Blas, with 365 islands, located Guna Yala. It is a small town ideal for hikers or backpackers, who do not seek greater luxuries.
- Old Panama, in Panama City, with great cultural and historical weight.
- Flower island, located in the province of Panama, with incredible beaches.
- Helmet Ancient, surrounded by pirate history and baptized as a World Heritage Site.
- Biomuseum, located in Panama City, so you can have an incredible sensory experience.
- Anton’s valley, located in Coclé, if you like nature and hot springs.
- Blue hill, with large lakes and waterfalls.
- Pearl Islands, very frequented by foreigners for its crystalline beaches.
- As a bonus, the Summit National Park, in the province of Panama. It is a zoo and botanical garden that you cannot miss for anything in the world.
You cannot leave Panama without having visited one of these destinations, and if you think that it is worth knowing another in specific, let us know.
Tips for Traveling to Panama
Finally some tips for traveling to Panama and end our tour of the Requirements to Travel to Panama. Let’s see:
- Make a list of all the requirements you need, so you don’t forget any.
- Prepare your budget and a travel itinerary.
- If you want to spend as little as possible, travel in low season, use public transport or go on foot, eat what you need and try to invest in a good hotel: safety is important.
- Travel preferably in the month of March, so that you avoid the rains.
We hope to see you been of help, until next time!
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar