Traveling is one of the great pleasures in life, especially when it comes to seeing new places. That is why it is important to comply with everything necessary and thus live a great experience. We will show you in this article, the requirements to travel to Peru.
Know each of the requirements, as well as find out about the most attractive places in the country and the advice and recommendations that you must follow to guarantee a successful trip.
Stay and read the following content, so you can make sure you have a great experience when you arrive in Peru.
Documents Needed to Travel to Peru
In order to enter a different country, it is always necessary to have certain requirements and documents, because in this way order is managed and maintained, regarding the entry and exit of the countries.
In this sense, it is always important when traveling to comply with each requested requirement. Next, in the next section we are going to express each of the requirements to travel to Peru from Spain.
The Identification Document is a fundamental requirement, which the applicant must always have, since it is a useful and necessary document every day when leaving home.
When traveling, the identification document must be issued in good condition and in force, where the photo and signature of the applicant appear, clearly and legibly.
The passport is a document that allows to prove the personal identity of a person and also their nationality. This is an essential requirement when traveling in most countries, however there are some exceptions.
To enter Peru, the following countries do not need to have a passport: Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay, Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, Chile and Bolivia. The others do need it. Therefore, to travel to Peru from Spain it is essential to have this precious document.
The passport must be presented with at least six months of validity and must be in good condition.
Regarding the visa or visa, there are many countries that need it and others do not. When it comes to Spain, it is not necessary to process a visa to enter Peru. However, this document is within the requirements to travel to Peru.
As for vaccines, it is not mandatory to have any specific, however it is highly recommended that the person who is going to enter Peru get the yellow fever vaccine, especially in the case of visiting the Amazon region, as well as it is also recommended to be vaccinated against Hepatitis A and B.
Something highly requested and recommended is to have travel tickets back to the country of origin, in this case, Spain, because in this way it can be shown that you are going on a tourist trip, without any intention of staying in the country.
Generally, this is not an essential requirement, however it is advisable to have it.
Travel insurance is a system that is responsible for covering incidents that may arise during the trip, generally from cancellation such as loss of luggage.
In order to travel to Peru, it is highly recommended to have travel insurance, and thus take all due precautions.
It is not a mandatory requirement, but it is recommended, and it turns out to be very beneficial, since in case of accidents, illnesses, theft and other bad situations, the insurance is responsible for covering and taking responsibility.
Travel costs to Peru
It is ideal when traveling to any country to have all the necessary money and a little more to have in case some kind of unforeseen happens. For this, it is advisable to make a budget in advance.
We will explain how to do it below. We are going to mention and detail the aspects that should be considered when preparing a budget.
- accommodation: This aspect is very important, it should be taken into account that accommodation in Peru is quite cheap. It is ideal to investigate and choose the hotel or inn and ask for a quote.
- Transport: It should be considered that transport in Peru is not so cheap, and it is something that will be spent very often, especially if you are going to know the country.
- Activities: Make sure you choose the activities you want to do and get a budget for them, there are many alternatives, and depending on the money you have, choose the ones that suit you best. Peru has many attractions and with a lot or little money you can have a great experience.
- Meal: It is very important to consider that the food of Peru is very rich, so it is something with which it is recommended to be open in terms of the economy. You can investigate and know more or less the corresponding costs.
- Additional features: Something very valuable is having extra money for good or bad situations that arise during the trip and it is necessary to spend money. These extras generally include buying things unexpectedly, attending to emergencies, among others.
As for everything related to Customs in Peru, it should be borne in mind that when you arrive in Peru, you will have the right to enter the items, which are exempt from paying customs duties. Other articles entered will be subject to the Special Customs Treatment Regime of Peru.
Among the items that are exempt from paying customs duties, are those mentioned in this list:
- Clothing and any item of clothing that belongs to the person traveling.
- Items for personal use and accessories.
- Portable brush.
- Drying machine.
- Shaving machine.
- Camera and a maximum of 5 rolls of film.
- Phonographic discs, compact or cassettes, for a maximum number of 10 units.
- Own medications.
- Books, magazines, papers.
- Cigarettes, a maximum of 20 packs.
- Liquor, up to 3 liters.
- Dollars, up to $ 300.
- Portable typewriter.
- Some portable musical instrument.
- Radio recorder, or similar portable device.
- Items considered by Customs as luggage.
- Pet, who has met the necessary requirements.
Tips for traveling to Peru
In this section of the article, we are going to present some tips and recommendations, which will surely be very useful before and during the trip.
Stay and know each one of them:
- It is ideal to make a travel plan, where you must include the activities to do in Peru, budget, places, costs and more. This will help to keep an order and be organized on the trip and thus not waste time.
- Possess a photocopy of each of the documents requested to travel to Peru.
- Take the clothes according to the climate and place where you travel, for that you must investigate and inform yourself in advance.
- It is advisable to make reservations in advance, in the places to go to have them safe.
- In the case of Peru, many of the tourist and attraction sites are a lot of walking, so it is essential to bring extra shoes, in case something happens at some point.
- Bring cash. Although in most countries the use of cards is quite a lot, it is advisable to carry cash for some type of emergency or quick purchase.
- Before traveling to Peru, find out about altitude sickness and take all the corresponding precautions.
- Choose the travel insurance agency that suits you best. Take your time researching and knowing the agencies so that you can choose the best one.
- Before traveling, try to meet people who live or have been there, so that they can advise you and recommend places, among other aspects.
- Bring a camera or camera device to keep memories of your trip.
- It meets all the requirements to travel to Peru, interesting for knowing its vocabulary, norms and rules in order to function well during the trip.
What to visit in Peru?
Peru has a large number of fantastic places to meet and have a great experience. Here are some of them:
- The Incas’ Sacred Valley.
- Macchu Picchu.
- Titicaca lake.
- Pocitas beach in Máncora.
- Nazca lines.
- Amazon River and Iquitos.
- National Reserve of Tambopata.
- Colca Valley.
- Ventanillas de Otuzco in Cajamarca.
- Huascarán National Park in Ancash.
Enjoy each of these places, get to know the magic of Peru, dare to experience new places, food, meet people, and let this country catch you and conquer you with all its charm.
Meet the requirements to travel to Peru and be successful on your trip.
If you want to know more about Peru, click here.
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar