There are a number of Requirements to travel to Thailand that you must keep in mind. These will allow you to enter the country without any inconvenience and enjoy the wonders you have to see. Along with these, it is also important to know what the average costs of traveling to Thailand are, the travel insurance available, the mandatory vaccinations and the places that, once there, you cannot miss.
Thailand It is located in the Asian continent, it is a country with a great economy, where millions of tourists come every year to see the beautiful places and landscapes that you can find throughout the country, in addition to doing business and immigrating, the latter being something very common in recent years.
If you are interested in knowing all this about your trip to Thailand, you cannot leave. We explain in detail everything you need to know about it.
Documents Needed to Travel to Thailand
To begin with, there are a number of necessary documents that you must have to be able to travel to Thailand. These include the basic identification as well as other travel vouchers, so that there is no lack of information necessary to guarantee the safety and well-being of all.
These documents are:
- Passport o National Identification Document (DNI). This must be current, in good condition, and with more than 6 months to expire at the time of leaving Spain. This in order to avoid travel delays, which would be unavoidable to carry out the extension process and be able to leave the country. In addition, this is also a requirement if you want to travel to the next countries, which are Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar.
- Visa. This entry authorization is not necessary for Spaniards who are going to travel for a period of less than 30 days, for tourism purposes. A longer stay time will require a visa, so take your precautions. In addition, if you enter through the land border you can only stay a maximum of 15 days, without the possibility of requesting a longer period.
- Vaccination certificate, where it must be reflected that of yellow fever. We will discuss this point at length later.
- Passage or ticket back and forth.
- Travel insurance, point of which we will also talk at length later.
As for the Requirements to travel to Thailand that are not physical but you must take into account are:
- Economic solvency. Make a budget where all the expenses that you may incur during your stay in Thailand are reflected, including a section for unforeseen expenses. In this way, you will know how much money you need to make the trip for the estimation time.
- Take into account the prohibitions to enter Thailand, which can range from entering Buddha images, to gambling of any kind, even online.
- Have at hand do you copy of your identification documents, in case the originals are lost.
- Be careful: traffic and boat accidents are very frequent. Likewise, do not accept drinks from strangers, jewelry promotions, and beware of theft of documentation and adventure sports.
- Investigate what times of the year it is best to travel.
- Reserve previously in the place of stay of your preference, taking into account the assessments regarding safety.
- Have travel insurance.
- Finally, list of places to visit. The worst that can happen is that you don’t know where to go, which is why making lists is very useful.
Mandatory Vaccinations to Travel to Thailand
You should always take into account the vaccines that are mandatory when traveling to any place other than Spain. In addition, it is also important to know the state of the health sector of the country to which you are going to travel, in case of emergency.
The yellow fever vaccine is mandatory if you are going to travel from a place affected by this disease to Thailand. It is the only mandatory vaccine, to prevent spread and reduce contagion. Also, although it is the only one necessary, it is also recommended to place those for Hepatitis A and B, thyroid fever, rabies, tetanus, Japanese encephalitis and tuberculosis (TBG). You can enter here to see the vaccination schedule and much more.
- Hepatitis A: the first dose can be administered 15 days before the trip and the second when you want, to be protected for a longer time.
- Hepatitis B: They are for long stays, as their contagion is through blood and sexual contact.
- Fever typhoid It costs around 10 euros and you need a prescription to apply it.
As to other diseasesEveryone – though especially pregnant women – should be up to date with the development news of Sika. There have been cases in recent years, so you must make the respective consultation before traveling. At the same time, you should be careful with dengue in the rainy season (May – November), using repellants specially designed for this.
Finally, don’t drink non-bottled water, unwashed vegetables and fruits, and watch out for STDs. HIV / AIDS has a high incidence in the country. Take the necessary precautions and you’ll be fine, don’t worry.
The travel insurance It is essential to travel to Thailand. You can get yourself a relatively inexpensive one and avoid headaches on your trip. American Express even allows you to request one for free, something you should keep in mind.
The idea, obviously, is take out travel insurance that does not cover a lot of budget but that has a reasonable coverage, in case of loss, theft, medical emergencies, and so on. IATI Insurance is the most recommended by different travel blogs, so you may want to check it out.
However, there are a wide variety of companies that offer insurance of this type. It is a advantage when canceling or interrupting your trip or, more importantly, in case of medical emergencies. This type of insurance also takes care of lost luggage, among other things.
It is generally divided into three categories:
- Basic: They are usually included with the ticket and have very low coverage. They do not take risk activities into account and are generally for trips already programmed with packages, in terms of airport transfers and accommodation. Includes healthcare, for overbooking, location and transfer of luggage in case of loss, compensation if the flight takes more than 6 hours from the agreed time, and so on.
- Extra: compensation in case of theft, loss or destruction of luggage in its entirety, as well as legal defense in case of need and shipments of prescribed medications
These are general cases and the companies will specify what exactly each of the travel insurance packages they offer covers. Do not worry.
Travel costs to Thailand
Almost to finish, you are probably wondering what are the costs of traveling to Thailand. As we always say when it comes to traveling to a country in the world, the expenses involved in making a trip will depend on many factors.
Undoubtedly, the quality of the place where you are going to stay, the type of transport you use, the places where you go to eat, the attractions you visit, and other goods and services that you are going to enjoy vary depending on your economic availability. and how well you do your research, as well as the time when you are going to travel.
Try to find out what the best time to travel to Thailand (When is low season?), Which tourist attractions are free, which means of transport is suitable, and if you want to eat in restaurants or prepare simple meals, either in a hotel average or one of a certain quality.
For this reason, we recommend making a travel budget, a very specific one. This would take into account hotel rates, an average daily expense on meals and transportation, and extra expenses. You can see blogs of people who have recently traveled and that show you in detail what the prices of things are or watch videos that deal with these same items.
The important thing is that during the trip you do not fall short.
- The ticket One way is already about € 435 on average, while internal trips can range from € 25 to € 120 depending on where you go.
- The Hotels They can be between € 10 and € 50 a night, while resorts and villas will undoubtedly be higher than € 50.
- Regarding the transportTaxis can start at 100 baht, while tuk-tuk start at 200 baht.
- If you eat at a concession stand, you can spend up to 100 baht, while in restaurants you can spend up to 200.
Attractions of Thailand
Finally, some of the attractive that you can find in this beautiful Asian country, so that you can have a complete and satisfactory trip, are:
- Phi-Phi: It is located in the south of the country and is a small archipelago full of islands and clear waters.
- Grand Palace in Bangkok: now a museum, before it was the royal residence.
- Temple of the Emerald Buddha.
- Similan Islands, of beautiful clear waters and located in the south of Thailand.
- Wat Maha That, It is a very famous Buddhist temple located in the center of the country.
We hope we have been very helpful, and now that you know what the Requirements to travel to Thailand, What are you waiting for?
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar