You like to travel? This article will explain what the Requirements to travel to Turkey, where the step by step of how to enter this incredible country will be highlighted.
We invite you to continue reading where you will learn about the historical wealth, its customs, its impressive buildings, its mosques and much more.
Turkey is a country that connects with two continents, with Europe and Asia. In addition, it is important to note that through the Bosphorus Strait or Istanbul, it is who separates the city with those same continents.
Documents Needed to Travel to Turkey
Spanish citizens must comply with the necessary documents and with the Requirements to travel to Turkey, which will be explained below:
- Spaniards can enter that country with their respective ID card or passportIt will only be essential that the validity be at least 6 months, from the date of entry.
- It is essential that the citizen obtain a visa to enter Turkey, in case the stay is longer than 90 days or for a particular reason.
- Upon arrival at the airport, the citizen must pay an amount of approximately 20 euros From now on for the visa, you can also request it online.
- Tourists can stay up 90 days in that country.
- It is recommended that minor citizens must travel with a parent’s travel authorization, must be signed by a notary or, failing that, by the Spanish police authority. It must also be translated into Turkish or English.
Through the online page of exteriors of the Spanish government, reported that at the beginning of March 2020, Spaniards are visa free to visit Turkey, for a maximum stay of 90 days in a time of 180.
It is essential to have a visa to be able to visit that country, as long as the citizen exceed your stay to more than 90 days regulations or for specific reasons.
For permanence longer than 3 months or in specific activities, be it studies, work, etc. It is essential that the citizen processes a residence visa that is sent at the Turkish embassy in Madrid or at the Consulate.
- First the citizen must enter the Visa application system.
- Then the citizen must click to request, which will have to put his nationality, his type of passport and write the verification code. It will give you save and it will appear that you put the date upon arrival in Turkey.
- Remember that your arrival date must be within three months, as of when you have applied for the visa.
- It is important to note that when you enter your nationality, the system will provide you if your country is exempt from a visa or not, if it says exempt you do not need to get it.
- You will then have to complete the form with your personal data.
- You must be aware of your email as you will receive a mail regarding your information that you provided on the form. Review it, if you approve there is no going back.
- In the event that you did not answer the confirmation email for at least one hour, the request will be canceled.
- Now it’s time for the citizen to cancel the visa fee, you can pay with a credit card.
- Finally, a link of the visa will be sent to your email which you must download and print. You should keep it during your trip and stay in Turkey.
Costs of Traveling to Turkey
Turkey is a country suitable for all types of public, things are not usually that expensive. The highest expense will be the plane, the rest you can get cheap places according to your needs.
The cost below is an approximate, because everything will depend on the airline you are traveling with, the season and the time.
A direct flight from Madrid to Istanbul in high season can cost approximately 336 euros per person, if you go in low season you can lower prices to 170 euros or get offers.
If the tourist wishes, he can take a plane from Istanbul to Cappadocia. 46 euros or a plane from Pamukkale to Istanbul in about 64.50 euros.
Requirements to travel to Turkey: Lodging
Accommodation in Istanbul is affordable depending on the area where you stayed. Can cost 87 euros for three nights in Istanbul, if you stay in Cappadocia it may cost 63 euros for two nights. That is, you can spend approximately 244 euros per person in Istanbul and 122 euros in Cappadocia.
The price of the hotels will depend on the season, the area, etc. You can find hotels from 40 euros per night or 55 or 23 euros, depending on the budget and the needs of each tourist.
Requirements to travel to Turkey: Food and drink
Turkish food is tasty and depending on where you want to taste it, you can find it at a good price. Meal for two in an à la carte restaurant, with two courses and dessert has a value of at least 13.32 euros.
If the tourist wants to eat in a cheap restaurant with the menu up to date, it can cost 3.32 euros, like those offered by fast chains like Burger King and McDonalds.
Imported beer has a cost of 2.65 euros and national beer has a value of 2.00 euros. Also if you want to have a Cappuccino coffee it has a cost of 1.61 euros, Coca Cola or Pepsi can cost 0.57 euros and water can get it 0.19 euros.
Requirements to travel to Turkey: Transport
People visiting Turkey will need to purchase the Istanbulkart card. This card is valid for boarding on buses, the metro, trams, boat and funicular.
You can buy the card at any metro station, at the major bus stations and at the docks. You can pay the fee of 1.65 euros, the recharge has a cost of 0.66 euros.
It is important to note that with this card the citizen will have a discount on each trip, which he can pay 0.26 euros.
The subway fare can cost 0.42 euros and the tram has the same price as the metro. The bus fare ranges from 0.32 to 0.63 depending on the distance.
The funicular costs 0.33 euros, the ferry fare can range from 0.34 to 0.49 euros depending on the route you choose. The taxi fare costs approximately 0.66 euros, and if the journey is one hour, the rate has a value of 3.98 euros.
Requirements to travel to Turkey: Attractions and Excursions
Some of the places of interest in Istanbul are free and other tourist places charge the entrance, but they are worth it, they are the following:
- The Basilica of Santa Sofia, has a cost of general admission 9 Euros approximately, children under 8 years old, admission is free.
- Basilica Cistern can cost at least 3 euros and if it is for students the cost is half.
- Topkapi Palace is one of the most expensive attractions and has a value of 13.50 euros and the entrance to the Harem is canceled separately has a cost of 5.50 euros.
- The Göreme Open Air Museum costs approximately 3.8 euros. Among many other things you can visit.
Why Travel to Turkey?
Turkey is an impressive country where tourists can enjoy its mosques, its buildings, its history, and culture. etc. Among the most recommended places are.
It is one of the largest and most inhabited city in Turkey, besides it was the former capital of that country at the time of the Roman, Byzantine and Ottoman empires
The tourist should start visiting the symbol of Istanbul which is the Basilica of Hagia Sophia, is an old basilica that today is a museum. They will be amazed at how beautiful it is.
Next you must visit the impressive Blue mosque, is located in front of the Hagia Sophia, it highlights its beautiful blue mosaics that adorn the mosque.
You must know the Topkapi Palace. This incredible palace contains 700.00 square meters distributed in several buildings and surrounded by a Byzantine wall. You must also visit one of the largest markets in the world, the Grand bazaar, there you can make your purchases.
You must also take a cruise on the Bosphorus, among many other things.
Scheduling a trip to Turkey and no Cappadocia is found is unacceptable. This is a magical city, you must first visit the Göreme Open Air Museum, know the Pigeon valley, Watch the Uchisar Castle, the Valley of love and one of the adventures that the tourist must do is the Balloon ride.
Visit the ancient city of Ephesus where you must visit the Celsus Library, know the Archaeological site of Aphrodisias, the Theater of Ephesus, among many more things that you can see in this incredible country.
Recommendations for traveling to Turkey
- To enter the Mosques people must have adequate clothing, at least women have to cover the head and legs.
- Citizens should take precautions when visiting this country, it is recommended to avoid crowds and especially not traveling to the border areas with Syria and Iraq.
- The best time to get to know Turkey is during the spring and autumn seasons.
- If it is in summer, wear light clothing, since it is very hot, if it is in winter, take all the necessary clothing to protect yourself from the cold.
- To visit this country vaccinations are not mandatory, but it is advisable to have an up-to-date vaccine against diphtheria, tetanus and polio, etc.
- If you want to exchange euros for Turkish liras, you can do so by visiting the exchange houses in the city center.
- If you need to have internet in Turkey you must buy one SIM card at the airport or in an electronics store or buy a card Holafly’s Sim.
This country contains a range of options, that is why if your plan is to visit it, you will have to collect the Requirements to Travel to Turkey.
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar