Residency Form for Family Reunification: Format, What it is and MORE

7 minutos de lectura

If you are in Spain but you are a foreigner and you would like your family to also be able to reside in that country, you can get it with the Residence Form for Family Reunification.

Here we will talk about everything there is to know to carry out this procedure. From what is to who or what issues the form, join us!

What is the Family Reunification Residency Form?

Family Reunification is an immigration process that allows a non-European citizen with a residence permit in Spain to request to bring their family members to that country to reside and work there.

Only those foreigners residing in Spain who have renewed their initial residence authorization can begin this process.

Which means that if the person concerned has been in Spain for less than a year, legally, they will not be able to reunite their family members. First, you must renew the residence permit.

As a general rule, it must also be demonstrated that the family member or family members are financially dependent on the interested party in order to proceed with the process.


  • Passport or residence card of the interested party and passport of the relative.
  • Criminal Record Certificate of the relative, if they are of legal age.
  • Adequate housing report: demonstration that the interested party’s home is suitable and worthy to share with the family member.
  • Demonstration of possession of sufficient financial means to take care of the family member.
  • Private medical insurance as a foreigner or subscription to the social security system.
The documents do not have to be original. In the case of foreigners, a copy can be delivered.

But when they are visa procedures, the consulate of the country of origin does ask for the original and it is necessary to have them on hand.

Demonstrate possession of sufficient financial means

The financial means are one of the most important requirements for a successful application for family reunification.

In order to demonstrate financial means, it is basically necessary to verify an amount equivalent to or greater than 150% of the IPREM when reuniting a family member.

That would be the case of reuniting a single relative, for example: spouses. But, in the case of wanting to bring more than one, you must add 50% to that amount.

In addition, an employment contract and the last 6 payrolls will be provided. If you are self-employed (that is, you are self-employed), you must submit the last personal income tax return.

In order for reunification to be approved, the resident must demonstrate that they have adequate accommodation and that they have sufficient means of subsistence to care for the family.

If the reunification is approved, the family member will have two months, from the date the application was approved, to request a family reunification visa at the Consulate or Embassy of Spain in the country of origin.

Format of the Residence Form for Family Reunification


  1. Check the box that applies: Male or Female
  2. Fill in using 2 digits for the day, 2 for the month and 4 for the year, in this order (dd / mm / yyyy)
  3. Check the box that applies: Single / Married / Widowed / Divorced / Separated
  4. Indicate the union with the sponsor, for example: spouse, registered domestic partner, child, represented / a, ward / a, father, mother or other.

Fill in only in the case of being a person other than the applicant

  1. Indicate the title on the basis of which the representation is held, for example: Father / Mother of the minor, Guardian… ..
  2. In accordance with Law 11/2004 and Additional Provision 4 of RD 557/2011, legal persons and groups of natural persons who, due to their economic or technical capacity, professional dedication or other accredited reasons, have guaranteed access and availability of the media
    precise technological are required to notify by this means.

How to fill out the residency form for family reunification?

Generally, the procedure for reuniting family members is always the same. It is differentiated by the specific requirements they ask for depending on the family member to be reunited.

The possible cases are listed below.

How to regroup my children?

Only children under 18 can be reunited. In the case of community reunification, up to 21 years of age and only if the minor is a student and economically dependent.

If they have work they can regroup freely.

The limit higher than that age limit can be exceeded only if the child has a disability that makes him or her dependent.

In addition, it is not possible to reunite grandchildren.

It should provide the birth certificate at the time of application for it to show that they are legitimate children.

How to reunite my husband or wife?

According to an article of the Aliens Regulation, it is allowed to regroup spouses or any other person with another relationship.

Which means that it is also possible to regroup your partner or concubine. In addition, the civil partner or spouse can be reunited, whether of different sex or of the same sex.

The most important thing to keep in mind to regroup your partner or husband / wife is to present the marriage certificate or the registration of the common-law partner.

It is important that neither of the two members are already married to a third person.

Also, it must be demonstrated that it is not a matter of a couple of convenience by making use of a joint registration certificate or rental contract of both members.

How to reunite my mother or father?

Regrouping parents or in-laws can become one of the most complex regroups because the requirements are quite complex.

The ascendants to be reunited (parents or in-laws), must be over 65 years of age, be in charge of the sponsor, and there must be sufficient reasons to regroup them (for example, the need for intensive care due to advanced age).

Again, to demonstrate economic dependence, it will be necessary to show that during the last months the sponsor has transferred money to the regrouped or has been in charge of their important expenses.

Present a birth certificate to prove that they are the legitimate parents of the interested party.

How do I regroup my brother / sister?

It is not possible to regroup siblings. Or at least it is not through family reunification.

In order to bring your brother or sister to Spain, you must complete the process of community family reunification by extended family.

What is it for?

It is used to legally reunite the members of a family in the same territory.

Who must fill out the Residency Form for Family Reunification?

It is an immigration procedure initiated by a non-European citizen to bring another non-European citizen to Spain.

Who Issues It?

The Autonomous communities They are those that are assigned the competence to issue adequate housing reports, according to article 55.1 of the Immigration Regulations.

However, there is the possibility that the Autonomous Communities transfer the competence of the issuance of said reports to the local corporations. (Town councils). For this to be valid it is necessary that the Autonomous Community has previously notified the Secretary of State for Immigration and Emigration

How long does the report take?

The report must be issued and notified within 30 days after the date of the request.

However, if after that time nothing has been notified, compliance with having adequate housing must be proven. The body is still obligated to do so.

Consequently, in that case the interested party will have the option of continuing to wait for it or prove that requirement by other means of proof.

In any case, once the 30-day period expires, the immigration authorities will not assess the adequate housing report, unless the foreigner places it in the file. And voila, this is how the whole process will end.

Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar

Requirements to donate blood: Processes, Benefits and MORE

Have you never been a donor or do you not know the benefits that this entails? Stay! Here we will ...
Leer Más

How to know my Zip Code: List, Map and MORE

If you are wondering about the Zip Code, stay here reading this article from How to know my Postal Code ...
Leer Más

How to Know the Cadastral Reference: Documents, Consultation and MORE

How to Know the Cadastral Reference, is a record assigned for the property possessed by a person. Being a legal ...
Leer Más

How to Know Where to Vote: Table Votes, Register and MORE

How to Know Where to Vote is a question asked by those who want to exercise their right to vote ...
Leer Más

The Best Procedures Page

Generic filters

Deja un comentario