The Schengen Visa Form It is the document through which the Schengen visa is requested. It is a permit to access the country, of short duration or temporary, for visits of a maximum period of 90 days.
The visa obtained through the Schengen Visa Form, allows travel to all those countries of the Schengen area, but the request must be made to the country that is the initial destination of the trip. If you plan to travel and complete the form, we invite you to continue reading this article.
Schengen Visa Form Format
The first step to follow to obtain a Schengen visa, which allows a citizen to enter the states that make up this territory, is to fill out a Schengen Visa Form, usable for download online and free of charge, on the respective web pages of the embassies or consulates of these countries.
Subjects interested in obtaining a Schengen visa must have a series of documents that prove that they satisfy the requested requirements, in order to benefit from this travel permit.
The applicant must confirm that they attach all the required documentation, because if this is not the case, they may reject the visa to enter the European territory.
The documents required by the authorities and that must be delivered together with the Schengen Visa Form are:
- Schengen Visa Form duly filled out, you can download it here.
- Two passport size color photographs.
- Proof of appointment at the embassy, consulate or visa center.
- Medical insurance that has a minimum coverage in the amount of 30,000 euros.
- Reservation of round-trip ticket and accommodation for the total time of the trip.
- Proof of financial means.
- Proof that visa fees have been paid.
How to fill out the Schengen Visa Form?
Next we give you the instructions, for the proper filling of the four pages that make up the Schengen Visa Form:
- Surnames: Your last names as they appear in the passport.
- Surname of birth or previous surnames: In the case of having lost a surname due to marriage, maiden names.
- Names: As they appear in the passport.
- Date of birth: You must use the correct date format (day-month-year).
- Place of birth: Write the city where you were born.
- Country of birth: As it appears in your passport.
- Current nationality: This section is divided into two boxes, select the one that corresponds.
- Nationality at birth, if it differs from the current one: List your nationalities accordingly if you have more than one.
- Sex: Select the appropriate option.
- Marital status: Determine the corresponding box with an X.
- For minors: surnames, name, address, nationality of the person exercising parental authority or legal guardian: This section is only filled out when the application is made in the name of a minor. The data of the legal guardian must be correctly incorporated.
- National identity document number, if applicable: Linked to the identity card or DNI used in your country.
- Type of travel document: Select the appropriate box. For “normal” passports, the “Ordinary Passport” box must be selected.
- Travel document number: Here you must write the serial number of the passport.
- Expedition date: You must indicate the date when the passport was issued.
- Valid until: Write down the expiration date of the passport.
- Issued by: You must mention the national authority that issues your passport.
- Applicant’s postal address and email address: Enter your current home address and an email address.
- Resident in a country other than the country of current nationality: If you live in a place other than your nationality, you must provide the valid residence document at the time of application.
- Actual profession: Indicate the job you highlight at the time of the application.
- Employer’s name, address, and phone number. For students, name and address of the teaching center: Certain consulates may request the support of the information provided.
- Main reason or reasons for the trip: Select the appropriate box.
- Destination Member State (s): You can include several countries if applicable, first mentioning your main destination.
- Member state of first entry: Indicate the country you plan to enter.
- Number of tickets requested: Indicate the number of tickets you want to request on your visa.
- Expected duration of stay or transit / Indicate number of days: Write the number of days you will last in the country.
- Schengen visas issued in the last three years: If this is not the case, just check the box “No”.
- Fingerprints previously taken for Schengen visa applications: If it does not apply, just select the “No” box.
- Entry permit to the country of final destination, if applicable: In the event that you have another country as your final destination, write the number and the validity dates of the visa. If this is not the case, you can choose “Not Applicable” or leave it blank.
- Expected date of entry into the Schengen area: Annex to the requirements for applying for the Schengen visa, it must be given to the consul with a reservation for the means of transport to be used on the trip.
- Expected date of departure from the Schengen area: issues the date established in the return ticket reservation.
- Surname and name of the person who invited you to their country: If not, name of the hotel (s) or address of the place (s) of temporary accommodation in the Member States.
- You must investigate and have the data requested in the pertinent sections of this line ready: Postal address with the email address of the person who made you the invitation, the hotel or hotels or the place or places of temporary accommodation.
- Telephone and fax numbers: Write the numbers assigned to him.
- Name and address of the company or organization that issued the invitation: Complete this section if the invitation is from a company. Otherwise select “Not Applicable”.
- Last name, first name, address, telephone and fax numbers and email address of the company contact person: Telephone and fax numbers of the company.
- The applicant’s travel and subsistence expenses during their stay are covered: Here you will see various options from which you should choose the most appropriate to your case.
- Personal data of the family member who is a resident of the EU, EEA (EEA) or the Swiss Confederation: This should be completed only if the case applies. Otherwise, mark that “Not Applicable” in the corresponding sections.
- Relationship with the EU, EEA (EEA) or Swiss Confederation citizen: Here you can register the type of relationship with this person.
- Place and date: Indicates the city where the visa is being made and the date of the application.
- Firm: Print your signature that identifies you.
- You must record the signature, address and date at the end of the last page of the form, certifying that you have read it completely, and that you agree with the use of the information issued.
Usefulness of the Schengen Visa Form
The Schengen Visa Form, is the document through which you process the Schengen visa, which allows you to transit through the Schengen area, for a maximum of 90 days during a period of 6 months.
The states that make up the Schengen area are the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Iceland, Italy, Austria, Greece, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Norway, Portugal, Poland, France, Sweden, Germany, Slovakia, Slovenia, Finland, Switzerland, Denmark, Czech Republic, Hungary and Estonia. See page Web.
Who Should Fill It Out?
Anyone interested in traveling is authorized to request a Schengen visa, as long as you have all the required documentation in order, and have the financial means to support yourself during your stay in the Schengen Area.
Citizens of much of the world will require a Schengen visa, to legally travel to the Schengen countries. It is based on a regulation that involves, for example, countries such as India, China, Russia and African countries.
Thus, the United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Australia and Japan signed visa privilege agreements with the European Union, which stipulates that its inhabitants are not subject to having a visa for visits of less than 90 days.
To the inhabitants of these countries that belong to other nations, who do not have those same exemption agreements, a visa will be required.
Who Issues It?
Interested travelers can manage their visa, the any embassy or consulate of the country you want to visit, although some countries, such as France, have omitted the visa application process.
This procedure must be carried out at the embassy of the country, which will stay up to a few days during the stay. For trips with various stops in the Schengen area that do not have an initial destination, it is suggested to enter the country through the state where you will land.
What is the Schengen Visa Form?
The Schengen Visa Form It is the application for the Schengen visa, which officially authorizes you to travel to any of the 26 countries that make up the Schengen territory, and helps you stay in their territory for a maximum of 90 days.
It should be noted that any person who cannot deliver the necessary documents with the visa application cannot enter the border, so it is suggested that travelers always have their copies during the trip.
Important, it will always be required show the passport or identity document, a letter stating the reasons for the trip, a reservation of the accommodation, documents that certify that you have the economic capacity to pay the duration of the stay, a recent photograph and travel medical insurance.
As a general rule, the application must be submitted together with all these documents with at least 90 days in advance, before the scheduled departure date. More information on the page Web.
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar