If you are a foreigner and want to be legally resident in Spain, you must obtain the Temporary Residence Form on Own Account to start the process.
Here you will find out how to obtain it, what it is and how it is formatted. Do not miss it!
What is the Temporary Self-Employment Form?
It is a document that authorizes temporary residence and work for a person with a nationality other than Spanish. Thus, she can carry out any activity that provides her with income on her own.
- Law 12/2012 of December 26: urgent measures to liberalize certain services and trade.
- Organic Law 4/2000 of January 11: rights and freedoms of foreigners in Spain and Social Integration (articles 25 bis, 36 and 37).
- Regulation of Organic Law 4/2000 approved by Royal Decree 557/2011 of April 20 (from article 103 to 109).
- Law 39/2015 of October 1: Common Administrative Procedure of Public Administrations.
- Instruction DGI / SGRJ / 05/2007: incorporation of certain reports that will have the fulfillment of certain requirements that are a general rule considered as means of evidence, without prejudice to evidence admitted by law. This applied to the temporary residence and self-employment authorization files.
- Be without a criminal record, considered as Spanish crimes, neither in Spain nor in any other country in which the holder resided.
- Not be in an interrupted way in Spanish territory.
- In no way, have the entry prohibited to Spain or to any country with which this nation has agreements.
- Not being a citizen or a relative of someone belonging to a State of the European Union, due to the fact that the Union citizen regime is applied to them.
- Comply with the requirements that current legislation requires to achieve the opening and operation of the activity.
- Not be committed to the non-return to Spain that a foreigner grants when he voluntarily returns to his country of origin.
- Possess a required professional title, verifiable experience or membership.
- Accreditation of the planned investment as sufficient and its impact on job creation.
- Equally, accreditation of possession of economic resources enough to cover board and lodging once deducted.
Format of the Temporary Residence Form on Own Account
The data that the form must contain are mentioned below:
TITLE: Application for authorization of temporary residence and self-employment (LO 4/2000 and RD 557/2011)
WORKER’S DATA: Passport number, surnames, first names, sex, date of birth, specific place or country of birth, nationality, marital status, name of father and mother, address in Spain, apartment number, town, province, mobile phone and e -mail.
If you have a legal representative, detail: DNI / NIE / PAS and Title.
Also specify if you have dependent children of school age in Spain.
ACTIVITY DATA: Company name, NIF, position / activity in the company or self-employment, address, floor number, town, province, mobile phone and e-mail.
DATA OF THE REPRESENTATIVE FOR THE PURPOSES OF SUBMITTING THE APPLICATION: Name, company name, DNI / NIE / PAS, address in Spain, apartment number, town, province, mobile phone and e-mail.
DOMICILE FOR THE PURPOSE OF NOTIFICATIONS: Name, company name, DNI / NIE / PAS, address in Spain, floor number, town, province, mobile phone and e-mail.
You give your consent to authorize communication and notifications through electronic means by means of a signature, the name and surname of the owner.
TYPE OF AUTHORIZATION REQUESTED:
- Alien voluntarily returned.
- General assumption of resident outside of Spain.
- Holder of authorization of stay for studies, research or practices that ceases in such condition.
- Holder of previous residence / residence and work authorization who ceases in such condition.
- Nationals and their families covered by international, multilateral or bilateral Conventions / Agreements.
- Holder of residence permit for job search (DA 17th Law 14/2013).
- Others (specify).
- 1st RENEWAL.
- 2nd RENEWAL.
- Initial / Renewed temporary residence and self-employment authorization holder.
- Others (specify).
- Activity sector.
- Territorial scope.
- Authorization for someone else’s own account.
- Others (specify).
- Holder of temporary residence and employment authorization.
- Others (specify).
You grant or not the consultation on your data and documents provided to the administration. In case of not granting, you must report it through the corresponding documents.
Then, you will have to give your signature as a worker or that of your legal representative. Specify to whom the document is addressed, provide the DIR3 code, the province in which the procedure was carried out, name and surname of the holder.
In this section you must write down the documents on which your verification or consultation is authorized. Specifying:
BODY / ADMINISTRATION DOCUMENT / SUBMISSION DATE.
In this section you must write down the documents for which consent for consultation is denied.
How to fill out the Temporary Residence Form on your own account?
- Personally, the foreigner must submit the application.
- Go to the place of presentation: consular office or Spanish diplomatic mission in the territory where the interested party is located.
- Residence and work rates. Amounts to be paid in a set time of 10 business days based on the following models:
– Model 790, code 052, section 2.1 (Initial authorization of temporary residence)
– Model 790, code 062, section 1.5 (Self-employment authorizations)
3 months from the day following the registration of the application, is the deadline for its resolution. If after that time there are no notifications about the process, the request is considered rejected due to administrative silence.
The center where the request has been made is in charge of informing whether or not it proceeds.
If there is a concession, the applicant has one month from the moment he is notified to personally request temporary residence at the nearest Spanish consulate. It should go with the following requirements on hand:
- Passport or travel document valid in Spain with a minimum validity of 4 months.
- Criminal record certificate issued by the government of the country where you have resided in recent years.
- Proof of the payment pertinent to the visa.
- Medical certificate.
- Once the residence concession has been notified, the worker must collect it in person within a month from the date of notification.
- Once the residence is obtained, the worker must enter Spanish territory within the validity period of the visa, which will be three months.
- Once inside Spain, the worker has three months for his affiliation to take place.
What is it for?
This form authorizes the residence and self-employment to a foreigner temporarily, so for this person it represents a benefit of stay for a certain time and grants him the opportunity to live in Spanish territory in a completely legal way.
Who must process the Temporary Residence Form on their own account?
This procedure is carried out by all foreign person over 18 years of age who seeks to stay in Spain, in a period of no more than 90 days and less than 5 years, and also work on their own.
Who Issues It?
The Temporary Residence Form it is issued by the Consulate General Spanish in the territory in which the applicant is located.
- Royal Decree 557/2011
- All documentation that is delivered to process this form must be translated into Spanish.
- Depending on how the Consulate manages this process, they may request a personal interview or some other additional requirement.
- The deadline for submitting the requirements is 10 business days.
- One month is the deadline for applying for the visa.
- As of the notification of the concession, one month is granted to collect the visa. If this time is not met, it will be understood as a resignation.
- The data must be verified by the applicant when picking up the passport.
Success in the process!
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar