As time goes by we gradually lose the ability to perform certain activities and that is why there is what we call retirement, at which time we can continue in our life without working, just to rest.
The requirements for retirement in Spain they will be explained as follows.
In this case, they will show how the person should be in order to acquire the pension benefit
- First of all, it is necessary be affiliated with Social Security in any of the regimes that are contemplated, be it the general, the special one of the sea and mining or that of self-employed workers.
- Regarding the minimum age, it will be 67 years in 2027 But until then, a transitional regime has been established since January 1, 2013. This regime starts at 65 years of age and delays retirement at the rate of one month each year from 2013 to 2018, and two months per year from 2018 to 2027. So until 67 are reached.
- The term minimum quoted is 15 years to be entitled to a contributory pension. Both for workers who are registered with Social Security or in an assimilated situation, as well as for those who are not in these situations, the minimum generic period is 15 years or 5,475 days of contributions.
This retirement is when the unfortunate person has to stop working because he acquired these disabilities:
- Intellectual disability (formerly mental retardation).
- Cerebral palsy.
- Genetic abnormalities:
- Down’s Syndrome.
- Prader Willi syndrome.
- X fragile syndrome.
- Imperfect osteogenesis.
- Cystic fibrosis.
- Wilson’s disease.
- Autism spectrum disorders.
- Congenital abnormalities secondary to Thalidomide.
- Postpolio syndrome.
- Brain damage (acquired):
- Head injury.
- Sequelae of CNS tumors, infections or poisonings.
- Mental illness:
- Bipolar disorder.
- Neurological disease:
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis.
- Multiple sclerosis.
- Tourette syndrome.
- Traumatic spinal cord injury.
In the case of early retirement, it must be at these ages
This age can only be met if the person is able to meet all the contributions, but they retire at that age because they are working from a very early age
- From the age of 60.
- From 61 years old.
- From the age of 64.
The worker must have proven a minimum period of 35 years of contribution.
Of that contribution period, at least 2 years must have been contributed within the 15 years immediately prior to the time of requesting early retirement.
To be able to access this type of retirement, it is a requirement that the resulting pension is not less than the one that would correspond to the worker due to his family situation when he reaches 65 years of age.
For flexible retirement
Entering into a part-time contract as an employee that involves a reduction in the working day and salary of between 25% and 75% of the full time of a comparable worker, understood as a full-time worker from the same company and center job, with the same type of employment contract and performing identical or similar work. If there is no comparable full-time worker in the company, the full-time working day provided for in the applicable collective agreement will be considered or, failing that, the legal maximum working day.
Retirement without non-contributory
- Lack of income:
This is one of the requirements that must always be accredited if you want to qualify for a pension of these characteristics.
For this year 2018, the applicant should not be receiving income or income higher than 5,178.60 euros per year, since otherwise he will not be a beneficiary of these benefits.
- You must be 65 years of age or older at the time of application.
- You must be residing in Spanish territory and have done so for at least 10 years between the age of sixteen and the date on which you can already collect the pension, that is, the date of accrual of this. In addition, of these ten years of residence in Spain, at least two of them must have been consecutive.
- exceptions in early retirement.
- Workers who carry out “painful, toxic, dangerous or unhealthy activities and people with disabilities equal to or greater than 45% or 65%” will be able to benefit from the so-called age bonuses.
- In addition, employed agricultural workers must prove that, in the last 10 years of contributions, at least 6 correspond to periods of effective activity in this special system.
Retirement without non-contributory disability
- The applicant must be of legal age and must not be over 65 years of age.
- You must be residing in the national territory and you must have been for at least five years, two of which must have been consecutive and immediately prior to the date on which you request a pension.
- In addition, you must prove a degree of disability equal to or greater than 65%.
Documentation needed to retire
These documents are necessary to comply with the requirements for retirement And if you can enjoy a good old age after having a life working for a company
- Accreditation of the identity of the applicant or legal representative by presenting the DNI, or if he is a foreigner, resident or not, the passport or the identity document in force in his country, plus the NIE required by the AEAT (State Tax Administration Agency) .
- Documentation accrediting legal representation, if applicable.
- Proof of payment of contributions for the last 3 months (if the subject is the one who is obliged to present them), and the termination of work occurs in that period.
Here are some special cases:
- Special retirement at age 64. The company certification on the data of the substitute worker must be presented (in addition to the previous documents).
- Partial retirement. The company certification on the labor data of the partial retiree and the reliever worker must be presented.
- Early retirement. If it is with an age bonus and for special illness, the corresponding company certificate or the certificate of disability and recognized degree issued by the IMSERSO or competent body must be delivered. Along with this documentation, you must also present proof of the need for help from third parties or for reduced mobility.
- Forced termination. If retirement is going to occur between the ages of 60 and 65 and no unemployment benefit is being received, the document must be presented proving that the employment contract or the services in the Public Administration were terminated for reasons beyond one’s own control. .
- To include in healthcare. In this case, the family book, literal certification or records of the Civil Registry must be presented that prove the relationship with the applicant; the judicial act or certificate of foster care; the judicial resolution of separation or divorce (the custody of minor children and the amount of the compensatory pension to the spouse, or similar, must be stated) and the proof of habitual residence in Spain.
Steps to retire in Spain
How can you retire? easy to gather all requirements and documents
to retire and follow these steps that will be mentioned below:
Inform the company where you are working that I am going to retire through a letter
Go with all the documents to any Social Security Information and Service Center (CAISS) in Spain and leave contact information to inform you if your retirement is approved.
You are waiting for him to contact you to find out if you have already been approved for retirement.
Retirement process sites
You can go to any office of the Social Security Information and Attention Center (CAISS) to process the pension, to find out the office that is close to your home visit: http://www.seg-social.es/wps/portal/wss/internet/OficinaSeguridadSocial
How much is charged for retirement?
The payment of retirement pensions in Spain is valued at 1,101.73 euros per month
The minimum pension retirement for a person over 65 years of age and with a dependent spouse stands at 810.6 euros per month; Obligatory Old-Age and Disability Insurance pensions (SOVI) will reach 420.50 euros per month and non-contributory pensions they will stay at 380.1 euros per month. Regarding the income limit, compatible with the collection of the minimum pension, will be 7,347.99 euros per year.
How is pension calculated?
The first step will be to collect the contribution bases to social security in the last years prior to retirement. The calculation takes into account the 19 years prior to retirement.
Once the contribution bases are in place, we will proceed to add them and divide them by 266. So we will obtain what is known as the regulatory base. We must not confuse it with the retirement pension. For this, a series of adjustments must be made on the regulatory basis.
The regulatory base must be adjusted according to the number of years of contributions throughout our working life. 15 years of contributions give the right to 50% of the regulatory base. And to access 100% it is necessary to be 36 years old.
The regulatory base of those workers who access retirement before reaching ordinary age will suffer a reduction based on anticipated time the retirement age.
For more information on the calculation of this monthly payment of the old-age pension, you can advise the Social Security Information and Attention Center (CAISS) to have the correct information on how much you are going to charge.
When does the retirement payment start?
The economic effects of the retirement benefit start from the day
following the causal event. That is, one day after turning 65 or being discharged from the company or as a self-employed person. Therefore, your first payment will be entered in the last days of that same month. Remember, you are entitled to 14 annual payments (12 for each month and two extraordinary ones in June and December).
What is a retirement?
It is the moment when a person does not have the mental or physical capacity to do a job because they no longer have the same capacity as before.
It is also the administrative process that a person must do, to collect a monetary pension for all the years of work in a company,
Types of retirement in Spain
Here we explain the types of retirement that may exist in Spain and what each one consists of.
- Total Retirement: When fulfilling the general requirements for access to the retirement pension, the worker completely ceases his work activity.
- Partial Retirement: It makes possible the compatibility between the receipt of a retirement from the Social Security System and a part-time job.
- Early retirement: Employed workers with 60 years of age, included in the General Regime who had the status of mutual members in a Labor Mutuality of employed workers, before January 1, 1967. This possibility is not applicable to workers who do not know are registered or in a situation assimilated to discharge. Workers with 61 years of age registered as job seekers, for a period of at least 6 months immediately prior to the date of request for retirement, who prove a minimum effective contribution period of 30 years, without, to such effects, the proportional part for extraordinary payments is taken into account and that the termination of work is not due to a cause attributable to the free will of the worker.
- Flexible Retirement: Workers who decide to reconcile the retirement pension already earned with a part-time job, whether it is a job started after retirement or simultaneously.
- Disability Retirement: Public officials who agree to their total, absolute or severe permanent disability, before reaching the retirement age, suffer a disability of one of the aforementioned degrees.
- Non-Contributory Retirement: They are those retirements that Social Security offers to people who have never contributed or who have done so insufficiently and therefore are not able to receive a contributory pension.
This type of non-contributory pension ensures a fixed amount of money, medical-pharmaceutical assistance and basic social services.
The right to these non-contributory benefits corresponds to all those Spanish citizens, equal nationals and of the European Union, being respect to the nationals of other countries to what is provided in international treaties,
How many contributions does it take to become a retiree?
The minimum contribution must be 15 years or 5,475 days of contributions. Yes later
While the person still feels energetic and also has the mental capacity, they can continue with their work without any problem.
How often do you have to renew your retirement papers?
Document renewal documents should only be renewed if the retired person has these changes:
- Changes in marital status, births, deaths.
- Changes of address.
- Start of work activities.
- The recognition and / or collection of other pensions, whether national or foreign.
It should also be borne in mind that the Social Security Information and Attention Center (CAISS) can request the renewal of documents and requirements for retirement anytime
Retirement in Spain for a foreigner
As in Spain there are foreign people who work in the country, they also have the option of retiring in Spain. The requirements for retirement in Spain they are:
- They must have been listed in Spain for at least 15 years.
- Of the aforementioned years, at least the 2 must be within the 15 years immediately preceding the moment of causing the right to retirement or the date on which the obligation to contribute ceased.
What to do if you do not have the established minimum listed in Spain?
The Social Security of Spain has Bilateral Agreements in the matter of retirement signed with other countries. If you are a national of the country that signed the agreement, the contribution time that you have in this country will be taken into account to determine the total contribution time. That is, if you have contributed 8 years in Spain and 12 years in Ecuador, in total between two countries, you meet 20 years. The 20 years exceed the limit of 15 established to access retirement in Spain, with which, you can obtain a retirement in this country.
The INSS of Spain will request information regarding the time of contribution in your country of origin and once this data is obtained it will carry out the calculation taking into account the proportional part of the time that belongs to the contribution in Spain; and after performing the calculation, depending on your contribution bases, it will grant a monetary amount that you should collect as the pension. If this amount is less than the minimum Spanish pension and you prove that you reside in Spain, this amount will be supplemented with a “residence supplement”. The amount of the «residence supplement» may vary depending on the pensions of foreign institutions and will be eliminated if you establish your residence outside the territory of Spain.
Countries that have agreements with Spain regarding retirement
- Cape Verde.
- Dominican Republic.
Related articles that may interest you