First of all, for Apply for Social Security Card, it is necessary that you comply with each of the requested requirements. In the same way, that allows you to keep an adequate record of your salary and respective income on your own account.
That is why, in this article, we will provide you with all the information regarding obtaining this card. Likewise, it is essential that you take your situation into account to know if you can apply to it. Below we will tell you what it is for, how to request it and much more.
What is the Social Security Card?
To begin with, it must be said that, at different times in each person’s life, Social Security provides benefits and services. Also, if you want to know or have questions about your current or future health insurance or social security benefits, no miss the opportunity to consult an expert from the Social Security Administration (SSA).
Also, this insurance offers the availability of a card with multiple services in this regard. In the same way, it is necessary that you comply with each of the essential requirements for Apply for Social Security Card. With which, only then can you guarantee an optimal and successful process.
Additionally, this card contains a Social Security Number. Therefore, the Social Security Number or Social Security Number, generally abbreviated as “SSN“It is a very important number. It also contains 9 digits that everyone who wants to work in the United States needs.
Similarly, upon arrival with an immigrant visa, they will be considered permanent residents. Every permanent resident needs a SSN. So this is important, as you need it to get a job. It will also help you open a bank account and is essential for tax purposes.
Finally, we suggest that you always keep your Social Security Card (SNN) and other important documents in a safe and secure place. no share them unnecessarily with anyone. At the same time, all the information you provide when obtaining the SSN is confidential and no will be shared with third parties.
What is the Social Security Card for?
- So you can get a job
- Receive Social Security and other government benefits
- Also, you should keep your Social Security card in a safe place with your other important documents and avoid unnecessary disclosure.
Requirements for the Card Application
- First, only Certain documents will be accepted as proof of your US citizenship
- Hence, these include a U.S. birth certificate, certificate, or passport
- You must show your birth certificate or certificate
- If the birth certificate or certificate no exists, we can consider other documents
- Such as religious records published before age 5, showing your date of birth
- US passport or some medical records from US hospitals.
- Now in case you’ve lived out of from the USA, for an extended period, you can use your current or old passport
- As well as school and / or work records, and any other records that indicate that you have lived outside of the United States.
- Likewise, if do you live in the United States and want to Apply for original Social Security Card, you may be asked to provide information about the school you attended
- Also, you can provide a copy of your tax return to show that you have never obtained a social security number.
- You can replace your Social Security card for free if it was stolen or lost
- However, you are limited to three replacements per year and a maximum of 10 during your lifetime.
- Likewise, the changes legal name and some other exceptions do not count toward these limits.
- Similarly, if you can prove that you need the card to prevent a hardship, possibly no are affected by these limits
- Also, you must submit Form I-551 *
- The I-94 * or stamp of admission to the country in your valid foreign passport AND the I-766 * or Employment Authorization Document (card)
- If you have an F-1 student visa and are authorized to work, then you must present a letter written by your representative school
- If you need a number to meet state or municipality requirements, you must submit a letter from that agency
- With which, it must show your ID, cite the law that requires you to have a Social Security number, meet all requirements
- If change your name, become a U.S. citizen, or change your immigration status or work permit, you must report the matter
- This notification must be made to the Social Security Administration so that your records can be updated and new cards can be issued if necessary.
- In this way, it is essential that you present the document valid I-551 Lawful Permanent Resident Card
- Like I-94 Arrival and Departure Record with valid foreign passport or admission stamp in foreign passport valid
- Finally I-766 Employment Authorization Document, (EAD, permit to work) from the Department of Homeland Security
- Some of them are Form I-551 (Legal Permanent Resident Card, machine-readable immigrant visa);
- Form I-766 (Employment Authorization Document, EAD, permission to work)
- As well as, Form I-94 (Arrival and Departure Record) with stamp of admission in the valid foreign passport
- On the other hand, if you are an F-1 or M-1 student, you must also show your I-20 (Certificate of eligibility as a student who is not an immigrant)
- Finally, if you are a J-1 or J-2 exchange visitor, you must show your DS-2019 (Certificate of Eligibility as an Exchange Visitor)
Who Should Apply for the Social Security Card?
Now, once the above information has been mentioned, it is important to take into account an additional point. With which, this is about who should Apply for Social Security Card in the U.S. That is why, below we will detail each of the situations in which you can request this card.
- Adult Born in the United States
- United States Citizen Born Abroad
- Immigrant Adult
- Child Born in the United States
- Minor United States Citizen Born Abroad
- Immigrant minor
How to make the request?
As for how you should Apply for Social Security Card, you need to take three simple steps into account. Therefore, first of all, you must complete each of the requirements that we mentioned at the beginning of this article. Therefore, we suggest that you be very careful when collecting them to avoid inconveniences.
Then as second step, you must proceed to print and fill out the corresponding application. With which, this consists of being the form SS – 5- SP. Similarly, to apply for this card you must provide at least two documents that confirm your age, identity, citizenship or immigrant status. in the U.S.
Also, in these documents, you must show an authorization that allows you the possibility of working. However, in case you do not have it, you must prove a valid reason. So this must be necessary for you to have the availability of Apply for Social Security Card without inconvenience.
Finally, in the third step, it will be because you send your application and documents to the Social Security Office. To do this, you will need to do click here. Once inside the entity’s web portal, you must enter the ZIP code of your location. In this way, you will be able to obtain information about the office that corresponds to you to attend.
First, it should be noted that the entity is constantly expanding its services online to give you freedom and control when doing paperwork with Social Security. Today, you can apply for retirement, disability and Medicare benefits online.
As well as, check the status of an application or appeal, Apply for a Social Security Card replacement (in most areas), print a benefit verification letter, and more. With which, this can be done from anywhere and from any of your devices.
Thus, in the first place, the Administration of the Social Security provides applications for retirement benefits online, which you can complete in just 15 minutes. At the same time, you can apply in the comfort of your home or office and choose the most convenient time to do it.
Now, to be entitled to receive benefits from Social Security Due to disability, it is necessary to have held jobs where taxes were paid for this entity. Additionally, you must have a medical condition that meets the Social Security definition of disability.
Finally, you can apply for Medicare online even if no you are ready to retire. So you use the online application to enroll in Medicare. In addition, no there are forms to sign and usually no other documentation is required. Finally, Social Security will process your application and contact you.
We hope you get your Social Security Card successfully!
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar