The Form G-884 corresponds to the Request for Return of Original Documents delivered to do some paperwork US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). It is a very simple procedure, but very important because documents of this type should not be delivered under any circumstances. If you did, then you will be interested to know about this form.
Today we will be explaining what this form is like, what data it includes, what are the instructions you must follow to fill it out and present it, what it is for exactly and much, much more. So do not go away! Stay and know all about Form G884 In one single place.
What is Form G-884 like?
To know How is Form G-884 It will allow you to be aware of the data that will be requested in the process of filling out this document. It will even serve as a guide to do it correctly because you will be prepared to some extent to do it. This and the following section will be very helpful when filling out the form.
First, you should know that the form is presented in Pdf format. However, and as with all the forms provided by USCIS, this one is enabled to be filled out directly in the PDF. As a result, you can fill it out, print it, and deliver it in that same order.
Unlike other forms, it is not available to be filled out online. However, as we already covered, the process is still fairly straightforward. In fact, the only data that will be requested are:
- To get started, you will find the Applicant’s Personal Data. You will need to enter your full name, postal address, Alien registration number, USCIS account number, information about your birth (city, country, date) and, finally, information about the documents you want returned.
- Next, you will see the section of Data for the Identification of the Personal Registry. The subject’s full name, other names used, birth information, information about entering the country, US citizenship information are requested.
- In addition, they will ask for the name on the citizenship certificate and the location of the USCIS Court or Office that carried out the naturalization.
- Contact information, declaration and signature of the interpreter (if applicable) and / or of the third party who completed the form, if it was not the applicant (if applicable). This corresponds to parts 3 and 4.
- Declaration, certification, signature and sworn declaration of identity From applicant.
- Finally, you will find the section corresponding to part six: Additional Information. Additional sheets can be used if necessary, but these must be correctly identified.
As you can see, it essentially contains the data of the applicant, the procedure and the person involved in it. Likewise, information about the possible interpreter or third party who participated in the process of filling out the form can be distinguished.
The good thing about this process is that you can fill out the form from the comfort of where you are, whenever you can. In fact, you can take the time to know everything you need to know about the document, something that you are already doing if you are here.
Now that you know what information you must provide to USCIS, we can move on to talking about the parameters you must follow to fill out the Form G-884. However, before getting there, first access the form.
Instructions for Form G-884
The Instructions for Form G-884 it is probably as important as the form itself. This will allow you to know exactly how to fill out the form and present it, in addition to mentioning other aspects that you must take into account.
Consequently, it is not just taking the form, filling it out and submitting it. You have to do it correctly, so that you can avoid setbacks in the process. That’s what the Instructive, which consists of only six (06) pages, all very useful. In fact, some of the points that will be touched are:
- The document can be typed or printed legibly in black ink.
- You have the section of Additional Information in case you need it. Likewise, you can attach additional sheets with the pertinent information. Of course, you must identify the top of each sheet with the name and Alien Registration Number Yes there are.
- You must also indicate the page number, part and item to which you will refer. Don’t forget to sign and date each sheet.
- If a section does not apply, write N / A. Alone and only if it does not apply. Likewise, if they request numbers, enter 0. If it is a question, None (How many children does he have? None). The fields that say If Any They are not required, they should only be filled out when applicable.
- Documents must be attached that support what is expressed in the form. You will find more about this in the Specific Instructions section or in What Evidence Must You Submit.
- You must provide legible copies of any document that you attach to this form.
- IF one of these documents is in a language other than English, the translation must be included.
- Only one form is filled out if you require numerous documents that are part of a single USCIS file. That is, if the request is for more than one procedure, then a form must be attached for each one.
- Finally, keep in mind that if the form does not contain the signature and it is not completely filled out will not be received.
These are general instructions, but you will find that there are certain specific instructions for each part of the form. Read it as many times as necessary and then you can proceed to fill it out. Sadly, it is only in English, so if you don’t have a good command of this language, you should ask a third party for help.
Usefulness of Form G-884
The Form G-884 is used to make the Request for Original Documents, as we already established at the time. You may have carried out a procedure, attached a form, and by mistake you have included original documents, for which you need to present this document.
We say ‘by mistake’, because the USCIS policy is to return the original documents that are requested as support for a form, application, petition, among others. Consequently, this is more oriented to that occasion where you delivered an original document than it was not required in the instructions of the form of the procedure that you carried out.
In addition, you must bear in mind that if you delivered a document that was not requested, then
ces there is the possibility that it has been destroyed. However, by submitting this form you will know if it is available. If so, then they will be returned for use.
Keep in mind that you must supply one form per process. That is, if you want to request the original birth certificate of your parents for the process of Requesting Permanent Legal Residence (Green card), for example, then you submit Form G-884.
However, if you also need your birth certificate that you provided for the procedure you did in requesting authorization to work, then you must already present another form.
In conclusion, it is used to request the return of original documents that were not requested by USCIS, since those requested are returned and therefore do not require the presentation of this form.
Submit the Form
With respect to Filing Form I-485, andThis is the last aspect that we are going to deal with in order to synthesize everything. Since you know what data they request, how to fill it out and what it is for exactly, we can move on to the next step, which corresponds to the presentation of the document.
Basically all the procedure to request certain return documents is carried out as follows shape:
- To get started, you should read the instructive to fill out the form as many times as necessary.
- Next, you must proceed to fill out and sign the form. The latter is very important, because if it is not signed, it will not be accepted by USCIS. Neither this nor any other form.
- In addition, you must gather the documentation required to support the form. This procedure does not have a filing fee, so you do not have to pay anything.
- Already with all the requirements, go to the place that is currently processing your case. It can be a USCIS district office, sub-office, or service center. In the event that a response regarding the procedure has already been announced, then you should go to the site that carried out the last action regarding the case.
- For this, you can see the case status online by clicking here. At the same time, you can view information about USCIS offices online here.
- Finally, wait for the notifications to arrive about the process.
This is how this whole process is carried out. As you can see, it is a very simple procedure that does not take much effort. If you follow everything that we have told you today, then it should be very easy to achieve your mission.
What is it?
The Form G-884 is a document whose purpose is to make Request for Return of Original Documents that were delivered in a procedure without being required by USCIS. It consists of six pages and contains the data of the applicant, the subject, the case and the people involved in this procedure.
To fill it out, you must use the instructions and we recommend filling it out in a typewritten way for greater readability. Likewise, you will find all the indications in the instructions, along with the possible documents that you must present as support.
We hope we have helped you with what you were looking for and remember not to submit any unsigned forms.
Until next time!
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar