There are people who have the opportunity to give a home to the children who need it most. Because of this, they make the decision to adopt it. In the United States to carry out this process, the citizen must complete the Form I-600.
This document is very important in classifying an orphan for adoption by an American family. If you are interested in this topic, we recommend that you continue reading, this very important topic.
What is Form I-600 like?
US citizens use the Form to classify an orphan. You are usually a resident of a country that is not part of the Hague Adoption Convention.
They should take into account that the Form I-600 It is in English and can be downloaded in the following link. You will directly have the document on file PDF.
Completion of Form I-600
When you have the Form I-600 it’s divided in 10 parts. But before starting with the first one, the person in charge must mark and highlight what refers to the exclusive use of the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services.
- In your request you must mark if you are married or single.
- Check if the application is approved or the petitioner can adopt orphan abroad, orphan will come to the United States For its adoption, the pre-adoption requirements have been met or if it is denied.
- On «Fee stamp» the rate stamp must be affixed.
- Finally district.
To start with the first part, you can write directly to the file PDF or you can print it to fill it with legible handwriting and in black pen.
You will need to complete a separate petition for each child. This request is made to classify the orphan called immediate relative. Then you must fill in the following information:
- Highlight if it has an intermediate name, as applicable.
- Next you should highlight if you have other names that you have used such as: single, nickname, alias. In given that apply.
- If you have a postal address in the USA, you must put the name of who is in charge of the address. Enter the street name, city, state and Postal Code.
- Answer if your current mailing address in the United States is the same as the physical address.
- If you have your physical address, you must fill in the same information as your postal address.
- Add your date of birth, plus put the city or town where he was born.
- State or province and country of birth.
- Then they will ask you for all information on US citizenship.
In this part of the Form I-600 it must be completed with information regarding the orphan beneficiary. That is, information such as your birth name, gender type, date of birth. In addition, to place the city or town where he was born; the state or province and the country.
Next you must mark an option of because the beneficiary is an orphan. The first highlights if he or she does not have parents due to death or disappearance, abandonment or desertion or separation or loss of both and the second that he or she only has a single or surviving parent who is unable to provide adequate care and who has released irrevocably to the child to emigrate.
In the question 10 of the second part highlights that if the orphan has only one sole parent or survivor, answer the following:
- What happened to the previous biological father?
- Is the parent fit and able to provide adequate care for the child? Answer Otherwise.
- Has the father irrevocably released the orphan for emigration for the adoption process? Otherwise.
In the question 11 must place Otherwise in which case you and your spouse (since you are married) adopted the beneficiary abroad.
Among other questions you must answer in this section.
In this section you should fill in information about the home study and the primary adoption service provider. In question 1 From this part, the citizen must choose one of the following options:
- It was previously shipped with your request for Form I-600 approved.
- It was previously sent with your request pending the Form I-600.
- This form is attached to the person.
- This form was not attached because the state requirements need review and documentation. The appropriate state authority has indicated that it will send the home study directly to the citizenship and immigration services of the USA.
For the second question, you will need to provide the name and address of your primary provider of adoption services in the United States.
In this fourth section, everything related to people with disabilities and / or impairments. The fifth part will highlight the petitioner’s statement, acknowledgment of the Application Assistance (ASC), certification, signature and contact information.
The paragraph 6 highlights everything related to the petitioner’s disclosure, in the 7 is named after the declaration of the spouse acknowledgment of the Application Assistance (ASC), certification, signature and contact information.
Section 8 It is related to the disclosure of the spouse, then the 9 has as its purpose the name of the interpreter, contact information, certification and signature.
And finally they must fill in the Form I-600, is the contact information, statement, certification and signature of the person preparing this petition.
Any questions that the person has, should take into account that they have a instructive explaining the Form I-600.
Usefulness of Form I-600
Americans use the Form I-600 to classify an orphan, who usually resides frequently in a country that is not integrated into the Hague Adoption Convention.
Also, there is the case in which the citizen adopts the minor as a close relative, so that the child can remain and enter the United States territory.
It is important to note that each year many American citizens make the decision to adopt foreign-born children. This is called intercountry or international adoption.
Americans are very strict on this issue and above all perform the procedures.
There are several procedures to bring a child, but for you to be chosen you must comply with the following:
- Must be American citizen.
- If you are married, your spouse must also sign the Form I-600.
- In the event that you are not married, you must be at least 25 years old, so you can submit your application for Form I-600.
- Show that you are fit and have all the tools to adopt a child.
- Prove that the minor who has adopted or who plans to adopt is an orphan, following what determines the United States immigration law.
- Respecting this law, you and your spouse in case you are married, have adopted the child abroad and lived the experience in the process.
- Also, you and your spouse, if you are married, you will adopt the orphan in the United States after the child has arrived in that country, you must have permission to remove the minor from your native country to move you to the United States for adoption.
- Finally, the citizen must file an orphan child petition before that the minor turns 16, or before he turns 18. If there is a case that the child has a biological brother of another child who also adopted him and who immigrated, he must comply with the United States immigration law.
It is important to note that the filing fee involved in the Form I-600 is at least 775 US dollars for each request, unless the children are blood siblings.
You do not need a fee if the person is requesting the basis of a Form I-600. In addition, applicants must cancel the biometric service which has a cost of 86 US dollars, for each adult that makes up your family nucleus, unless previous fingerprints are valid or individuals are eligible for a free (one-time) reprinting.
United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will inform the citizen residing abroad if he has to pay the biometric service fee.
The applicant can cancel the determined fee with a money order, personal check or cashier’s check. You can also cancel with your credit card using the Form G-1450, which is a permit to pay with this type of card.
If you cancel with the check mode, you must make it payable to US Department of Homeland Security. You should be aware that service centers do not accept credit cards.
What is it?
As we mentioned at the beginning of the article, the Form I-600, it is a super important document in the American territory. This document is used by American families who want to adopt a child who has been orphaned, so that he can have freedom in that country.
How to file Form I-600?
The citizen who is interested in adopting a child, must follow the following steps so that he can present the document:
- You should read the instructions of the Form I-600.
- You have to fill out and sign this form.
- The citizen must cancel the filing fee (if applicable).
- Provide all the necessary evidence with the documentation.
The citizen will think that it comes after having delivered the documents. Well, once the institution receives the Form, the person should receive the following:
- A notification of the voucher confirming that they have received your request.
- A message from biometric services, as appropriate.
- Notification which must be submitted to an interview, if applicable.
- A notification of the final decision.
To conclude, we people must always give our bit, to help the people who need it most. With this document they grant a family the power to adopt a child. Each more person we make a difference.
Related articles that may interest you