If you need to know what the Form I-601A, you have reached the ideal article for you. During the following lines, we are going to talk a little about the details of this document, which allows foreign nationals to request provisional exemptions for unlawful presence.
Next, you will be able to find details about el format and the way in which you should fill in this document migratory of United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). In the same way, you will be able to know the rates of this procedure and its usefulness.
Read carefully and prepare to file your Form I-601A!
Form I-601A format
The first thing to know about this type of document is the format they have, since this will allow you to be aware of the aspects and data that you must provide to carry out the procedure.
Also, this way you can take the time to gather all the necessary information and manage the form with more calm and tranquility
In the same way, knowing the format of the form also allows you to avoid inconveniences or delays during document management; since you will be aware of all necessary aspects of the form.
In the case of Form I-601A, the format used is something lightweight and simple for applicants; since, despite the numerous fields of information, the data that you must enter is easy to gather. These are information that you have at hand and you get in a short time.
So to get started, the I-601A has a section at the beginning of the document that is dedicated solely for the use of staff of the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
Then the document is made up of nine sections. These are divided into eight information and one additional information.
- Information about the applicant: It is a section dedicated to the applicant of the document (You can be you or a “third”). It does not necessarily have to be the foreign citizen. In addition, it must be filled in with personal data (names, address, contact numbers, among others).
- Biographical information: It is a dedicated section for you to establish some of your physical traits (Ethnicity, Race, Weight, Height, among others).
- Information about your Immigrant Visa case: It is a section dedicated to the specific data of your Immigrant Visa. Here, you must put information about your case number, names and surnames, type of case, among others.
- Facts about your qualifying relative: It is a dedicated section for you to enter the details of a qualified relative, such as “contact person” for the management of your procedure.
- Applicant statement: It is a dedicated space for you to declare your reasons and request in the form.
- Applicant’s Declaration, Contract, Certification and Signature: It is a dedicated space for you to confirm your request by accepting the contract that the form implies and stamping your signature on it.
- Interpreter Information, Certification and Signature: It is a dedicated space for you to put the information of the interpreter of your request, if you have one.
- Data of “third parties”: It is a dedicated space to place the information and declaration of the people who make the form for you. This section only applies if you used a “third” to do the procedure for you.
- Additional Information: It is a dedicated section provides a “Extra space” to your answers, if you are they deserve it. That is, if you need more space to put information that you did not enter in another of the sections, you can do it in this space.
Completion of Form I-601A
Since we know how the Form I-601A format is, we must go to the instructions to follow in order to fill it out. In this way, you can avoid placing incorrect information or making a mistake in the section.
Form I-601A is a document that is only available to a certain group of immediate family members of US citizens or lawful permanent residents.
However, in order to submit this form you must meet certain conditions previously, which are established in USCIS on its website.
Then the Conditions you must meet to file Form I-601A are as follows:
- You must be physically present in the United States.
- Be at least 17 years old at the time of submitting the application.
- Have a pending Visa case with the United States Department of State.
- Believe that you are or will be inadmissible, for a period of illegal presence in the United States.
Once you have verified that you meet these conditions, you must fill out the form according to the indications that the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services establishes.
Now, if you want to know what those instructions are, you can access the following instructional PDF and know how to fill out the form.
What is Form I-601A Good for?
Form I-601A is a document that it is used in immigration and residence procedures in the country by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
This document is used for family members of US citizens or legal permanent residents to apply for a provisional exemption for illegal presence in the country for some cases.
This exemption It is requested when you have an Immigrant Visa case pending and the date of the interview is outside your period of stay. That is Your residence permit expires before you can get your Visa. Therefore, you request this form and extend your stay in the country, until you get the interview.
Where to present it?
Once we know the format and the way in which to fill out this form, we must go on to know where the document is presented to start the process.
To start with, you should know that this procedure can be done by mail, in addition to doing it at the USCIS offices. Therefore, you have the convenience of filling out the document from home and sending it without going to one of the facilities of the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services.
Now you have two options when mailing it:
- United States Postal Mail: USCIS / PO Box 4599 / Chicago, IL 60680
- Deliveries via FedEx, UPS and DHL: USCIS / Attn: I-601A / 131 S. Dearborn, 3rd Floor / Chicago, IL 60603-5517.
Secondly, the USCIS can also reject your form, if you do not meet the following fields:
- Part 1 – Personal information: Foreign Registration Number; Last name; Physical address in the US; Date of birth; Country of birth.
- Part 3 – Information about your Visa case: DOS Diversity Visa Case Number; USCIS Receipt Number; Reason for which you are going to immigrate to the USA; DOS Consular Case Number.
Before doing a procedure, you must find out if it is going to represent any cost to you; that is, if you have to pay to be able to do it. In this way, you can collect the money early and avoid an inconvenience for this reason.
In the case of Form I-601A, an amount of money must be paid to carry out the process. ANDThe cost of this document is estimated at $ 630 US dollars.
Also, if you are a person under the age of 79, you must pay an extra $ 85 US dollars for biometric services.
Now, if you want to cancel these amounts to continue with your process, you can make payment through the following channels:
- Money order.
- Personal check.
- Cashier’s check.
- Credit card (Applies for face-to-face cases).
What is Form I-601A?
Finally, to finish with this article on Form I-601A we are going to make a brief summary of the information that we have presented along these lines.
To get started, let’s review what form I-601A is. This document is used to request a special permit to stay in the country, while you process the Immigrant Visa. Of course, in order to use it you must be a direct relative of US citizens or legal permanent residents.
Also, you have the advantage of being a downloadable document; so you can access the USCIS web portal and get the form at any time. Then you can fill it out when you have time and send it through the country’s postal system or private companies.
On the other hand, one aspect that you should take into account is that Form I-601A It has an economic cost for which you must pay, in order to process the document and obtain the permit to stay in the country.
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar