The Form I-765 corresponds to the Employment Authorization Application. This form must be submitted to the USCIS when an alien wants to work legally in the United States for a specified period, and as a result needs a Employment Authorization Document (DAE).
Today we will be explaining what this form is like, we will talk to you about the instructions that you must follow, what it is for, how and where to present it, and what is the cost of the fee that you have to cancel due to processing rights. So do not go away! Stay and know everything about him Form I-765.
Form I-765 Format
Let’s start by talking about Form I-765 format, so that you can get familiar with the document right away. Knowing what the form is like will give you a guide on how to fill it out successfully, something that you will be learning throughout this article.
First of all, the form can be found at Pdf format. It does not have the option of being submitted online like other forms, but it is still very easy to fill it out. Although it is in PDF, it is enabled to be filled in a typescript, which is how we recommend doing it.
It consists of seven pages (07), which you will probably be filling in their entirety. However, specifically, data that will be requested are as follows:
- First, Reason for the request. Whether you are submitting the form to request permission to accept a job or to renew the permit, or because your DAE was lost, stolen, or damaged.
- Personal information. You must enter your basic personal data, such as your full name, other names that you have had or have, physical and postal address, other information, nationality, birth, information about your last visit to the country, information about your eligibility to apply for the DAE (27 -31), etc.
- Judgment, contact information, declaration, certification and signature the applicant (you), the interpreter (if applicable) and / or the third party who completed the form, if it was not the applicant (if applicable). This corresponds to parts 3, 4 and 5.
- Finally, you can see the section of Additional Information. In case you need to provide information, you have this section for it. You can also add additional sheets, but correctly identified.
As you can see, it contains the applicant’s data in a summarized and organized way. Likewise, the basic data of the possible people who participated in the process of filling out the form are reflected, be it an interpreter or a third party.
The positive thing about having this form available is that you can fill it out from the comfort of where you are, whenever you want, optimizing your time to the maximum.
The negative, perhaps, is that It is only in English. You can help someone if you need it, but the answers must also be given in English, along with any supporting documents. However, we will discuss this in the next section more thoroughly. For now, you can access the form to see it for yourself.
Instructions for Completing Form I-765
Now let’s talk about Instructions for Completing Form I-130. We have designed a series of aspects or steps that you should consider when completing this document correctly. Let’s see!
- To get started, you have to read the Instructions for Form I-765. Do them as many times as you think necessary. It will explain step by step how to complete the form and the legal and technical guidelines that you must follow to process it.
- This is only available in English. You can help from an interpreter, from a third party or use a document translation page if you wish.
- Remember that the document can be typed or printed legibly in black ink.
- You have the section of Additional Information in case you need it. Likewise, you can attach additional sheets with the pertinent information. Of course, you must identify the top of each sheet with the name and Alien Registration Number Yes there are.
- You must also indicate the page number, part and item to which you will refer. Don’t forget to sign and date each sheet.
- If a section does not apply, write N / A. Alone and only if it does not apply. Likewise, if they request numbers, enter 0. If it is a question, None (How many children does he have? None). The fields that say If Any They are not required, they should only be filled out when applicable.
- USCIS will consider a photocopied copy, faxed or scanned from the original valid handwritten signature for archival purposes. The photocopy, fax or scan must be of the original document that contains the signature handwritten in ink.
- Documents must be attached that support what is expressed in the form. You will find more about this in the Specific Instructions section or in What Evidence Must You Submit.
- IF one of these documents is in a language other than English, the translation must be included.
- Finally, keep in mind that if the form does not contain the signature will not be received. Likewise, the entire form must be completed.
These are some of the indications that you will find in the Instructions, but there are undoubtedly many more. Too many to translate in a single article, so we recommend helping someone. What if it is necessary is that you read it. It will take you some time, as they are more than thirty pages, but it will save you from having to face unforeseen events.
What is it for?
The Form I-765 is used to make the Application for Employment Authorization Document (DAE), which is crucial for any foreigner who wants to work in the United States legally and temporarily.
This allows the applicant’s data to be synthesized in an organized way, so that the authorities can have a little more context when granting the work permit. Of course, not everyone can do it, but it depends on the category in which the foreigner is, these being:
- First category: corresponds to people who can work in the country due to their immigration status.
- Second category: the foreigner can only work for a specific employer, as a consequence of the immigration status he or she possesses.
- Third category: if and only if the applicant needs authorization due to being in a certain immigration category.
The DAE is requested by the employer when it is going to hire a foreigner, to carry out the entire process legally in accordance with the provisions of the United States labor statutes.
In conclusion, the form is used to process the necessary work permit to work in the United States. It allows USCIS to know the applicant’s details and have a basis for supporting documentation.
Filing Form I-765
To finish, we can go on to talk about the Filing Form I-765. Since you know what data they request, how to fill it out and what it is for exactly, we can move on to the next step, which corresponds to the presentation of the document.
Basically, and for you to see it from a broader point of view, the Processing of Work Authorization Application it goes like this:
- First, you must read the instructions to fill out the document.
- Next, you must proceed to fill out and sign the form.
- If applicable, pay the processing fee fee. Likewise, you must gather the documentation required to support the form. Don’t forget to sign.
- Attach the Form G-1145 if you want to be notified by email about the receipt of the form.
- Come to one of the Presentation Directions for this document. It can be the one of your preference.
- Surrender all the documentation.
- Finally, wait for the notifications to arrive about the process. They will probably interview you before announcing the final decision.
Take your time estimates, as this process may take a while. However, if you use all the information we have given you today, you shouldn’t have a problem. We recommend you enter this link from USCIS to know other aspects of the form that are just as important and that you won’t get anywhere else.
What is the Filing Fee?
For the presentation of this form, a fee must be paid. This has a value of $ 410. It can be canceled with a cashier’s check, personal or money order. You also have the option of paying by credit card, but for this you must fill out Form G-1450.
In the case of the check, you will have to make a name from the US Department of Homeland Security.
This is the base rate. To process biometrics there is an additional $ 85. Keep in mind that there are people who do not pay, which is reflected in the instructions and in the last link that we leave you in the previous section.
What is it?
The Form I-765 It is a document that is used to make the request for authorization to work, which is manifested in the Employment Authorization Document (DEA). This document is requested by employers to legally hire a foreigner within the United States.
its filing fee base is $ 410, but there may be additional charges. Likewise, there are people who qualify to pay nothing. All this can be found in the instructions for the form, which is vital that you read.
Once you have the form and the supporting documentation ready, you can go to the authorized offices and start the process. We hope we have helped you with what you were looking for.
Until next time!
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar