Do you want to work in the United States? Do you need a work permit? Don’t you know what requirements you need? Procedures and requirements invites you to read this article, where you can learn everything about the Employment Authorization Document (EAD). You will also be able to know how to obtain this instrument through the Form I-765.
The form I-765 It is a registration instrument that must be processed before the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). In this content you will find the easiest way to complete this form and thus be able to obtain the work permit you need.
What is Form I-765?
The Form I-765 known as Application for Employment Authorization or form I-765 It is a registration instrument intended for the application process for an employment authorization and for obtaining an Employment Authorization Document (EAD).
The Employment Authorization Document (EAD) It is a document that is issued to the person who wishes to work in the United States, which works as a work permit and is issued directly by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). It grants holders the opportunity to work legally in the United States, applying to any type of employment.
The Form I-765 for the application for this work permit. Generally, the EAD is issued for a specified period and you can work for any employer, without requesting a “petition for a nonimmigrant worker”.
The Employment Authorization Document (EAD) It is issued in a plastic, like a card, which has essential information and data about the person, such as name, sex, date of birth, country of origin, type of emigrant and also contains a photograph of the holder.
The card is duly equipped with several security features, it also has a card number, the number corresponding to the foreigner registration, some terms and conditions and the validity date.
Who can file Form I-765?
They must present the Form I-765 those people who want to work in the United States who are not US citizens or legal permanent residents. To apply to the EAD, certain specific characteristics must be met, such as:
- Asylees and people seeking asylum.
- People who are refugees.
- Students who wish to be employed.
- People who are in adjusting the status of permanent residence.
- Those people who are under temporary protection, or who are in the application process.
- Those fiancées, or spouses of US citizens.
- Those dependent on foreign government officials.
- J-2 visa spouse of an exchange visitor.
- Younger child with a J-2 visa of an exchange visitor.
- Spouse of a merchant with an E-1 / E-2 visa.
- Spouse of an L-1 intra-corporate transferee.
The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) grants the Employment Authorization Document (EAD) based on the following categories:
- Obtaining the EAD.
- EAD renewal.
- EAD replacement.
Requirements to submit the application
You must issue a copy of each of the documents mentioned below:
- Form I-94: United States Entry and Exit Record, intended for resident aliens and persons who have visas and are returning.
- Work permit, previously issued.
- You must also present two current passport or passport photos
- Check or money order to cancel the application fee.
How to fill out Form I-765?
The Form I-765 It has 7 pages and has a guide for completing it, which has 27 pages. The last edition of this form was in May 2018. It is necessary to fill out and submit this application form in order to obtain the work permit.
To effectively and successfully complete the Form I-765 You must follow the following steps to the letter:
- To begin you must obtain the form to fill out, for this you can access here: https://www.uscis.gov/es/forms/i-765
- Once this is done, you must provide all your personal and contact information that is requested in the document. Complete the first 11 questions.
- Then you must proceed to fill out the other questions that appear in the application form (Form I-765).
- In question number 12, you must indicate what was the most recent entry into the United States, and enter the entry way, referring to the type of visa that was used to enter.
- Question 15 consists of indicating the name of the office that approved or denied the application, if you have already applied for a work permit.
- In question number 16 you must indicate the place of your last entry, supplying certain specific information.
- From question 17 to question 19, you must describe your category as a student or visitor.
- Then to continue, from question number 20 to number 23, you must make sure to follow the instructions to complete this form, to find your eligibility category.
What is the cost of filing Form I-765?
The cost for the procedure is $ 410 and you must also pay an additional $ 85 for biometric procedures.
In the case of the request with FileRight it is $ 195.
Request with FileRight
FileRight is the simplest and easiest way to complete Form I-765. This system has the following characteristics:
- It contains easy, simple questions in English or Spanish, which are answered by clicking.
- The system verifies that your form has no errors.
- It is an on-line system that does not require complicated instructions.
- It is a matter of completing it, printing it and presenting it.
- Save big costs.
- Custom instructions are issued.
With this way of completing the Form I-765 you will be able to carry out your process in less time.
What is the United States Citizenship Immigration Service?
The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is a federal agency, which is in charge of immigration control in the United States. This entity is subject to the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Its creation was in March 2003, and it is based in Washington, DC. This institution is in charge of regulating and supervising the legal and illegal immigration of foreigners in the United States.
Remember to take into account all the content of the article to guarantee successful results.
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar