The Form I-912 corresponds to the Fee Waiver Request. It is used when trying to demonstrate that you do not have the financial means to pay the filing fees required by the USCIS, which is why it is a very important document that you should know if you find yourself in this situation.
That is why we have brought this article for you. Today we will explain how its format is, what instructions you must follow when filling it out, what it is for exactly, how you should present it and if you are eligible. Likewise, we will give you the necessary tools so that you know everything about the application process. Do not go!
Form I-912 Format
Let’s start by talking about Form I-912 Format, which corresponds to the characteristics that define this document. The truth is that when you talk about a format, it is usually associated with a sample. However, for the sake of a better understanding, we clarify at once that we will talk about the form that you can submit.
This is downloadable. Consequently, the applicant can fill it out from the comfort of his home, office or from wherever he is, at any time of the day and only by following a series of instructions that we will be indicating in the following sections.
Even though it is in Pdf format, this is enabled for you to fill it from the computer if you wish. It consists of eleven (11) pages and all must be completed at your discretion.
The data requested on Form I-912 are:
- Basis of the Request. Here you must specify the reason that makes you eligible to submit the exemption request. We will talk more about this in the section on Who should process it.
- This point is the most important because it indicates the fields that you must fill in according to the option you choose.
- Applicant’s Personal Data. The full name is requested, if other names have been had, date of birth, marital status, USCIS account number, etc. Some fields indicate If any, that is, if they correspond. When this appears, the field is only required where applicable.
- List of Petitions. We refer to a table where you must indicate the numbers of the forms for which the exemption is required, both yours (applicant) and your family members. You must also specify the basic data of the person who will make use of the exemption.
- Social benefits. If you selected that you received benefits, then you must complete this section. You must fill in the table that appears with the data of the beneficiaries of the benefits and with the characteristics of the benefit.
- Income less than or equal to 150% of the federal poverty level. It is only completed if you selected option two from the first part. You must report employment status, information about your spouse, household size and characteristics, and annual household income.
- Economic hardship. It corresponds to option three of the first part and is only filled if you selected that option. You must describe in detail the situation that requires major expenses, debts or loss of earnings. Likewise, you must indicate the liquid assets that you have at your disposal, and the monthly expenses and obligations.
- Declaration, contact information, certification and signature of the applicant. The same section will tell you how you should fill out that part, as long as it applies. It contains the data that its title indicates, along with the signatures of the family members.
- Declaration, contact information, certification and signature of the family member. In the next section: Declaration, contact information, certification and signature of the interpreter.
- Information of the third party who filled out the application. It is completed if it was not the exemption applicant who completed the form, but someone else
- Finally, you will find part eleven, included in case the applicant needs to add Additional Information.
Form I-912 is in English, as is its instructions. Nevertheless, KGD Translation has been responsible for translating the form in its entirety. You can access it to learn more about how to fill it out, although it cannot be used in the process. It is merely a facility that will allow you to familiarize yourself with the document.
Instructions for Completing Form I-912
Since you know the format, let’s talk about the Instructions for Completing Form I-912. You certainly have no choice in this regard, because if you want to fill out the form correctly you must read all the instructions. Of course you can help someone else if your English is not very good, but it is vital to know the parameters to follow.
We will provide you with a series of aspects that you must take into account when filling out the form, these being:
- To begin, you must access the Instructions for Form I-912. This is facilitated by the same S Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) so you know exactly how to fill out the form.
- Read it as many times as necessary, emphasizing the sections specific to each part. You will also be able to know the forms that can be chosen to request the exemption.
- The form can be filled out in the same PDF or you can download, print and fill it out.
- In the case that you do it by hand, you can only make use of black or dark blue ink pen.
- The document cannot have studs, amendments or anything similar.
- Stamped or typed names are not accepted for a firm. It must be properly signed or the form will be returned.
- USCIS will consider a photocopied copy, faxed or scanned from the original valid handwritten signature for archival purposes. The photocopy, fax or scan must be of the original document that contains the signature handwritten in ink.
- Documents must be attached that support what is expressed in the form. You will find more about this in the section of Specific Instructions.
- If you present a document in Spanish or another language, then the English translation must be attached.
- If a section does not apply, write N / A. Alone and only if it does not apply.
- You have the section of Additional Information in case you need it. Likewise, you can attach additional sheets with the pertinent information. Of course, you must identify the top of each sheet with the name and Alien Registration Number Yes there are.
- You must also indicate the page number, part and item to which you will refer.
If you take all of this into account, you should have no problem filling out the document and submitting it when appropriate. Our general recommendation is that you read all the instructions, the form and the information related to the procedure before doing anything.
What is Form I-912 Good for?
The Form I-912 is used to Request the Fee Waiver. When a person goes to file a form with the USCIS, there is a cost to file it that some people cannot afford, which is why they have this alternative.
Those people who need to do a procedure in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) but they cannot afford it, they have the option of processing this form and being exempt, together with their family members, from paying the fee for specific forms for the procedure.
Of course, and as you already know, the applicant must show the evidence that supports what is reported in the form. Likewise, in the instructions and throughout the form, the additional requirements that must be submitted will be specified.
Who should process it?
In line with what we explained to you in the previous section, the Form I-912 is addressed to people who cannot pay the fees for filing forms for different procedures.
Exactly, the USCIS includes these people in three categories:
- Either the applicant, the spouse or the head of the family who resides with the applicant enjoys verified economic benefits.
- You have financial difficulties to meet the expense. Emergency or unexpected expenses are included.
- Finally, that the total household income is below 150% of the Federal Poverty Index.
If the person falls into any of these categories, then they can request fee waiver. Similarly, you can enter this link to learn everything about this procedure from the official USCIS website.
Where to present it?
To finish, let’s talk about the Filing Form I-912. With this we conclude everything about the document and we hope that it is enough for you to carry out the process without obstacles.
Form I-912 must be submitted along with documentation that supports the request. Consequently, if you are requesting to be exempt from paying the Form I-193, Then you must send this along with the I-912 and the documents that support the process, to the address that appears in the instructions for Form I-193.
You are not allowed to submit the form (in the I-193 example) first and then Form I-912. They must be submitted together for evaluation. Equally, Online submission of any form is not allowed if exemption is requested. It is processed is the printed version.
What is Form I-912?
The Form I-912 is used to make the Fee Waiver Request when the person does not have the means to pay for the payment of a form necessary to file a procedure with the USCIS.
It is in PDF format, to be filled out at once or printed and then completed by hand. It must be submitted together with the forms for which the exemption is desired and the additional documentation for the process.
We hope we have helped you with what you were looking for. Now you know and have the necessary tools to fill out and present this document correctly.
Until next time!
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar