The passport is a document that every citizen of the world must have valid while traveling or settling in the USA, especially for Mexicans.
For when the validity period of your passport expires, remember to search as quickly as possible for the Requirements to renew a Mexican passport in the United States.
The passport is the travel document that is issued so that Mexicans (and in general, citizens of the world) can prove their nationality and identity in the rest of the globe. This same guarantees, in addition, the free passage, protection and help of the authorities of the countries they visit.
The passport is a tool that any person of Mexican nationality by naturalization or by birth can obtain, and in the future, renew if necessary. The Mexican passport renewal It is carried out through the free dating service Mexitel.
Appointments for information on the Requirements to renew a Mexican passport in the United States can be requested through the Mexitel service, by calling 1-877-639-4835 waves 24 hours of the day through the online service, which you can access by pressing here.
Appointments are granted to attend from Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 10:00 pm, and on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays of 11:00 am to 7:00 pm All this according to the time zone of the East of the country.
In case of emergency, you can go to the general consulate without making a prior appointment from Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm, or from 3:00 pm to 6:45 pm To assist in an emergency, you must gather and deliver the documents that support your situation.
Finally, there is also the consulate service on wheels, where you can process the renewal of Mexican passport. Likewise, you must schedule an appointment, which is obtained by calling 1-877-639-4835.
For over 18 years
The Requirements to renew a Mexican passport in the United States for a person over 18 years of age It must be presented when its validity expires, the document is stolen, lost or destroyed, or when the pages of the book are exhausted.
The procedure is carried out as follows:
- Schedule your appointment by calling the Mexitel service (1-877-639-4835) or in the online service.
- Go to the consular office at the time and day assigned to you.
- Present yourself with the passport that has already expired. This is returned at the end of the process, once it has been canceled.
- If the previous passport was lost or stolen, you must go to the consulate and investigate how you should proceed to make the complaint letter. Usually, this procedure is carried out with the corresponding police station.
- In the event that the passport you want to renew has been issued before 1995 on Mexico or before 2007 abroad, you must proceed as if the procedure was done for the first time. This means that you must prove your nationality or identity with another document.
- Passports that are valid for one year are not yet allowed to be renewed.
- Make the payment of the corresponding fee depending on the term you request in this case.
- Ready! You have already completed the process and Requirements to renew a Mexican passport in the United States.
- An appointment must be scheduled for each unique person requesting passport renewal.
- You will not be allowed to enter the consulate general office but only 15 minutes before your appointment time.
- If you arrive half an hour or more after the scheduled appointment, you will be attended at the end of the day.
- The process to obtain or renew the passport and consular registration lasts approximately one hour Be patient!
All documents must be submitted in their original version. Most of them will be returned immediately to the owner.
- It is not allowed to use documents with alterations, omissions and amendment. This applies to the date of birth, of registration, the nationality of the applicant, of his parents. Authorized signatures must also appear, official seals, which must be legible and clear.
- Photographs or copies will not be necessary.
- The passport photograph is to be taken inside the consulate and will be printed immediately on the passport or on the consular plate.
For minors under 18 years of age and people with disabilities
On the other hand, in addition to complying with the aforementioned requirements, to renew the Mexican passport of a minor or person with a disability, you must add:
- Show the identification of the fathers, mothers, representatives or responsible persons.
- Deliver the corresponding format with the consent of the representatives.
- Present the birth certificate or certificate of Mexico of the elderly person with a disability or the minor represented.
- The names of the parents presented must coincide with those that appear on the minor’s birth certificate. In the event that one of the two or both parents were foreigners, they have to present the passports of their countries of origin that are still valid.
If the father or mother of the minor is deceased, the remaining representative must present a certified copy of his or her death certificate.
- For when one of the parents or legal representatives does not reside in the locality where the consulate is located, help with the procedure should be requested at a consular office outside of USA that is close to your home in order to grant your authorization. If not, it can be requested in front of the nearest delegation of the Ministry of Foreign Relations in Mexico.
- If the guardian or representative is not the father or mother of the minor, a certified copy of the judicial resolution that granted the guardianship must be presented, issued by the court that handled the case.
For theft or loss
Finally, there is the case of renewal of the Mexican passport due to theft or loss. In this case, you should proceed as shown below:
- Request the report of the loss, loss or theft in the police or local authority that is assigned to this case.
- If for one reason or another the report cannot be obtained, the consular office must guarantee that a record is prepared with the declaration and signature of the applicant regarding the circumstance.
- The name that will appear on the passport has to be the same as on the main identity document. Otherwise, the applicant must make sure to present the documents that serve as a guarantee that it is the same person who owns both.
- In cases of renewal due to theft, loss or destruction, you should try to bring the evidence and documents that are requested in case of processing the passport for the first time.
What is OP-7
The OP-7 is a document signed by the representatives or guardians of a minor to grant consent for their passport and corresponding consular registration number to be issued.
The documents to complete the passport process through the OP-7 are as follows:
- Original and copy of an official identity document with photograph of the representatives in question. Among them can be presented:
- The Mexican passport without observations that contradict the identity of the holder.
- A voting right credential issued by the Federal Electoral Institute.
- A high security consular license plate. It must not have observations such as those in the passport, and must be from after the May 13, 2005.
The driver’s license from the states of Connecticut, New Jersey or New York.
- Permission to work within the country.
- The permanent residence card in the USA.
- An identification made by the corresponding department of vehicles.
- The driver’s license of any another of the states that make up the USA.
- A copy of the birth certificate of the represented minor.
- A letter explaining to which state you want to send the OP-7, and the name of the representative who will be in charge of accompanying the minor during the passport process.
- The death certificate, in case one of the parents has died.
- When one of the parents has lost the right to parental authority, the other representative must deliver a certified copy of the judicial decision issued by the State of Mexico.
- In the event that the judicial resolution has been made abroad, it must be approved before a judge of Mexico to make it valid.
Cost of renewal and consular registration
Passport renewal costs depend on the time for which you want to apply for validity:
- If it is for one year (which is the one done in case of consular protection and for children under three years of age), the cost is 32 US dollars.
- In the case of requesting it so that the validity lasts 3 years, the cost is 74 US dollars.
- For the validity of the passport by 6 years, the cost to be 101 US dollars.
- And to request the renewal of the passport by 10 years, you must pay a fee of 136 US dollars.
NOTE: The people who are over 60 years have the benefit of paying only the 50% of the amounts established in each of the above cases.
On the other hand, the cost of the right to the consular registration service is established in $ 27.
It is important to be clear that banknotes will not be accepted. 100 dollars in any of the processes described above. In addition, payment of fees must be made with a VISA, Mastercard or Discovery debit or credit card, or in cash.
Renewing your passport, wherever you are, shouldn’t be a complicated issue.
As long as you have your Requirements to renew a Mexican passport in the United States, you will be able to recover the use and benefits it brings you.
What do you expect then? Success!
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar