Through the Municipality of Guatemala and the Traffic Department, and in accordance with the provisions of the Guatemalan Traffic Lawadministrative sanctions could be imposed as the case may be. Do you want to know if you have SAT fines? Keep reading!
What is the SAT
The SAT is the Superintendence of Tax Administration, a decentralized state entity, with jurisdiction throughout the national territory. Its purpose is carry out procedures in the tax administration established in the Decree No. 1-98 of the Congress of the Republic of Guatemala.
enjoy economic, functional independence, financial, administrative, technical, has legal personality, own resources, and assets, as well as administers the customs system of the Republic of Guatemala.
At the same time, performs certain functions. Although we will not mention them all, we bring you the most important ones. They are:
- constitute and manage the means of payment, inspection, collection, collection and control of taxes under his responsibility.
- Place the respective sanctions to tax-paying citizens, in accordance with the provisions of the Tax Code and all other customs laws.
- set all systems and means that provide citizens compliance with their tax duties.
- Create internal regulations that allows compliance with the laws in the tax factor.
- Give the State the necessary guidance on fiscal policy and tax legislation,
- Plan, evaluate and monitor the mission of the Tax Administration.
- According to the rinternal regulations and the Tax Administration Superintendence Law You must manage your own resources: material, human and financial.
- And the rest of the functions that are related to the revenue and tax administration.
What is PMT?
Created in 1998, ita PMT is the Municipal Traffic Policewhich continues to maintain the same objectives since its creation:
- monitor and regularize traffic in the city.
- Orientation to driversaccident prevention.
- Articulation of operatives such as heavy transport, clandestine races, breathalyzer, etc,
- Taxi control operations and buses.
- help in recreational Events, sociocultural, and sports.
- Preparation of procedures technical and operational
- infrastructure support, signaling and lane changes.
I know characterized by discipline and order that they demonstrate, when they are at the service and in support of a person, just when they need it.
The Guatemalan Traffic Law
Through the Municipality of Guatemala and the Traffic Department, through the Municipal Affairs Court and in accordance with the provisions of the Guatemalan Traffic Lawadministrative sanctions could be imposed as the case may be.
Such administrative sanctions They may be:
- Retention of documents.
- Seizure vehicular.
- Cancellation and/or suspension of the driver’s license.
How to consult the fines
All users can get the information about the fines or infractions in which they may have incurred, with the purpose that said sanctions are paid electronically or through banks accredited for it.
If there is a traffic violationthe system will show the date, time, amount to be paid for the infraction or traffic fine, and in the same way the amount to be charged in case of delay or in cases where reductions have been requested and if they were approved.
Next the links where these queries can be made:
There is something to keep in mind, without the payment of fines or infractions, it is impossible to print the electronic circulation decal of the vehicles.
Steps to follow to pay the Vehicle Circulation Tax
According to what the SAT indicates, Failure to pay on time would imply sanctions after the limits set, which would cause interest and default, a fine for omission.
To check the amount to pay It can be done directly from the SAT website, the license plate number and the NIT would be placed, and the amount to be paid will come out.
For fill out the SAT form the following steps must be followed:
- Must be to access to the web.
- then it should fill out form SAT-4091 that appears in section 5 (Vehicles).
- The next step is enter the plate number and NIT.
- By entering your plate number and NIT and automatically the amount to pay will appear.
- click on VALIDATE the form.
- Later FREEZE the form.
- And finally PRINT the form.
- After that, Payment is made at the windows of authorized banks (or online banking).
- Once the above steps have been completed we proceed to PRINT the distinctive (sticker) making click here.
What to do if I have traffic tickets
In the high seasons or high movement of citizenssuch as holidays or end-of-year parties, the Municipal Traffic Police increase operations to protect citizens from accidents.
It is therefore, that verify that the drivers are not under the influence of alcohol and that the vehicles they drive are completely solvent and do not have pending fines for payment.
If and only if, it were to be at this point, the PMT complying with the provisions of the Traffic Regulationsin its article No. 190 authorizes the agents to proceed to retain the vehicle until the driver pays the amount owed.
In case a driver has an unpaid ticketthe vehicle will be stopped, and consequently, it must go to a bank or municipal agency and cancel it.
Notably, agents can also get paid of the pending sanction for payment through the POS with a credit or debit card.
As well as, if you own a smartphoneyou can download the application called Multas GT through Google Play or entering the web pages and through the Traffic Department of the National Civil Police.
What happens if I don’t pay the fine on time?
If the driver does not pay the amount of the fine within the stipulated term, it becomes a firm debt, with which you must pay a late payment surcharge and late payment interest.
What is the function of the SAT?
Notably the SAT is the Tax Administration Serviceits main function is to apply customs and tax legislation, with the intention that legal entities and individuals comply with their tax responsibilities.
What are the types of administrative sanctions?
The types of administrative sanctions range from finesretention of documents, reprimands, seizure of vehicles and cancellation or suspension of the driver’s license.
What are the main functions of the Municipal Traffic Police?
- Monitor and regularize traffic in the city.
- Orientation to driversaccident prevention.
- Articulation of operations such as heavy transportclandestine races, breathalyzer, etc,
What can a driver who has unpaid traffic tickets do?
In case a driver If you have a fine that has not been canceled, and the deadline for its cancellation has already expired, the vehicle will be stopped, and therefore, you must go to a bank or municipal agency and cancel it.
We read each other!
Related articles that may interest you